Does a rocket shot work.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Does a rocket shot work.
casey64
7/24/07 9:19:58PM
The little bottle of energy it says it gives you a boost of energy during a workout you take it before a workout.It is called Rocket Shot Energy Shot.It is at wal mart for 98 cents it is a small bottle.
madmarck
7/25/07 2:28:41AM
try it and tell us. It is only 98 cents.
Mastodon2
7/25/07 6:01:07AM

Posted by casey64

The little bottle of energy it says it gives you a boost of energy during a workout you take it before a workout.It is called Rocket Shot Energy Shot.It is at wal mart for 98 cents it is a small bottle.

Yeah they have these things in the UK, sold as packets of gel, they look like big Ketchup sachets. It's basically just glucose gel, which some electrolytes and stuff in it to make it more readily absorbed by your body. They act as a quick injection of fuel to your muscles, when all the glucose is gone, and all the glucagon has been turned into Glucose and again respired away.

They are used by Marathon runners after the 20 mile mark. To put it this way, unless you are REALLY going for it in your work out (do you run a marathon every time you are in the gym?!) you dont really need these, because your muscles will most likely have enough fuel to get through a typical work out, unless you have a diabolical diet.

Furthermore, they arent really suitable for everyday workouts, as using them will keep your glucose levels and glucagon stores in your muscles topped up, and you will never reach the decreased level of glucose in the muscles that causes fat to begin to be respired, you will keep putting in readily available fuel, and your body will never resort to respiring fat, so while your cardiovascular fitness will improve, you wont be losing much fat. Losing fat makes your body more efficient in just about everyway, so its a good thing, even if you dont look flabby, a low body fat level is good for any athlete, or anyone interested in a healthy lifestyle.

In short, unless you are a long distance runner, or you like to train for hour, after hour, way beyond the realms of normal training, save your 98 cents.
wilwith1l
7/25/07 12:46:58PM
You crazy brit. you said sachets.
Rush
7/25/07 1:26:35PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by casey64

Yeah they have these things in the UK, sold as packets of gel, they look like big Ketchup sachets. It's basically just glucose gel, which some electrolytes and stuff in it to make it more readily absorbed by your body. They act as a quick injection of fuel to your muscles, when all the glucose is gone, and all the glucagon has been turned into Glucose and again respired away.

They are used by Marathon runners after the 20 mile mark. To put it this way, unless you are REALLY going for it in your work out (do you run a marathon every time you are in the gym?!) you dont really need these, because your muscles will most likely have enough fuel to get through a typical work out, unless you have a diabolical diet.

Furthermore, they arent really suitable for everyday workouts, as using them will keep your glucose levels and glucagon stores in your muscles topped up, and you will never reach the decreased level of glucose in the muscles that causes fat to begin to be respired, you will keep putting in readily available fuel, and your body will never resort to respiring fat, so while your cardiovascular fitness will improve, you wont be losing much fat. Losing fat makes your body more efficient in just about everyway, so its a good thing, even if you dont look flabby, a low body fat level is good for any athlete, or anyone interested in a healthy lifestyle.

In short, unless you are a long distance runner, or you like to train for hour, after hour, way beyond the realms of normal training, save your 98 cents.

Being a long distance runner I would like to add that it also takes some time for gel packs to start working. i.e. if you take one, you should do so 20 min before you work out or with at least 30 min left in your workout.

From a runner's perspective, when I ran a half marathon, I took the get pack at the 10k mark which is just under half way. If I am running a 5 k (which takes me 19-20 min) I wouldn't even bother taking one.
jomatty
7/27/07 7:01:56AM
when i read this i thought "what the hell is a rocket shot, that must be what randy did to chuck in their first fight. or maybe thats matt lindlands technique"

i really was expecting some special technique for shooting for a takedown lol