Robbie Lawler's Next ICON Title Defense Confirmed

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Robbie Lawler's Next ICON Title Defense Confirmed
adamsb
10/15/07 4:15:01PM
he will fight Kala Kolohe Hose dec.15th

link
Lay_N_Pray
10/15/07 6:01:01PM
That should be a very interesting fight I think. I mean Hose is pretty green to be getting a title shot at this point in his career, but from what I have seen of him he chooses excellent angles when he is on his feet, making it hard for people to strike effectively against him while he can capitalize on openings.

Plus he has heart, he took a heavyweight, a good one at that, Reese Andy, to a decision even though he lost. I think Lawler might have his hands full and if he leaves himself open like he did in the Diaz fight he will have the same results.

But he looked tremendous and in control against Ninja, so as of now I will take Lawler by 4th rd TKO.
loonytnt
10/15/07 6:34:29PM
Robbie by KO 1st round imo
NatedawgThaM
10/15/07 7:53:34PM
WHAT A FREAKIN WAR THIS WILL BE!!! They both love to be on there feet hence there impressive mostly ALL KO records..

I still Have Robbie by KO in the 2nd or 3rd but this will be a great fight!!! Robbie is the future!!!
jgordon85
10/16/07 12:12:53AM
oohh yeah it is about to be a good fight. i am going for lawler. i want to see lawler vs frank shamrock.
richieb19
10/16/07 1:46:48AM
Fantastic fight, they matchup very well with each other and it promises to be entertaining... BUT I really think it's a bad idea to give Kola a title shot so early in his career. Don't get me wrong, I think he's deserved it but there is a very good chance he wins this, and may not be ready for all comers afterwards... just my 2 cents though.

I've got Lawler winning in the second round, but count on Kola to come out strong and impress early on!
hippysmacker
10/17/07 3:25:13AM
While I think it will be an exciting fight I don't think Kolohe has earned a title shot. I've only found 2 of his fights so I'll take Lawler by 2nd round KO. I think Lawler now uses the first round to get a guys timing down, and will let loose on him in the 2ND.
Mastodon2
10/17/07 7:16:23AM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Plus he has heart, he took a heavyweight, a good one at that, Reese Andy, to a decision even though he lost. I think Lawler might have his hands full and if he leaves himself open like he did in the Diaz fight he will have the same results.

But he looked tremendous and in control against Ninja, so as of now I will take Lawler by 4th rd TKO.

It's been over 3 years since he fought Diaz, so maybe that fight is a little outdated as a measure of Lawler's hand skill. He looked class against Ninja, Since he left the UFC on back to back losses in 2004, Lawler has done nothing but improve.
malekomaddox
10/21/07 10:23:17AM
can't wait to see robbie lawler fight again...include me as one of his fans
ohiostate1016
10/21/07 12:37:09PM
Kala Kolohe. Hmm...interesting. He lost to Reese Andy and has wins over Corey Daniels (0-1), Kekoa Baker (0-2), Ron Verdadero (3-4, no big name wins), and Jeff Cox (0-2). That's a combined win total of guys he's beat of 3-9. Why is this guy facing Robbie Lawler for the title?
rcg916
10/22/07 2:06:06PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Kala Kolohe. Hmm...interesting. He lost to Reese Andy and has wins over Corey Daniels (0-1), Kekoa Baker (0-2), Ron Verdadero (3-4, no big name wins), and Jeff Cox (0-2). That's a combined win total of guys he's beat of 3-9. Why is this guy facing Robbie Lawler for the title?

Not this guy again.

Lay_N_Pray
10/22/07 6:43:38PM

It's been over 3 years since he fought Diaz, so maybe that fight is a little outdated as a measure of Lawler's hand skill. He looked class against Ninja, Since he left the UFC on back to back losses in 2004, Lawler has done nothing but improve.

I agree with you...thats why later in the post I said he looked excellent against Ninja and I think the chances of him leaving himself open are slim. The Diaz example was just there to say he has been overly aggressive in the past, and this is a guy you cannot get to aggressive against without thinking things through.
ac_gi
10/22/07 11:33:12PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by ohiostate1016

Not this guy again.

I agree with ohiostate, this is a mismatch and will be ended early in the first by Lawler. Kolohe has done nothing to earn a championship fight.
Gkizi
10/22/07 11:51:45PM
Lawler can easy KO this guy.I pick him by KO in the first.