Rivers or Eli Manning?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Rivers or Eli Manning?
POLL: Who will have the best career as QB?
Philip Rivers 16% (4)
Eli Manning 48% (12)
I hate Don King 24% (6)
They both will be great 0% (0)
Neither will mean anything in a few years 8% (2)
I have dreams of Peyton Manning breaking his leg... 4% (1)
Pitbull09
1/16/08 12:15:16AM
With the playoffs going on, there is a lot of talk about which young quarter back is doing the best so I thought I would ask the question, who is going to have the best career? I think Rivers has done great in the playoffs dispite his picks and he seems like he will only improve with Norv Turner as head coach.
SpiderSilva
1/16/08 1:18:31AM
I would like to see Rivers without everyone focused on the best back in the NFL then lets see what he does
Eli has nothing but second string backs in his backfield
NatedawgThaM
1/16/08 3:49:22AM
I think River succeeds since he has the 2nd most weapons of any QB in the NFL. You have the best RB in the league to relief pressure and the best TE in the game to make you look good. You have too good above average receivers.

Manning has some weapons but I don't think they look as good if you compare them to Rivers weapons. Gates is an all around monster at the TE position. Shockey can catch but he can't block.

I think Rivers will have the better career since he has the better weapons. But no doubt in my mind Manning is the best QB. We he is focused and confident like he is now. He can hang with the best in the league. I think if you put Manning on the Chargers right now. They'd have a way better chance to beat the Patriots.

But I just don't see it with Rivers. There team is so banged up and there offense runs on explosiveness and scoring. There defense isn't going to be able to stop the Patriots so even if they can slow them down. If you can score on them, your screwed.
Twenty20Dollars
1/16/08 3:54:11PM
Both quarter backs have their ups and downs but Eli is way better, like he is just on fire after the NE game, like he almost cant be stopped except for my packers are going to shut him down.

Phillip rivers just runs his mouth and he's not the best guy.
cowcatcher
1/16/08 4:00:09PM
eli looks like the far more steady QB, he just comes under fire constantly because hes in the big apple and it comes with the territory. the way rivers runs his mouth to the fans and media makes me think hes going to end up like another former bolts QB, ryan leaf. they are very similar from an outside point of view.
DCRage
1/16/08 5:54:21PM
If Eli doesn't win a Super Bowl then he's going to be considered a bust as long as he's in NY just because everyone has higher expectations there. As long as Rivers has LT he won't have as much pressure on him.

(Off topic but I can't help but laugh every time I see a Don King reference in these polls)
loonytnt
1/16/08 6:40:13PM
rivers is better imo eli had a few good games this year is all, im not going to jump on that wagon
Pitbull09
1/17/08 3:28:41AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Both quarter backs have their ups and downs but Eli is way better, like he is just on fire after the NE game, like he almost cant be stopped except for my packers are going to shut him down.

Phillip rivers just runs his mouth and he's not the best guy.

I dont understand why people are so focused on Rivers attitude. He has a competitive nature and speaks his mind. When he yelled stuff off at the colt fans, I think its retarded to say that is in any way a problem. Rivers can make big plays. I think it was 3rd and 10 against the colts and he converted it with the colts d fully aware it was a pass. He also is great under pressure (though the off-line holds most of the pressure.) He may not be a mobile QB but he can move out of the pocket enough to avoid tackles and get more time which is what all the best in the league do. Eli however seems to do terrible when he is pressured and his past games havnt proven much to me other than hes getting better at not forcing the ball. Blitz him and he will fall apart in accuracy as he doesnt escape tackles
Pitbull09
1/17/08 3:32:06AM

Posted by DCRage

If Eli doesn't win a Super Bowl then he's going to be considered a bust as long as he's in NY just because everyone has higher expectations there. As long as Rivers has LT he won't have as much pressure on him.

(Off topic but I can't help but laugh every time I see a Don King reference in these polls)

lol thanks, i make sure I give the option in every poll.

NY deserves to have high expectations for manning. He was the #1 draft pick but I can understand how unfair it must be for him to have to guarentee a superbowl to prove his worth. If you ask me, I think the giants cant complain with what they got as hes a stable franchise QB to build off of and has a long career ahead of him
Smd277
1/17/08 2:16:52PM
rivers has more talent around hi mso once he matures and is experienced then i think he will have a better overall career but eli will have ab etter individual but you can throw 21515815 touchdowns it means nothing with no championships