Rodrigo Comprido Speaks On Brock Lesnar

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rodrigo Comprido Speaks On Brock Lesnar
juanez13
6/25/08 3:40:06PM

GRACIEMAG.com: A lot of people think he doesn't know any ground fighting. What's your assessment of his Jiu-Jitsu level and how far do you intend to go with him?
Comprido: The guy's a world class wrestler, US champion. It's impossible that he doesn't know anything about fighting on the ground. He has a really good base, and he positions himself well. The guy is always open to learning new things, or in other words, he's the student every teacher wishes they had. Of course there are things to improve and I hope to help him with the Jiu-Jitsu part. Sooner or later he'll have to face Rodrigo Minotauro, who's the best MMA fighter I've ever seen fight. But he's focused on his next fight and is not thinking about that yet. I'm aware of the fact that he's way above average and that I can help him conquer the UFC belt or that of any other event he wishes to compete in.

GRACIEMAG.com: A lot is said, as well, about his absurd strength and optimal physical conditioning. Is he really that strong, well prepared and so good a wrestler?
Comprido: His strength really is extraordinary, he's by far the strongest guy I've ever coached. But he's so aware of that that during training he uses very little strength (which is more than enough). [laughs] Not just anybody becomes wrestling champion of the United States. I think few in MMA wouldn't get taken down by him in seconds.

LINK
Wolfenstein
6/25/08 4:43:09PM
I'm sure his conditioning is outstanding, but after observing the Mir fight it seem like he's almost hyperventilating before and during his fights because he's so amped up. Eventually he'll learn to relax and breath properly because it's pretty damn important.

I mean just listen to Matt Serra that's 99% of his coaching when he's cornering a guy "breath, breath, yeah nice!"

If Herring can get him into the later rounds I think we'll see an exhausted Lesnar.
McBee
6/25/08 4:44:59PM
all you Shaw sympathizers!

read this and tell me how you compare the UFC and Lesner to EliteXC and Kimbo

screw you all!
roman
6/25/08 5:07:16PM
LOL. Lesnar is not anywhere close to Kimbo. First of all they put him up against Mir, who I think Lesnar beats 9 out of 10 times.

It seems like people think Herring is going to beat him, but Lesnar will mop the floor with him. Three years he is champ and he will be champ for a really really long time.
Aether
6/25/08 7:22:59PM
I just like the comment about how nog is the "best mma fighter he's ever seen" I really don't see how it's possible to put nog ahead of fedor, inactivity or no.
Aether
6/25/08 7:28:38PM
also it's unfair to compare lesnar to kimbo. Lesnar is a legit competitive wrestler... One of the best. Wrestling carries over to MMA very well as we've seen a million times in the past. He's also shockingly fast for someone as huge and strong as he is. Lesnar look like he has legitimate potential to become one of the best HW in the world over the next couple years. Kimbo looks like he MAYBE has the potential to be somewhere near the middle of the pack in a couple of years.
wrona666
6/25/08 7:38:23PM
Lesnar is going to destroy The Texas Lazy Horse.......
McBee
6/25/08 7:49:40PM

Posted by Aether

also it's unfair to compare lesnar to kimbo. Lesnar is a legit competitive wrestler... One of the best. Wrestling carries over to MMA very well as we've seen a million times in the past. He's also shockingly fast for someone as huge and strong as he is. Lesnar look like he has legitimate potential to become one of the best HW in the world over the next couple years. Kimbo looks like he MAYBE has the potential to be somewhere near the middle of the pack in a couple of years.

that is what I said
Porch28
6/25/08 9:20:30PM

Posted by wrona666

Lesnar is going to destroy The Texas Lazy Horse.......

Couldn't have said it better myself
Porch28
6/25/08 9:21:41PM
Anyone want to do an avatar bet on the Lesnar/Herring fight let me know
saemskin
6/25/08 9:25:48PM

Posted by McBee

screw you all!

This is just stupid. Let it go man.
gartface
6/25/08 9:36:31PM

Posted by Porch28

I would, but I already have one riding on the big shoulders of Big Ben Rothwell.
candynuts
6/25/08 10:12:44PM

Posted by Porch28

Im up for the challenge. I've always been a supporter of Herring.
Gotta stick up for Herring, even though im a fan of Lesnar.

Bring it on!!!!!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/26/08 12:02:10AM
ya i think brock will smash herring. Mirs JJ is way better then herrings. I dont see hierring catching brock in a sub. Brock will take him down and Tko him first round
McBee
6/26/08 2:51:03AM

Posted by saemskin

Posted by McBee

screw you all!

This is just stupid. Let it go man.

who are you Yoda?
Porch28
6/26/08 5:41:03AM

Posted by candynuts

Posted by Porch28

Im up for the challenge. I've always been a supporter of Herring.
Gotta stick up for Herring, even though im a fan of Lesnar.

Bring it on!!!!!

ITs on!!!!