Rich Franklin wants to make a run at the light heavyweight title starting with Chuck Liddell

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rich Franklin wants to make a run at the light heavyweight title starting with Chuck Liddell
runningman08
4/29/10 2:06:17PM
"If I cut back down to 185, it's a completely different cut to make it and I will have completely undone everything I've done to put on the size I have. I want to make a run for the title and I don't want to keep doing things that are counterproductive to that, like fights at 195. You can't count Chuck out of any fight. Yeah, he hasn't fought in a year, and yeah, he's lost four of his past five fights, but look at what he's done over the span of his career. He's a legend and he has beaten such an incredible list of opponents, it would be a huge mistake to look past a guy like him."

Full Article -Here-
seanfu
4/29/10 2:21:21PM

what a HUGE win that would be ;)
KaibaThedon
4/29/10 5:37:20PM
I'm pumped to see this one live.

WAR ACE
sbulldavid
4/29/10 6:59:56PM
I'm a big Rich Franklin fan, but Chuck seems like a really bad match for him.
chickmagnet
4/29/10 10:59:16PM
I honestly feel a revampef Chuck could Knock Rich out. Im not biased either im a fan of both
enrique1
4/29/10 11:20:57PM
Rich should win this by KO in the second round. he is more fresh, and has better striking. Plus uses his kicks more often than Cuck does...... But agian Chuck has the one punch power.....
jae_1833
4/29/10 11:32:10PM
Love Ace....just don't see him ever being champion again unless he goes back down to MW and Anderson is out of the picture.
MMAcca
4/30/10 1:33:23AM
I think Rich will run through Chuck in this one.
sparky
4/30/10 2:55:00AM
Chuck by over hand right!!!!!
seanfu
4/30/10 3:56:20AM

Posted by sparky

overhand is one word, but that's okay, because ace will knock him loopy with an overhand judo chop upside his raggedy ass head for 3 rounds before winning the slow decision.
Caesarrrr
4/30/10 3:27:18PM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by sparky

overhand is one word, but that's okay, because ace will knock him loopy with an overhand judo chop upside his raggedy ass head for 3 rounds before winning the slow decision.

Chuck vs Ace

my prediction. Rich being the judo chopper and all.
BustedKnuckle
4/30/10 6:14:58PM
I am having trouble picking him against Chuck. Thats said , how will he do against.....Shogun, Machida, Evans, Rampage, Lil NOG? The ladder to climb to the top of the UFC LHW division is an extremly tough one. I just dont see Rich being able to string the wins together to get a title shot. There are a lot of good fights foe him there though.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/30/10 8:41:48PM

judo chopper

You mean the "judy chopper." I would love to train MMA with the Hillbilly Ninja. Back to the topic at hand, I don't think Ace has the skill-set to make a deep run at LHW. He stood a better chance at MW.
Rush
5/1/10 7:50:17PM

Posted by jae_1833

Love Ace....just don't see him ever being champion again unless he goes back down to MW and Anderson is out of the picture.

Even then, I see more competition at MW than there was when he was a champion. When Rich was MW champ the division was pretty weak.

As for the fight with Chuck, I think if Rich follows the Shogun gameplan he should have no problem.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/1/10 7:54:30PM
The problem with that is that Rich doesn't possess the same talent as Shogun.
Rush
5/1/10 10:44:07PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

The problem with that is that Rich doesn't possess the same talent as Shogun.

Very true, but he just needs to avoid the overhand right and throw leg kicks in round 1. That should secure a victory for him, unless Chuck has learned to check kicks, which I doubt.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/2/10 1:46:59AM
That strategy makes more sense but I still think that Chuck can buckle him with one of his straightforward jabs as Rich comes in.