Rich Franklin training with Hume at AMC in Kirkland

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rich Franklin training with Hume at AMC in Kirkland
McBee
3/10/08 2:20:57PM
Rich Franklin is training for Lutter and UFC 83 in Kirkland at AMC Pankration (www.mmawizard.com) with Matt Hume. A friend of a friend just met Hume and Franklin at a restaurant in the Seattle area and confirmed it with a picture. Maybe roll with Barnett? C’mon Rich get Dana to bring Barnett on!!!! Matt and Josh get Rich the win!!!!!
McBee
3/10/08 4:17:42PM
It seems like Rich was always almost self taught or at least did not have big names helping him so I am excited that the Wizard is helping him.
JimiMak
3/10/08 4:57:30PM
Good news for Rich to be getting top level grapplling instruction for Travis. Just met Lutter teh other day, he''s still doing seminars. Great guy, great seminar, gotta say Rich is gonna pound him tho.
McBee
3/10/08 4:59:13PM

Posted by JimiMak

Good news for Rich to be getting top level grapplling instruction for Travis. Just met Lutter teh other day, he''s still doing seminars. Great guy, great seminar, gotta say Rich is gonna pound him tho.

I do not know, Lutter gave Anderson the biggest run for his money in the UFC yet, I just question if he will be able to take Rich down in the first place
Aaronno9
3/10/08 6:11:26PM
Glad rich is changing his training up

I think humes style of JJ is way more agressive and usefull in mma than gurgels. I know hes good friends with gurgel, and pretty much the face of the academy, but i think it would hugely benefit his career if he trained at another camp before his fights.
tepid55
3/10/08 7:00:12PM
Travis Lutter will be the best grappler Franklin has ever faced.
JimiMak
3/10/08 8:35:37PM

Posted by McBee

Posted by JimiMak

I do not know, Lutter gave Anderson the biggest run for his money in the UFC yet, I just question if he will be able to take Rich down in the first place

Funny thing, he said the same thing "Getting him down is gonna be the hardest part"

I just question whether he's in proper shape if he's teaching seminars and not in a full time training regimen. He could use his JJ to win, I just don't see it going down like that.
McBee
3/10/08 9:35:49PM

Funny thing, he said the same thing "Getting him down is gonna be the hardest part"

I just question whether he's in proper shape if he's teaching seminars and not in a full time training regimen. He could use his JJ to win, I just don't see it going down like that.

Pretty hard balance when you are not making the big bucks yet, but I would not be doing any seminars with the potential notiarity from beating Franklin right in front of me. Think of the potential payout from the UFC or a competing promotion that wants a valid MW champion which he could be upon beating Franklin. It seems like the rivals are pretty stupid not to know the different fighters and offer some of the lower level contenders that are getting paid less than they are potentially worth.