UFC: Rio..

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC: Rio..
FastKnockout
8/29/11 2:14:05PM
What was your highlight moment of the whole event? Anderson's one sided beatdown of Okami, Big Nog's comeback, Rousimar's premature celebration, etc.

For me, it was Luiz Cane's retreat against Nedkov. What was he thinking in the moment Nedkov landed that nasty overhand? What made him run for the cage and actually leap into it? I couldn't help but laugh when this happened. It was just one of those "wtf" moments.

Go to 4:50 of the video to see Cane's desperate retreat.

Youtube
Poor_Franklin
8/29/11 2:19:38PM
Forrest's head bouncing in the octagon when Shogun got his redemption.

Hendo67
8/29/11 2:24:36PM
The first round of the Palhares/Miller fight was amazing, front kick, head kicks, premature celebrations, Palhares gets rocked right after... amazing first round.
Chael_Sonnen
8/29/11 2:43:10PM
Palhares in general......I love this crazy nut.......entertaining ppv to say the least
hashyandy4
8/29/11 2:59:44PM

Posted by Hendo67

The first round of the Palhares/Miller fight was amazing, front kick, head kicks, premature celebrations, Palhares gets rocked right after... amazing first round.

Same here that 1st round was NUTS!! Anderson beatin down okami was nice 2.
40ouncetpkid
8/29/11 3:13:54PM
Schaub's head bouncing off the canvas. I was so scared when Nog got rocked but him rocking him back and dropping him almost made me cum
Twenty20Dollars
8/29/11 3:16:26PM
Palhares almost finishing the fight with the head kick and then stopping and coming back and almost getting KO'ed himself. That would have been crazy.
tn_rebel
8/29/11 4:16:15PM

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Schaub's head bouncing off the canvas. I was so scared when Nog got rocked but him rocking him back and dropping him almost made me cum

Although i didn't share quite the same enthusiasm, this was definately the highlight.
ThaAxeMurderer7
8/29/11 4:37:15PM

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Haha. It was without a doubt one of my favorite moments. The guy is most definately someone I look up to. I really enjoyed all the fights. It would have been awesome to be there in attendance.
FastKnockout
8/29/11 5:14:05PM
Did anything exciting happen on the prelims? I didn't get to see Jaboin/Loveland, Alcantara/Arantes, and Assuncao/Eduardo.
Franklinfan47
8/29/11 5:32:59PM
Nogs comeback for sure. To come off all those surgeries and score a KO in Rio is amazing.
Chael_Sonnen
8/29/11 7:44:55PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Did anything exciting happen on the prelims? I didn't get to see Jaboin/Loveland, Alcantara/Arantes, and Assuncao/Eduardo.

Yeah, his name is Silva....Erick Silva

40 seconds of excitement!
prozacnation1978
8/29/11 8:36:20PM
Seeing big nog win after being out for 18 months
And putting those like dana white mouth shut about retirement
pmoney
8/29/11 8:59:14PM
Let's forget about Palhares' premature celebration. What about the fouls? Eye poking, cage grabbing, shots to the back of the head, a shot after the bell... And Herb Dean says pretty much nothing.

The only way that fight could have gotten any dirtier would be if Palhares gave Miller herpes somehow.
prophecy033
8/29/11 9:07:21PM
Okami looking like he lost BEFORE he finished walking outta the tunnel. Dude had no chance
tn_rebel
8/30/11 12:23:32AM

Posted by pmoney

Let's forget about Palhares' premature celebration. What about the fouls? Eye poking, cage grabbing, shots to the back of the head, a shot after the bell... And Herb Dean says pretty much nothing.

The only way that fight could have gotten any dirtier would be if Palhares gave Miller herpes somehow.

tried to prop; gotta share the love
kopower
8/30/11 10:01:48AM

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by pmoney

tried to prop; gotta share the love

Same. I forgot about all those