UFC:RIO weigh ins today!!! predictions?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC:RIO weigh ins today!!! predictions?
shaneTpain
8/26/11 1:09:32PM
Anyone else get really psyched up after watching the weigh ins?! Personally I never miss them! It always reminds me of high school, when two testosterone fueled dudes with beef would run into each other in the hallway, one guy pushes the other guy, they get up in each others faces, talking some smack & then right before a teacher breaks it up the two dudes announce "after school!! throw down!!!" & then all day you cant wait for science class to end so you can go see these two pimpley baboons throw haymakers behind the library! WOOO i cant wait!!!

Anyone have any weigh in predictions? I have a couple in mind..

I predict Yushin wont look Spider in the eye during the face-off!

I predict Paulo is going to have that trademark scowl permanently on his face during the whole thing!

& I predict one of the fighters will be slightly overweight but will eventually make it after an extra hour or two!
emfleek
8/26/11 1:12:15PM
I predict that Joe Rogan will be absent.

ghandikush
8/26/11 1:35:11PM

Posted by emfleek

And high.
Twenty20Dollars
8/26/11 1:55:49PM

Posted by emfleek

And I predict it will be boring w/o him again.

I remember he was gone one time and I watched it live, pretty boring.
grappler0000
8/26/11 2:00:51PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by emfleek

And I predict it will be boring w/o him again.

I remember he was gone one time and I watched it live, pretty boring.

Anyone know who will be announcing the weigh-ins? Will it be Goldie or Florian? I assume Goldie, but not sure.
emfleek
8/26/11 2:02:14PM
Wait, guys...it was only a prediction!

grappler0000
8/26/11 2:11:28PM
I predict Anderson steps on the scale while eating a Mega BK Stacker.
emfleek
8/26/11 2:14:18PM
I predict that it will be revealed that Steven Segal actually taught Anderson how to properly eat a Mega BK Stacker without gaining an ounce of weight.
KNIGHT
8/26/11 2:29:20PM
I predict chael sonnen won't be there although i wish he was.
Chael_Sonnen
8/26/11 2:59:30PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by emfleek

And high.

Goldie will be high as well
grappler0000
8/26/11 3:05:41PM
Who ever predicted the ring card girls' shorts would be painted on...I think you deserve at least half the prize.
Twenty20Dollars
8/26/11 3:16:11PM
Last time it was Burt Watson that did it. I'm just following the updates on twitter.
grappler0000
8/26/11 3:17:30PM

Last time it was Burt Watson that did it. I'm just following the updates on twitter.

It's Goldie.
Twenty20Dollars
8/26/11 3:23:25PM
MMAjunkie MMAjunkie.com MMA
In case you're wondering, Brazilian fans are chanting "Vai Morrer" (you'll die) when non-Brazilians are introduced

That's lovely
Chael_Sonnen
8/26/11 3:26:14PM

MMAjunkie MMAjunkie.com MMA
In case you're wondering, Brazilian fans are chanting "Vai Morrer" (you'll die) when non-Brazilians are introduced

That's lovely

Huh, and everytime I hear that Brazil is a backwards country I roll my eyes
FastKnockout
8/26/11 3:51:49PM
War Brazil.
prozacnation1978
8/26/11 4:05:14PM
I always miss them gotta work!!!
pmoney
8/26/11 4:33:18PM
Dude, Brazil is lovely, but it is ghetto as **** as well. No secret there. When Big Nog said the Brazilians would kill Sonnen in the streets, I said "No ****". Some countries you don't want to fight in. Some countries you don't want to win in either. I knew someone who had a Muay Thai fight in the Phillipines, and he beat the guy he fought pretty bad. He was jumped with lead pipes after his fight and laid up in the hospital for about 6 months.

I mean, with as crazy as some countries get over soccer, this is no surprise to me....
KungFuMaster
8/26/11 5:32:41PM

Posted by pmoney

Dude, Brazil is lovely, but it is ghetto as **** as well. No secret there. When Big Nog said the Brazilians would kill Sonnen in the streets, I said "No ****". Some countries you don't want to fight in. Some countries you don't want to win in either. I knew someone who had a Muay Thai fight in the Phillipines, and he beat the guy he fought pretty bad. He was jumped with lead pipes after his fight and laid up in the hospital for about 6 months.

I mean, with as crazy as some countries get over soccer, this is no surprise to me....

In some countries, you are better off losing. Unless it is hosted by a large promotion like the ufc or Pride, these are places I would not fight in if I was a fighter.

Mexico
Phillipines
Brazil
Thailand
and any of the third world countries.

I posted about a fight which was not sanctioned in which the judges' decision was over-ruled by the promoter. The victim of this crime was Hermes Franca.
KungFuMaster
8/26/11 5:35:11PM
Oh my predictions:

I predict many sour notes will be played in the many Bossa Nova songs following the event.
FastKnockout
8/26/11 6:01:54PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Silva won't have as much trouble with Okami's strength as the UFC and Okami's camp thinks?

Chael_Sonnen
8/26/11 6:26:08PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Am I the only one who thinks that Silva won't have as much trouble with Okami's strength as the UFC and Okami's camp thinks?

To answer your question....YES, Andy will have big trouble in the strength department against Thunder.
Twenty20Dollars
8/26/11 6:28:11PM
I don't think Okami will even get a hold of Anderson.
tn_rebel
8/26/11 10:26:29PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by FastKnockout

To answer your question....YES, Andy will have big trouble in the strength department against Thunder.

Silva will rearrange his face with a knee before strength comes into play.
JoeWarren33
8/27/11 2:58:20PM
I also am shocked to hear how many ppl are giving Okami a chance.
I expect Anderson Silva to win by D.O.M.I.N.A.T.I.O.N!!
Pookie
8/28/11 5:46:34AM

Shogun, Anderson, Nogueira

Im not sure who impressed me the most. All i know is i'm happy.