Rizzo or Barnett?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Rizzo or Barnett?
joshryanshepherd
7/12/08 5:38:19AM
shew it kills me everytime i look at this fight. i love pedro and i would love to see him get his career back on track with another impresive KO of Josh but i really think that if barnett beats him he will fight Fedor and ive always wanted to see Josh and Fedor fight.

The Rizzo fight seems to be in Josh's favor but i still dont know who im goin with!
Khaos
7/12/08 5:53:56AM
I'm a huge Barnett fan, and I think he'll be able to avenge his loss.

He's undefeated since his comeback(we'll since his 2 year layoff) and I think the sky is the limit for him.

I'm taking Barnett to win submission by in the third.
RandyCouture
7/12/08 8:38:51AM
Late 2nd or 3 round sub or UD for Barnett. I just think Barnett will outclass Rizzo i dont c this fight being close unless Rizzo lands a big shot which is very possible
Purge
7/12/08 10:04:21AM
Barnett will ankle-lock Rizzo, if you can secure Rizzo's legs he's helpless, Couture did it in their 2nd match and so did matyushenko and Randleman.

When you take into consideration that he's weakened with age, it becomes even more obvious.
MMAcca
7/12/08 10:31:18AM
Barnett 9 times out of 10 for me
misses1112
7/12/08 1:06:26PM
Barney.

No doubt about it.
copcopps
7/12/08 8:40:40PM

Posted by Khaos

I'm a huge Barnett fan, and I think he'll be able to avenge his loss.

He's undefeated since his comeback(we'll since his 2 year layoff) and I think the sky is the limit for him.

I'm taking Barnett to win submission by in the third.

Me to, I love Barnett. He's gotten wayyy better while Rizzo hasn't. However I think Barnett takes a decision since Rizzo's never been subbed.

Another reason why Barnett will win is because he has Ryo-Ohki
Purge
7/12/08 8:58:38PM
[quote]Me to, I love Barnett. He's gotten wayyy better while Rizzo hasn't. However I think Barnett takes a decision since Rizzo's never been subbed.

Neither was Hidehiko Yoshida
jimmypockets
7/12/08 9:32:44PM
The only way I can see Rizzo being able to keep up with Barnett will be if he is on HGH and crystal meth. Don't get me wrong though, I think Rizzo is/was a good fighter.
Purge
7/13/08 9:03:37AM

Posted by jimmypockets

The only way I can see Rizzo being able to keep up with Barnett will be if he is on HGH and crystal meth. Don't get me wrong though, I think Rizzo is/was a good fighter.

If you thik he still is, you wouldn't have the / there hombre

Rizzo's last chance from stardom came against Couture in ther 2nd match and he blew it, by using the same tactics. The same tactics he has been using all these years.

But Barnett is completely different from years back, back then he had good submissions, now he is putting Nogueira and Yoshida in leg-locks and out-grappling Monson (who is used to grappling 265 guys in grappling tournaments).
gcraig22
7/13/08 4:48:19PM
Barnett by 2nd rd. Submission. I have Barnett ranked #2 in the world in the Heavyweight class.
JimmieDD
7/13/08 9:26:18PM
Barnett for sure..

not even a question..
Franklinfan47
7/14/08 6:58:18PM
zacatack
7/14/08 11:10:25PM
defenently barnett
jiujitsufreak74
7/14/08 11:21:30PM
i am a huge Rizzo fan...but even i can't pick him as i believe Barnett will just control this one on the ground. however, i will go ballistic if Rizzo scores another KO...no doubt about it.
poll77
7/17/08 11:11:55PM
barnett wins submission rd 2
fubar19
7/18/08 6:03:00PM
probably barnett, but i would love to see rizzo knock him out again.