Riddle! props to the first to solve it.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Riddle! props to the first to solve it.
« Previous Page
BlazinSaddle
2/17/08 3:33:51AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by BlazinSaddle

least favorite is omaplata, then maybe its a side choke? or a kneebar?

my way would worked too lol...ok i got it then

you pour a little bit from each of the 1000 bottles into 10 empty bottles and have 10 prisioners assigned to each bottle

my favorite submissions are leg locks so technically yes, kneebar is correct

and for the second riddle, the way you described does not pinpoint the exact bottle, but rather pinpoints 100 bottles that can potentially be poisoned. the way the ruler did it in the riddle only required 10 prisoners, 5 weeks to do and was successful in pinpointing the exact poisoned bottle. what did he do?

come on my answer is fine and takes less time (take a little from all 1000 bottles pour a little in ten bottles and have 10 prisoners only 1 prisoner dies and it takes 30 days according to the riddle)

i bet its a better answer anyway
jiujitsufreak74
2/17/08 3:37:36AM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by BlazinSaddle

you pour a little bit from each of the 1000 bottles into 10 empty bottles and have 10 prisioners assigned to each bottle

and for the second riddle, the way you described does not pinpoint the exact bottle, but rather pinpoints 100 bottles that can potentially be poisoned. the way the ruler did it in the riddle only required 10 prisoners, 5 weeks to do and was successful in pinpointing the exact poisoned bottle. what did he do?

come on my answer is fine and takes less time (take a little from all 1000 bottles pour a little in ten bottles and have 10 prisoners only 1 prisoner dies and it takes 30 days according to the riddle)

read the riddle, it doesn't follow the answer. your answer would leave the king with 99 less bottles of wine then the way he did it. he used only 10 people, and was able to have all 999 of the nonpoisonous bottles in just 5 weeks. the parameters are what make it hard. your previous two answers don't follow the riddle therefore you are wrong. now guess again
grappler0000
2/17/08 7:08:26AM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by BlazinSaddle

read the riddle, it doesn't follow the answer. your answer would leave the king with 99 less bottles of wine then the way he did it. he used only 10 people, and was able to have all 999 of the nonpoisonous bottles in just 5 weeks. the parameters are what make it hard. your previous two answers don't follow the riddle therefore you are wrong. now guess again

This reminds me of a riddle my programming teacher gave us back in high school. The trick is to use base-2 instead of base-10. Using base-2, the maximum number of prisoners to die would be 10, since 1000 is represented with 10 digits in binary. If each prisoner represents a single digit ranging from 1 - 1111101000 and each bottle is numbered accordingly...each prisoner represented by a one would take a sip of the wine and the prisoners who died a month later would give you the exact bottle...each dead prisoner would represent a 1 while a living one would represent a 0...resulting in the number of the bottle.

Edit: and as a side note...the most prisoners to die with method would actually be only 9. If there were 1023 bottles , then there would be a 1 in 1023 shot of all 10 being poisened.
jiujitsufreak74
2/17/08 3:49:05PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by BlazinSaddle

This reminds me of a riddle my programming teacher gave us back in high school. The trick is to use base-2 instead of base-10. Using base-2, the maximum number of prisoners to die would be 10, since 1000 is represented with 10 digits in binary. If each prisoner represents a single digit ranging from 1 - 1111101000 and each bottle is numbered accordingly...each prisoner represented by a one would take a sip of the wine and the prisoners who died a month later would give you the exact bottle...each dead prisoner would represent a 1 while a living one would represent a 0...resulting in the number of the bottle.

Edit: and as a side note...the most prisoners to die with method would actually be only 9. If there were 1023 bottles , then there would be a 1 in 1023 shot of all 10 being poisened.

yep, you got it (must spread love)
The-Don
6/16/08 1:54:42PM

Posted by cloppio

early episode of the cosby show had this joke in it

Actually it is older then that it was first on the show... All in the family... plus the riddle had more relevence when it was first aired cause there were few woman doctors back then.. today more people get that riddle then back then.
The-Don
6/16/08 1:57:04PM
ok here is one baseball is what its about....

Runner on 1st and 2nd, no outs... How can there be a triple play with out a fielder touching the ball?
Pookie
6/16/08 2:49:09PM

Posted by The-Don

Runner on 1st and 2nd, no outs... How can there be a triple play with out a fielder touching the ball?

the ball is hit directly at second base and is caught(1) by the baseman while hes standing on the bag(2)the runner on second was leading off. If the runner on first tried to steal simultaneously and the second baseman tagged him with his glove thats three outs without ever touching the baseball... the glove is touching the ball not the fielder.
iwannabesedated
6/16/08 3:11:19PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by The-Don

the ball is hit directly at second base and is caught(1) by the baseman while hes standing on the bag(2)the runner on second was leading off. If the runner on first tried to steal simultaneously and the second baseman tagged him with his glove thats three outs without ever touching the baseball... the glove is touching the ball not the fielder.

Sounds good to me...But i thought a strikeout would be involved somewhere.

89vision
6/16/08 3:28:52PM
whats a headache with a sore ass?
iwannabesedated
6/16/08 3:36:12PM

Posted by 89vision

Aftermath from a donkey punch.
89vision
6/16/08 3:37:57PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by 89vision

DING DING

(shocked someone got it so quick)

EDIT: I have to spread the love, but you'll get the prop soon
iwannabesedated
6/16/08 3:39:28PM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by 89vision

DING DING

(shocked someone got it so quick)

EDIT: I have to spread the love, but you'll get the prop soon

HOly shit....I was just jokin around.
89vision
6/16/08 3:45:17PM

that riddle took me 5 minutes to think up and you figured it out in 2 hahaha

too obvious of clues right?
iwannabesedated
6/16/08 3:49:02PM

Posted by 89vision

that riddle took me 5 minutes to think up and you figured it out in 2 hahaha

too obvious of clues right?

Dirty Minds think alike....
Rush
6/16/08 4:59:19PM
Here's one posted on an old forum years ago. Let's see if anyone has any ideas (or the actual answer kicking around).

Farm-boy Luke went into a field and into a very large barn-like structure on the edge of the field. Later he came out, and as he was approaching the middle of the field he knew that when he reached it he would be dead. How did he know that?

Helpful hints:
- It was not Luke's or Uncle Owen's field.
- He had been to the same field on numerous occasions.
- He did not do any work on the field.

Good luck!
Copenhagen
6/16/08 7:10:07PM

Posted by Rush

Here's one posted on an old forum years ago. Let's see if anyone has any ideas (or the actual answer kicking around).

Farm-boy Luke went into a field and into a very large barn-like structure on the edge of the field. Later he came out, and as he was approaching the middle of the field he knew that when he reached it he would be dead. How did he know that?

Helpful hints:

Good luck!

He accidentally went into his drunk, redneck neighbor's field and got shot for trespassing.
Rush
6/16/08 7:35:13PM
Nope.

I couldn't answer the question the first time, but I finally found the original one and it makes a little more sense.
The-Don
6/18/08 6:35:16PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by The-Don

Actually neither is right... Remember I said no fielders touch the ball...
Pookie
6/18/08 6:55:41PM

Posted by The-Don

Posted by Pookie

Posted by The-Don

He didnt touch it, his glove did.

It never leaves the glove.
The-Don
7/14/08 3:43:12PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by The-Don

Posted by Pookie

Posted by The-Don

He didnt touch it, his glove did.

It never leaves the glove.

nope still incorrect,,, this one takes into account several rarely used rules in baseball...
jiujitsufreak74
7/14/08 5:06:38PM

Posted by The-Don

alright let me give it a shot. the batter hits a pop up in the infield. an infield fly is called causing the 1st out. the runner from second base stops but the runner from first base is running with his head down and passes the runner from second base causing the 2nd out. the fly ball then comes down and his the runner from second base causing the 3rd out.
kaskd
7/14/08 6:46:57PM

Posted by Rush

Helpful hints:

Good luck!

Is he a vampire? He's walking and he sees the sun rising, and knows he won't make it back in time. If not is he human? I have a whole list of crazy things he can be.
The-Don
7/18/08 10:44:55AM

Posted by The-Don

alright let me give it a shot. the batter hits a pop up in the infield. an infield fly is called causing the 1st out. the runner from second base stops but the runner from first base is running with his head down and passes the runner from second base causing the 2nd out. the fly ball then comes down and his the runner from second base causing the 3rd out.

Correct!
Quasar
7/18/08 4:32:32PM
Who am I.....

Courtney Love put a hit on me from stardom envy.....
roger
9/4/09 12:56:22AM
I miss this thread it was the best one
kaskd
9/4/09 9:02:08AM

Posted by Rush

Helpful hints:

Good luck!

Hey Rush what's the answer to this one? I totally forgot about it and now it's bugging me. Or if anyone has guesses I'd like to know.
ButterBalls
9/4/09 10:51:22AM
The Jawa's sold his location to Darth Vader?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]