Robbie "Cry Me A River" Lawler

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Robbie "Cry Me A River" Lawler
Scott_Revels
10/10/07 10:30:00PM
How's that for a new nickname? Dorian Price and Blake Bowman both cried in front of him. Can't be a coincidence.

Robbie: "Aww.. come over here, and tell me what's going on.. Do you need a hug? You can cry if you want."
NatedawgThaM
10/10/07 10:38:06PM
Robbie Lawler is a bad ass and my favorite MW. He keeps to himself and looks pissed off 24/7 and that's Bad ass!

He's a beast. UFC shoudl resign him because he would strengthen there UFC MW division and he would bang with every 185 pounder out there...
richieb19
10/10/07 11:04:51PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Robbie Lawler is a bad ass and my favorite MW. He keeps to himself and looks pissed off 24/7 and that's Bad ass!

He's a beast. UFC shoudl resign him because he would strengthen there UFC MW division and he would bang with every 185 pounder out there...

I'm happier than ever now that he's with the new EliteXC, no one seems to really pay much attention to it because they're too concerned with the UFC, but he's on a hell of a tear and just unified a title, and may possibly unify that same title once again against F. Shamrock.
Scott_Revels
10/10/07 11:06:44PM
No one says you can't be a bad ass in the cage, and a softy outside. You would be surprised at how often you'll find a very huge, or powerful guy, be quite gentle inside. Could be the case..

As for resigning him. I think he's happy where he is. Now if he loses the MW title at some point, then I can see trying to sign him back, but right now I think he's happy.
NatedawgThaM
10/10/07 11:10:12PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I'm happier than ever now that he's with the new EliteXC, no one seems to really pay much attention to it because they're too concerned with the UFC, but he's on a hell of a tear and just unified a title, and may possibly unify that same title once again against F. Shamrock.

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!! I just said I wanted him in the UFC because there MW division is weak and Lawler has been on a monsterous tear and could possibly have a war and upset Silva just because he has heavy hands that would KO anybody..

But Yeah I can't wait for Lawler-Shamrock!!! To me Thats my FIGHT OF THE YEAR!!!
george112
10/10/07 11:12:29PM

Posted by richieb19
no one seems to really pay much attention to it because they're too concerned with the UFC,

whoa i was trying to get that point across in another thread...but yea he is on a tear..another UFC mistake imo
NatedawgThaM
10/10/07 11:17:12PM

Posted by george112

Posted by richieb19
no one seems to really pay much attention to it because they're too concerned with the UFC,

whoa i was trying to get that point across in another thread...but yea he is on a tear..another UFC mistake imo

AGREED!!!! Then Dana has the nere on one the the TUF episodes to call him a 2nd tier fighter... Proof ones again Dana White is becoming more like WWE chairman Vince McMahon and losing his damn mind!
jdubs
10/10/07 11:25:31PM
so... the girls must tear that shit up
loonytnt
10/11/07 12:01:17AM
lawler is mean when he fights, i love watchin him stand up,(Nick Diaz KO him i no but diaz is a badass) i hope to see him in back in the UFC
mrliquid
10/11/07 1:10:41PM
Lawler is a great fighter and he actually looked bigger and more cut when I saw him lastnight on TUF than he was in the ufc I think he has progressed and learned more than the just stand and swing hoping you hit someone method in the last few yrs but I dont think he could handle Frank on the ground at all.
BigEvil
10/12/07 1:41:43PM

Posted by mrliquid

Lawler is a great fighter and he actually looked bigger and more cut when I saw him lastnight on TUF than he was in the ufc I think he has progressed and learned more than the just stand and swing hoping you hit someone method in the last few yrs but I dont think he could handle Frank on the ground at all.

He looked bigger becuase he isn't at his fighting weight, but I agree with all of you pro Lawler fans. I psyched to see him more in the public eye thanks to his elite xc title.
pv3Hpv3p
10/12/07 3:30:04PM

Posted by BigEvil

Posted by mrliquid

He looked bigger becuase he isn't at his fighting weight, but I agree with all of you pro Lawler fans. I psyched to see him more in the public eye thanks to his elite xc title.

Whadayall think about him fighting Hose (I can't remember his first name)... I was kinda hoping to see Lawler vs Cung Le or Shamrock... Hell, even Baroni (although now that I think about it he's probably suspended for a while)
NatedawgThaM
10/12/07 3:39:53PM
I just rewatched Lawler-Rua, Lawler's a beast! Rua thought the ground would be were he could win easy but as soon as he tried to lock bodies with Robbie, Lawler Slammed him on his back! Robbie is a beast! He's more patient and more technical which is why he is making less mistakes. He saw Rua gettign tired so he just waited until he gased.

Yamasaki should have stopped the fight sooner but Ninja got KTFO!!!!

WAR ROBBIE LAWLER!!!