Da Riddum, Da Rebel, and Da UFC Welterweight Championship

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Da Riddum, Da Rebel, and Da UFC Welterweight Championship
grappler0000
4/21/08 10:07:58AM
Good morning, afternoon, evening, or whatever in-between time it is that your eyes have found their way to the Punch Drunk Hangover! I'm here with another one-stop shop for catching up on last week's Mixed Martial Arts news. As always, it's a pleasure bringing you Monday's reaction to a UFC Pay Per View event and I don't think I'm alone in my feeling UFC 83 delivered everything a fan could have hoped for and maybe even a little more. The crowd was perhaps the best in promotional history, though I also give a ton of credit to the Ohioans at UFC 68 who showed up in full force to support Randy Couture and Rich Franklin. The Montreal fans were loud from start to finish, whether raining down their adulation, disproval, or chants of "G-S-P", "Gou-let", "OLE! OLE OLE OLE!", or any of the other en masse, sometimes R-Rated, choruses of raucous cheering. Their enthusiasm, whether positive or negative, added to my enjoyment of an event featuring great action, incredible technique, highlight-reel moments, and a few laughs to boot.

I thought "Ken-Flo" did a solid job acting as Joe Rogan's replacement, though I will admit, I found myself wishing Randy Couture was still in the good graces of the UFC, and vice-versa, as he would have almost certainly been acting in Florian's role were we in that alternate dimension. Ken did a nice job on color commentary and it was hard not to smile at his post-fight exchange with Rich Franklin regarding the Middleweight's resemblance to Jim Carrey. If the Canadian comedian decided to smash his nose into a wall a few times I might tend to agree with Florian's assessment (which was also made by 411's Adam Tool in his latest column). Personally, I think Matt Lindland looks like he and the LotR's Gollum were separated at birth but that's a subject for a future PDH. And, again, sorry for any delay in load times but UFC 83 had too many memorable moments to not share with the world via animated GIF file.

a-Riddum,-Da-Rebel,-and-Da-UFC-Welterweight-Championship.htm" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Link