Rich Franklin reflects on recent visits with wounded soldiers

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rich Franklin reflects on recent visits with wounded soldiers
SmileR
6/10/08 4:23:23PM
UFC middleweight star Rich "Ace" Franklin has long been an adamant supporter of the troops serving in the U.S. military.

And while professional athletes from all sports often schedule PR-friendly visits to various military outposts, Franklin recently visited two military hospitals in the Washington, D.C. area completely on his own accord.

MMAjunkie.com recently spoke with Franklin about the trip, which included a stop at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center late last month.

Link
The-Don
6/10/08 4:33:02PM
Rich just climbed several notches in my eyes......

Props to Franklin....
jakeiceman
6/10/08 4:42:34PM
I have always thought he was a class act. He never makes excuses, he never talks trash and he shows respect after he wins and even more after he loses.
Franklin is just a great guy and a great fighter. He is an asset to the UFC for more than his fighting abilities.
Raykill
6/10/08 4:51:37PM

Posted by jakeiceman

I have always thought he was a class act. He never makes excuses, he never talks trash and he shows respect after he wins and even more after he loses.
Franklin is just a great guy and a great fighter. He is an asset to the UFC for more than his fighting abilities.

thats about says it all.
Aaronno9
6/10/08 5:19:22PM
Rich is an awesome guy, hes been my favorite fighter since i got into the sport. Cant wait to see him back in the cage.
dannyfrank
6/10/08 5:47:55PM
rich franklin is the man. this means a lot to me seeing as my brother, my parents, both of my grandfathers, and one of my grandmothers were in the military at one time
casey64
6/10/08 6:24:49PM

Posted by jakeiceman

Right down to the point my friend.
MMAcca
6/11/08 1:37:02AM
Rich Franklin is a GENTLEMAN pure and simple.

He's respectful, honest, articulate and he works hard too.

Props to Franklin.

If ever you were looking for an MMA role model, here is your man...