UFC: Rio Teaser Video Featuring Royce Gracie and the Top Brazilian Fighters

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC: Rio Teaser Video Featuring Royce Gracie and the Top Brazilian Fighters
FastKnockout
4/6/11 5:45:58PM
The UFC just released their first promotional video for UFC: Rio, happening on August 27, in Rio de Janeiro's HSBC Arena. This will be the second time the company heads to Brazil, with their maiden voyage happening back in 1998. The short teaser had this brief message, originally in Portugese:

The UFC is coming to Brazil, where the fighters are produced, and the champions are forged.

The video featured Brazil's top UFC fighters such as Vitor Belfort, Jose Aldo, Wanderlei Silva, Mauricio Rua, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Thiago Alves, Junior dos Santos, Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida, and of course, UFC Hall-of-Famer, Royce Gracie. While it's almost impossible for all of them to be on the card, they have all expressed interest in fighting on their home country. This of course includes the original "Ultimate Fighter" in Royce Gracie, who at 44-years-old, is still trying to negotiate with Dana White to get him on the card.

LINK
machodog76
4/6/11 6:06:06PM
I'd love to see Royce but I looked at their roster and I don't see how he could compete with any of them. I know it won't happen but, Sakuraba please?
TS92turbo
4/6/11 7:55:43PM
Shogun vs Machida 3 for RIO!
Budgellism
4/6/11 7:56:52PM

Posted by machodog76

I'd love to see Royce but I looked at their roster and I don't see how he could compete with any of them. I know it won't happen but, Sakuraba please?

Hell yes sakaraba. I've been asking for that since I heard Royce was going to compete.
jay98107
4/6/11 9:21:52PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by machodog76

Hell yes sakaraba. I've been asking for that since I heard Royce was going to compete.

The 2nd fight was far too boring for this to happen. We all know Dana doesn't want boring fights.
jgtribbett
4/7/11 1:44:27PM

Posted by machodog76

YES haha
mrsmiley
4/7/11 2:36:54PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by machodog76

The 2nd fight was far too boring for this to happen. We all know Dana doesn't want boring fights.

If it had been a fight between 2 amatures or anyone else I would tend to agree somewhat but just the fact their was so much history between the rematch, I found it very exciting.
ncordless
4/8/11 12:14:40AM
Royce vs Jon Jones.