Rock bands needed .. Hackney needs your recommendations .. !!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Rock bands needed .. Hackney needs your recommendations .. !!
keith-hackney1
12/14/08 2:23:26PM
Hello guys, i'm always on the look out for new music, alternative or rock bands mainly. This year 30 seconds to mars, the killers and kings of leon have stormed the UK charts with beltering music. Is there any bands or solo artists that you might recommend for me to have a listen to ?? I'm into bands like feeder, rage against the machine, queens of the stone age, Bloc party, funeral for a friend, even guns and roses and stem bands like that. Not forgetting the bands mentioned above. Theres loads of talented bands around who have not quite made it to the big shows yet who are writing talented music now, these are the bands i want to listen too. Even an American band who have never released anything in the UK, There's quite a few out there similar to the above bands mentioned.

Thanks you guys, much appreciated .. !!!!
Hackney christmas !!!!
Bowen50
12/14/08 2:41:13PM
try listening to Year Long Disaster. new classic rock band basically. Incubus is another band i'd recommend. they've been around for a while obviously but you didn't list them so i figured i'd suggest it.
Wolfenstein
12/14/08 3:08:39PM
If you're into Funeral for a Friend (great band) then you would probably enjoy Thrice, AFI, and Rise Against.

jakeiceman
12/14/08 3:12:13PM
Not EXACTlY the same sound as the ones you mentioned but two good newer bands are Jet Black Stare and Revalation Theory.
keith-hackney1
12/14/08 5:36:07PM
cheers guys, i will take a look at them all.
Mungooch
12/14/08 6:32:15PM
Shinedown
dannyfrank
12/14/08 6:35:11PM
i dont think this is like anything else up there, but a band that i like a lot is called "Against Me!"

they're basically a mix of folk and punk
bojangalz
12/14/08 10:42:08PM

Posted by Mungooch

Shinedown

The Sound of Madness is probably one of my favorite albums to come out in a while now. They have the token top-40 song or two in there but otherwise it's great music all around.

Might I suggest Black Stone Cherry they've only got two albums out, so there is still plenty of time to catch up on all of their work. The most recent album is called "Folklore and Superstition". Def worth a look.
gartface
12/14/08 11:33:24PM
Check out The Bronx.
warglory
12/15/08 12:41:19AM
Check out some of these guys:

Clutch
Black Stone Cherry
Coheed and Cambria
Airbourne
Killswitch Engage
Spiritual Beggars
Scale the Summit
Underoath
big_timmy
12/15/08 2:05:07AM
Exit Ten
Maylene & The Sons Of Disaster
Brand New Sin (before they got the crappy girly singer)
jakeiceman
12/15/08 8:14:03AM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by Mungooch

Shinedown

The Sound of Madness is probably one of my favorite albums to come out in a while now. They have the token top-40 song or two in there but otherwise it's great music all around.

Might I suggest Black Stone Cherry they've only got two albums out, so there is still plenty of time to catch up on all of their work. The most recent album is called "Folklore and Superstition". Def worth a look.

Bojangles my man you get props because Black Stone Cherry is easily one of the best bands of the last 30 years in my opinion. Good old fashioned rock and I can tell you that they are some of the most grateful and down to earth guys you could meet

To Black Stone Cherry
ohiostate1016
12/15/08 12:21:06PM
A little more progressive, but I really like The Mars Volta. They have a really great Latin influence, and the two main guys were in the band At the Drive In. They can definitely shread.

'Televators' is one of my favorite songs.
BigEvil
12/15/08 1:24:26PM
Coheed and Cambria would be my recomendation.
emfleek
12/15/08 1:43:38PM
jakeiceman
12/15/08 9:06:42PM

Posted by emfleek

Left Lane Cruiser
Black Diamond Heavies
Scott H. Biram

Dude that is some grungy southern rock! (Thats not a bad thing)

One more reccomendation for you Hackney

Neurosonic-So many people

They are a different sound, but I dig em.

I have a music addiction so I will keep adding as I think of em.
Wolfenstein
12/15/08 9:31:59PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by Mungooch

Shinedown

I like Shinedown but their last album was a huge disspointment for me. After deftly avoiding the "sophmore slump" with what I think was their best album (Us and Them) I expected big things. So far I think "Lady so Divine" is head and shoulders above all their other songs.

It seems like they're attempting to go in some new directions, but to me it just seemed uninspired with some really dreadfull choruses like "Devour". Supposedly it was supposed to be a heavier album and a few songs are, but most come off as "poppy". "Second Chance" is probably the only song I enjoy off the new album.
emfleek
12/15/08 10:32:36PM

Posted by jakeiceman

Dude that is some grungy southern rock! (Thats not a bad thing)

Sadly, though...listening online does none of them any justice.

Left Lane Cruiser = 2 guys (guitar + drums)
Black Diamond Heavies = 2 guys (organ + drums)
Scott H. Biram (the dirty old one man band)
Mayhem13
12/16/08 2:22:16AM
keith-hackney1
12/18/08 4:24:45PM
thanks alot you guys, that awesome ..
ShadowxBox
12/18/08 4:50:21PM
Damn some of you have horrible music taste.
jakeiceman
12/18/08 11:38:43PM

Posted by ShadowxBox

Damn some of you have horrible music taste.

Way to judge without giving any example of what you like..............FAIL
nastshabast
12/19/08 7:03:41PM
jakeiceman
12/21/08 8:20:57AM

Posted by nastshabast

this

and this

and then this

how about some hip hop?

Peace, Nasty

I will give it to you, not exactly my cup of tea but but they were all atleast interesting, you get a 9/10 for originality