Rising star on a ‘Rampage’ (a must-read story)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rising star on a ‘Rampage’ (a must-read story)
zephead
2/12/07 4:41:31PM
Billy_Soup
2/13/07 12:15:22AM
link no worky
mjheadkicker
2/13/07 6:28:12AM
man.... Rampage and Matt Hughes should hold prayer meetings together. Nothing against Christianity, but god doesn't give a shit about MMA, it wasn't god's will that made Matt hughes lose to St Pierre, and it won't be god's will when Chuck KO's Rampage. oh well..........
mmadb
2/13/07 8:32:33AM

Posted by mjheadkicker

man.... Rampage and Matt Hughes should hold prayer meetings together. Nothing against Christianity, but god doesn't give a shit about MMA, it wasn't god's will that made Matt hughes lose to St Pierre, and it won't be god's will when Chuck KO's Rampage. oh well..........

AMEN MY BROTHER!
Stickan
2/13/07 8:55:32AM
I'm as far from religious as you can possibly be but I think it serves as great motivation for a lot of fighters and a lot of people in general. Motivation to train, motivation to win, motivation to live. If that's what people want to believe in, fine with me as long as they don't expect me to follow.

I usually can't hang around deeply religious people though and I hate scientologists. But that's mostly because their "religion" is run like a brainwashed ******* mafia.
mmadb
2/13/07 9:10:57AM
“When God touched me, it was like it opened up a whole new horizon for me. It was beautiful. I cried and laughed at the same time. I’d never experienced anything like it. When God touches you, you instantly know it. He talks to you. He teaches you how to pray. There’s a warm feeling in your heart and you feel what Jesus feels like inside you.”

That right there makes me want to vomit.

“It’s kind of weird to be honest. I don’t hate my opponents. I don’t try and kill them. I just try and knock them out. In the Bible, there’s lots of wars and battles. Being a Christian is an everyday fight. I wish God could have waited until I was older to choose me but He knows. He got me right before I was going to end up killing myself, so He knows.”

Isn't that the polar opposite of how he used to be?

Now I'll agree that God as a motivator can be a good thing for some fighters but for Rampage it is not. He gives me the impression that God will take care of him and no matter what happens it's God's will. That sounds like someone saying I don't really care if I win or lose as long as God loves me.

Well F that noise. This guy's lack of killer instinct is going to be his downfall and why I think he has little to no chance against Chuck.
cgentili
2/13/07 12:21:32PM
As a christian all this garbage I hear from fighters about "Gods will that I win" makes me think that the people who say this are nothing but brainwashed sheep, and with this attitude make poor representitivs for any faith. Use whatever you want as a motivator but fights are won by training, heart, killer instinct, and ability, no matter what your faith.
Rampage had all of those things but lost his killer instinct, and if he cant get this back he'll be handed his *** long before he ever has a chance against a quality fighter like Lidel.
mmadb
2/13/07 12:43:29PM

Posted by cgentili

As a christian all this garbage I hear from fighters about "Gods will that I win" makes me think that the people who say this are nothing but brainwashed sheep, and with this attitude make poor representitivs for any faith. Use whatever you want as a motivator but fights are won by training, heart, killer instinct, and ability, no matter what your faith.
Rampage had all of those things but lost his killer instinct, and if he cant get this back he'll be handed his *** long before he ever has a chance against a quality fighter like Lidel.

I actually agree with a Christian...rare stuff.