UFC Rio is the last event of the season......

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » UFC Rio is the last event of the season......
pmoney
8/25/11 5:44:12AM
After UFC Rio, the current primary league season ends. Looking at the My Fantasy Picks section, I can deduce that there are ten cards currently scheduled from September to December. That's enough for an entire season before the new year!

They all look like great events, in my estimation. There are a handful of free cards in the mix as well. Anyone else excited?
jjeans
8/25/11 6:21:29AM

Posted by pmoney

After UFC Rio, the current primary league season ends. Looking at the My Fantasy Picks section, I can deduce that there are ten cards currently scheduled from September to December. That's enough for an entire season before the new year!

They all look like great events, in my estimation. There are a handful of free cards in the mix as well. Anyone else excited?

I joined in 09 and I remember a time when it said My Fantasy Picks (5) admitedly that was only once but I hate to imagine it having less! Imagine the days in 07

I'm glad the events are stacking up and I'm loving how MMA just keeps getting bigger!

Twenty20Dollars
8/25/11 11:36:46AM
I'm ready for a new season, I've had a crappy second half of this season after starting out pretty good.
prophecy033
8/25/11 12:38:22PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by pmoney

I joined in 09 and I remember a time when it said My Fantasy Picks (5) admitedly that was only once but I hate to imagine it having less! Imagine the days in 07

I'm glad the events are stacking up and I'm loving how MMA just keeps getting bigger!

This is definetly a great time to be a fan
shaneTpain
8/25/11 12:59:04PM
Are you sure Rio will be the last event?

If so Im going all-in ! haha
FastKnockout
8/25/11 2:20:45PM
I'll miss this season. Amazing fights with a decent Playground record!
KungFuMaster
8/25/11 3:20:03PM
UFC Rio will mark the end of a horrible season and the beginning of a new era for me as I will attempt to become one of the top scorers. When I began playing, I did not realize how much was at stake. Members would simply not discuss fights unless it is in their own fight camps.

I now realize the level of competition between fight camps and it makes me sad to know many important fights will not be discussed thoroughly in the open forums.

I will continue to discuss major fights in the open forums because as an mma fan, it is all about the discussions for me. If I cannot analyze and speculate on major fights, there is really no point in me being a fan. In that regard, I encourage members to post more in the open forums. I understand you want to win, but there are so many variables which can affect your scores and surely by discussing major fights, you will have only revealed a small part of your plan to win first place.

Anyway, I am looking forward to my first accolade. I was probably the weakest link for ECP but hopefully I can redeem myself in the following seasons to come. At anytime if I feel I am hurting ECP, I will resign and start my own camp.
jjeans
8/25/11 3:25:21PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

At anytime if I feel I am hurting ECP, I will resign and start my own camp.

We don't ever want you to leave the ECP. You're confidence in Silva losing i'll admit hasnt made me change my pick, however before reading your confidence I took Silva off my wagers, he was one of my parlays picks but I removed him.
KungFuMaster
8/25/11 4:08:45PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by KungFuMaster

At anytime if I feel I am hurting ECP, I will resign and start my own camp.

We don't ever want you to leave the ECP. You're confidence in Silva losing i'll admit hasnt made me change my pick, however before reading your confidence I took Silva off my wagers, he was one of my parlays picks but I removed him.

I am glad I have influenced you in some ways.

I am very confident in Okami and his style. He is not a traditional Japanese fighter. He actually does his homework and studies his opponents for coming up with game plans for victory.

Let me open a thought for you which you may not have thought about when picking Silva. In this fight, I imagine Anderson will only win if he knocks out Okami. Assuming the fight makes it to the 4th round, I will have expected Okami to take one of the first three rounds in which he will have dominated by wrestling and ground and pound. Okami does not need a knock out to win this fight. He can easily grind out a decision. The longer this fight lasts, the more it favors Okami.

This is what Okami needs to do to win. He needs to win 1 of the first 3 rounds. He needs to avoid being knocked out which I think he can by the way he fights. He needs to win the critical 4th round and if he does, the title is his for the taking. When Anderson is under pressure, he is very easy to read just like any other fighter and if it comes down to round 5, I think Okami will prevail with his wrestling.
Budgellism
8/25/11 7:10:18PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I'm ready for a new season, I've had a crappy second half of this season after starting out pretty good.

Same here. That last event was awful for me. One of my worst since joining.
Shawn91111
8/25/11 7:18:48PM
UFc 137 is just flat out a stacked card....on paper
sbulldavid
8/25/11 9:22:36PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I'll miss this season. Amazing fights with a decent Playground record!

pmoney
8/26/11 6:05:14AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

UFC Rio will mark the end of a horrible season and the beginning of a new era for me as I will attempt to become one of the top scorers.

Hey, it can't be a horrible season if it is your first season on the playground!
KungFuMaster
8/26/11 5:48:52PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by KungFuMaster

UFC Rio will mark the end of a horrible season and the beginning of a new era for me as I will attempt to become one of the top scorers.

Hey, it can't be a horrible season if it is your first season on the playground!

It's been fun of course..and I seriously doubt I will even come close to being a top scorer in the next season.