Robbie Lawler

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Robbie Lawler
aceprone
4/2/07 6:02:06PM
I didn't see this anywhere, but if it has been brought up just delete this thread, but is anyone claiming Robbie Lawler top 10 now?

A brutual knockout that brought a smile to my face!
randyleprechaun
4/2/07 6:32:47PM
Hes an exciting fighter who people love to watch. But i dont think hes been consistant enough throughout his career to be in my top ten.

I hope he comes back to the UFC. But in my opinion he'll always be a mid-carder in the Big 2!
xthe_scottx
4/2/07 8:41:14PM
On The Beatdown today, he said he has one more fight with PRIDE. He also said he liked fighting in ICON and that is where he will be for now but money will ultimately control where he will fight so he may come back to the UFC.

Also, how can you say he is inconsistant when he only has 4 losses with 3 three being to good fighters. In the past two years he has beat Niko Vitale twice, Joey Villasenor and Frank Trigg. I don't think he is a top ten in any class yet but he could be in the future.
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/3/07 1:10:55AM
so does this mean that Nick Diaz is in the top 10 MW?

MMATH!!!!
themmachamp
4/3/07 10:19:10AM
i enjoyed watching him destroy Pamplona at IFL atlanta
Lay_N_Pray
4/3/07 3:08:37PM
Lawler is fun to watch no doubt. He is either going to knock someone out or get knocked out.

I think he has top 10 potential but he needs better defense and some work on the ground, mainly defense though
loller90278
4/3/07 3:51:08PM
lawler reminds me of baroni..

that KO was vicious though, poor trigg.

the last shot while trigg was on the ground was ace!

hippysmacker
4/3/07 7:45:56PM
It's the first time in a while he didn't gas. He explained in the beatdown interview that he stopped lifting weights and focused on his diet. I'm glad we have a chance to see his true potential now. I still don't thin k he's top 10 yet. I don't like MMaweely's rankings persoanlly. I don't think trigg was top 10 either. Mayhem/Lawler are top 15 to me until they beat somebody I consider top 10. Mayhen beat Lawler, but I understand they are both improving. I'd really like to see the rematch.
madmarck
4/4/07 11:38:17AM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

MMATH!!!!

No B/c he has never fought at MW.
If he did once people would jump him to at least #5 though.

Just like on a poll for bloody knux. I saw that someone voted Kenny Florian as the #1 LW in the world.
SteedTheDeed
4/8/07 6:55:23PM
hes not on mine
disorderlyvision
4/8/07 7:14:08PM
an article i posted in the news forum claims he is number 8
hook_tothe_body
4/10/07 1:48:36PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

MMATH!!!!

After beating Gomi I think Diaz should be in the top ten, for sure. Don't you?
StorminYourman
4/11/07 3:46:02AM
I got LAwler in My top 10.Though somewhere at the bottom.Still not bad for a seasoned vet.
methodman_90
4/15/07 9:04:49AM
I got him at no. 10 basically because Lawler> Trigg> Misaki
nate22
4/18/07 6:29:53AM
I wouldn't complain with Lawler being at 9/10.
hook_tothe_body
4/19/07 4:58:17PM

Posted by hook_tothe_body

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

MMATH!!!!

After beating Gomi I think Diaz should be in the top ten, for sure. Don't you?

Yup. Without a doubt. But the rematch will be good. I don't think Gomi will gas so fast. We'll find out if Gomi can deal with Diaz's reach.