Rizzo vs Aleksander in June?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Rizzo vs Aleksander in June?
ffforgottenx
3/26/07 8:34:22AM
this would be an interesting matchup.. hope it develops

credit: tatame.com

sábado, 24 de março de 2007

Rizzo may faces Fedor’s brother

Photo by Marcelo Alonso

The striker Pedro Rizzo, who is still recouping his right hand injury after the fight against Justin Eillers will probably return to the event in June. According to Rizzo, the fight would be against Fedor’s brother, Aleksander Emilianenko, where he would do his first belt defense of the Art of War event. “I will stay three weeks with no training because of my hand injury. I will probably fight again in June or July against Fedor’s brother, Aleksander. That will be a great fight for me”, told Rizzo, who also said good things about the new event. “I think that was the most beautiful place I have ever fought. The event treated me pretty well and I am satisfied to be fighting there”, said Rizzo.
pv3Hpv3p
3/26/07 11:32:04AM
thanks for the heads up, I'm always interested in hearing about pedro's next time in the ring... Should be a war... I hope it really happens...

i don't know if it's a good matchup for Pedro though... I kind of see it ending like his fight against Sergei...

On the otherhand, it could be really bad for Aleks's career if he got another loss right now... Seems like the fight has some big implications for both men...
ffforgottenx
3/26/07 11:38:40AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

thanks for the heads up, I'm always interested in hearing about pedro's next time in the ring... Should be a war... I hope it really happens...

i don't know if it's a good matchup for Pedro though... I kind of see it ending like his fight against Sergei...

On the otherhand, it could be really bad for Aleks's career if he got another loss right now... Seems like the fight has some big implications for both men...

thats what i was thinking.. my initial thought was aleks would tear through pedro, but the more i think about it, it really could go either way.. it would boost rizzo back up in the heavyweight ranks (maybe not top 10 status, but better than he has been) if he won, and it would destroy aleks reputation if he lost.. on the other hand, if aleks wins, its probably viewed as not such a big deal.. either way, as long as it develops, i think it could be a hell of a fight.. definately ending in a KO

plus, this would be the first time aleks fights in the US.. which could lead to more fights in the US for him
pv3Hpv3p
3/26/07 11:50:50AM

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

thats what i was thinking.. my initial thought was aleks would tear through pedro, but the more i think about it, it really could go either way.. it would boost rizzo back up in the heavyweight ranks (maybe not top 10 status, but better than he has been) if he won, and it would destroy aleks reputation if he lost.. on the other hand, if aleks wins, its probably viewed as not such a big deal.. either way, as long as it develops, i think it could be a hell of a fight.. definately ending in a KO

plus, this would be the first time aleks fights in the US.. which could lead to more fights in the US for him

Pedro's always had a decent chin, and has fared well against even relatively agressive strikers... I'll pull for him (although i enjoy watching Aleks as well)...

PS: You wouldn't happen to have a link to the Rizzo / Eilers fight, would you?
ffforgottenx
3/26/07 11:58:10AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Pedro's always had a decent chin, and has fared well against even relatively agressive strikers... I'll pull for him (although i enjoy watching Aleks as well)...

PS: You wouldn't happen to have a link to the Rizzo / Eilers fight, would you?

agreed, he has a decent chin, and i think it will go into a slugfest (at least early on) with it going to ground only if one of them doesnt get knocked out in the first round or one decides theyve had enough of the others standup.. ill be pulling for him too, rizzo is a class act

and nope, sorry man.. i checked all the usual sources, and i cant find anything except pre-fight interviews with both of them.. i dont think they have released anything yet.. im sure they will soon though, somewhere
madmarck
3/26/07 3:03:20PM
a Chin is good. But he had a hard time against Eilers. Not taking anything away from Justin, by Aleks is a much bigger and stronger fighter than he is.
I dont think Pedro is up to these kind of challenges anymore. I think his days are gonna be drawn out fighting b level fighters.

Then again he can KO someone at anytime. I hope he does good but i dont think he will against a guy like Aleks.
loller90278
3/26/07 5:55:32PM
easy fight for aleks imo, seeing it goin the same way as rizzo vs kharitonov.

hathcock32
3/28/07 5:05:20AM

Posted by madmarck

a Chin is good. But he had a hard time against Eilers. Not taking anything away from Justin, by Aleks is a much bigger and stronger fighter than he is.
I dont think Pedro is up to these kind of challenges anymore. I think his days are gonna be drawn out fighting b level fighters.

Then again he can KO someone at anytime. I hope he does good but i dont think he will against a guy like Aleks.

Mark where did u find and watch the fight, ive been looking for it. He had a hard time agianst him, give me details ?
madmarck
3/28/07 12:33:55PM

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by madmarck

Mark where did u find and watch the fight, ive been looking for it. He had a hard time agianst him, give me details ?

I read the play by play on sherdog. It pretty much told all. And it is gonna be showed on TV sometime. Ask Zephead. He knows the network.
cowcatcher
3/28/07 1:36:39PM
it was shown this past weekend on hdnet so if you dont have hd channels youre kinda out of luck, i dvred the fights and it was pretty competetive, both guys showed good chins. one of the earlier fights had a weird ending, the ref tried to step in and stop it but the guys kept fighting for a few seconds. also ive been a fan of rizzos for a long time, but hes not the same fighter anymore and i think aleks has an easy time with him in this one