RIP Neil Armstrong

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » RIP Neil Armstrong
jjeans
8/25/12 3:13:06PM
Greatest explorer to live in my lifetime.

"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."

"I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine."
george112
8/25/12 3:22:19PM
RIP

He will definitely be missed
Adrenaline
8/25/12 3:30:01PM
Armstrong was an inspiration. If you ever think something is hard or impossible in your life, look up at the sky tonite and let it sink in that this guy and his crew strapped themselves into a rocket that had the computing power of a cell phone(not a smartphone) and did something that had only been dreamed about in the history of mankind.

One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.
airkerma
8/25/12 3:46:55PM
Brother Neil Armstrong, rest in peace.
infestructure
8/25/12 4:18:09PM
Rest in peace, brave space pioneer.

Love the comment about the cellphone Adrenaline props
cowcatcher
8/25/12 4:29:29PM
Talk about a brave man. The guy left an amazing legacy, what more can anyone ask for when they're gone. RIP
MMAcca
8/25/12 4:52:40PM
RIP. Sad sad news...
jae_1833
8/25/12 5:50:42PM
RIP Sir.......it was an inspirational run...good job!
prozacnation1978
8/25/12 6:15:08PM
I had no clue he passed away
BossHog
8/25/12 7:11:15PM

Posted by Adrenaline

Armstrong was an inspiration. If you ever think something is hard or impossible in your life, look up at the sky tonite and let it sink in that this guy and his crew strapped themselves into a rocket that had the computing power of a cell phone(not a smartphone) and did something that had only been dreamed about in the history of mankind.

I believe the quote is "One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."
Aether
8/25/12 7:40:08PM

Posted by BossHog

Posted by Adrenaline

It's not. It was supposed to be, but he either didn't say it or it wasn't transmitted properly. If you listen to the recording you can't hear him say "a".

Anyway, sad news. It's pretty crazy to think that this guy actually walked around on the surface of the moon. If you look at an image made to the proper scale it's pretty incredible how small and far away the moon actually is, despite the fact that it looks very large in the sky.
FastKnockout
8/25/12 8:07:30PM
Heard about this earlier. Sad to see a man with so many exciting experiences pass away. He's done what I can only dream of doing.
emfleek
8/25/12 10:52:59PM
One of my childhood heroes.

RIP
Poor_Franklin
8/25/12 10:55:58PM
Legend.
BossHog
8/26/12 1:52:23PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by BossHog

Posted by Adrenaline

It's not. It was supposed to be, but he either didn't say it or it wasn't transmitted properly. If you listen to the recording you can't hear him say "a".

Anyway, sad news. It's pretty crazy to think that this guy actually walked around on the surface of the moon. If you look at an image made to the proper scale it's pretty incredible how small and far away the moon actually is, despite the fact that it looks very large in the sky.

Interestingly enough it was a few months ago where hi-tech sound software (from Canada I believe) was able to prove that the "a" was in fact spoken but not fully transmitted. The software does show that Armstrong did in fact say "step for a man" something he had always sworn to despite the recording that seemed to be contrary.

Glad Neil was alive to be vindicated for his one minor error.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/25/3779168/famous-lost-word-in-armstrongs.html
Poor_Franklin
8/26/12 3:04:40PM

Posted by BossHog

Posted by Aether

Posted by BossHog

Posted by Adrenaline

Interestingly enough it was a few months ago where hi-tech sound software (from Canada I believe) was able to prove that the "a" was in fact spoken but not fully transmitted. The software does show that Armstrong did in fact say "step for a man" something he had always sworn to despite the recording that seemed to be contrary.

Glad Neil was alive to be vindicated for his one minor error.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/25/3779168/famous-lost-word-in-armstrongs.html

WOW! Very Awesome!