Rich Franklin steps into UFC 147 headliner against Wanderlei Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rich Franklin steps into UFC 147 headliner against Wanderlei Silva
« Previous Page
george112
5/30/12 9:46:39PM
Silva could be dangerous in this fight. If he wants the rematch with Belfort so bad I can see that not happening with a loss here.

Franklin will have to be on his toes. Although he rarely isn't. I see him winning UD

Edit:

Sorry for the double post. Damn EVO
Chael_Sonnen
5/30/12 9:56:33PM
Macheetah must've slipped Joe Silva some urine to drink after making this horrible, god-awful matchup.
grappler0000
5/30/12 10:27:36PM
There's no way in hell Belcher is ready to headline a PPV...injuries suck, but this was probably the best option.
Bubbles
5/30/12 10:57:48PM

Posted by george112
Edit:

you should know the rules of the double post being a PG OG. If you are unsure, ask Kpro
george112
5/30/12 11:28:54PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by george112
Edit:

you should know the rules of the double post being a PG OG. If you are unsure, ask Kpro

I'll be sure to ask
cowcatcher
5/30/12 11:35:59PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by cowcatcher

It sucks any time an injury forces one of the fighters out, and it especially sucks when another good fight has to be broken up in order to get a replacement, but Franklin is the UFC's go to guy for big fights that need replacements from 185-205. BeeR nailed it, and really who else were they going to get?

I think like many others, they should have gone with the guy everyone is really high on right now, Alan Belcher. He's a MW and it could be a good fight to launch him towards a title shot, and get a win over a big name. Both guys have lost 3 out of their last five, and Rich in particular is coming off a loss to Griffin...

In my mind, they have to do something to salvage this card, as Werdum vs Russo and Alcantara vs Dias are 4th and 5th fights on a main card at best. Just throwing names out there, but something like Stephan Bonnar vs Gustafson, and maybe Johny Hendricks vs Rory McDonald could potentially right this sinking ship.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Belcher either, but he's on the shelf with an injury, so he's not even in the conversation.
jae_1833
5/30/12 11:40:31PM
Their first match up was great! Why would I not pay to see this fight.....I havent missed more than a couple UFC events in the last decade. I really hope it doesnt end up being Franklin Liddel 2, I want Wandy to win very badly.....I will always love watching him fight and hate to see him koed.
KingCmb
5/30/12 11:43:35PM
of course he did rich is a company man but this isnt a fight i wanna see maybe if we make a stink about it like we did when brock frank 3 was announced theyll change it but idk what they could do to salvage this card
Kpro
5/31/12 5:39:07AM

Posted by the-king

Where did you find the picture of KFM to use as your av??

cowcatcher
5/31/12 10:03:23AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by the-king

Wolfenstein
5/31/12 12:43:23PM
Didn't realize Belcher had injured his hand against Palhares, nevermind then.
Budgellism
5/31/12 1:13:53PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by the-king

You can thank me for that av
I-GOT-THIS-PICK
6/1/12 2:55:50PM
This is a better fight for Wandy.I still think he gets knock out but at least it wont be in 40 seconds like the first Belfort fight
Chael_Sonnen
6/1/12 4:18:02PM
Vera "Ace Detective" by UD
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
FR33B1RD
6/2/12 3:10:34AM
Why is everyone shitting on this fight, it's going to be great.

And Wanderlei is going to knock Rich out
Kpro
6/2/12 4:28:29AM
We'll see how Rich likes the Brazilian fans telling him they hope he dies and throwing drinks at him and using laser pointers on him during the fight.

What do we have, at most one more event there before all Brazil events are only Brazilian fighters with no one else wanting to fight there because of the fans?
Pages: 1 [2]