Rich Franklin Ready to Fight at 185 or 205 Pounds

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rich Franklin Ready to Fight at 185 or 205 Pounds
POLL: What weight class should Rich Franklin fight at?
Middleweight 44% (7)
Light Heavyweight 13% (2)
Doesn't matter to me 31% (5)
He should retire 13% (2)
Budgellism
4/5/11 11:07:11AM
"Here's the thing with the 185- and 205-pound divisions. I realize that I'm a small fighter at 205. Yeah, I could feel the size difference in the (Forrest Griffin) fight. Until I get in the ring and say, 'Holy crap, that guy was way stronger than me; I should not be at 205 because I'm not strong enough,' then I'll deal with that when I get there."

"If the UFC came back to me and said, 'Move back to 185, and let's see what a title pursuit is going to look like for you,' and they threw some names at me to put me in contention, then perhaps I'd be tickled."

LINK

Where would you like to see Franklin fight?
Budgellism
4/5/11 11:09:14AM
Personally I'd like to see Franklin back at 185. He hasn't fought there for a few years and there are a bunch of good match ups for him now. He's right, he's completely undersized at 205. Griffin dwarfed the guy.
AchillesHeel
4/5/11 11:29:39AM
Right now, I wouldn't pick Franklin to win a title fight in either division, so it's a tossup to me. There's been a lot of talent added to the Middleweight division since he fought there, so there are plenty of good matchups for him in either weight class.
Theoutlaw08
4/5/11 12:03:05PM
Doesn't matter to me. Franklin's a good guy and he's fun to watch, either division is cool as long as he gets back at it soon. Franklin vs. Bisping anyone?
Budgellism
4/5/11 4:25:38PM
I don't like Bisping one bit but I'd still like to see that fight
cowcatcher
4/5/11 4:30:27PM
Rich is very underappreciated IMO and he's a threat to almost anyone in either division so I'd be fine seeing him either place.
ThaAxeMurderer7
4/5/11 5:23:00PM
I would like to see him fight Shogun in Rio.
prozacnation1978
4/5/11 5:53:45PM
I think 185.
It would take about 4 wins for a title shot
And I highly doubt silva will be fighting in the ufc beyond 2012
I think he will retire. Franklin can go after middleweight belt
hashyandy4
4/8/11 6:04:25PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I think 185.

I agree that Ace should drop to MW, but 2 think that he is gonna compete 4 the title no matter who's the champ is crazy. I like the idea of him fighting bisping and maybe even Marquardt. those are both pretty tough fights 4 rich, not 2 mention sonnen who would run threw rich and Vitor who already has. there's also maia who i think could hang with rich and okami, even tho Ace has already beat yushin, but thats not the same okami.

At LHw rich is just usually a lot smaller than his oppenents.
Griffin- huge 205er
Davis- much bigger than ace
Bader- same as davis
oh yeah that jon jones guy is kinda big 2 so richie get back to 185
bhardy22132
4/9/11 12:20:47AM

Posted by hashyandy4

Posted by prozacnation1978

I think 185.

I agree that Ace should drop to MW, but 2 think that he is gonna compete 4 the title no matter who's the champ is crazy. I like the idea of him fighting bisping and maybe even Marquardt. those are both pretty tough fights 4 rich, not 2 mention sonnen who would run threw rich and Vitor who already has. there's also maia who i think could hang with rich and okami, even tho Ace has already beat yushin, but thats not the same okami.

At LHw rich is just usually a lot smaller than his oppenents.
Griffin- huge 205er
Davis- much bigger than ace
Bader- same as davis
oh yeah that jon jones guy is kinda big 2 so richie get back to 185

I disagree with the statement about sonnen. I dont think he would run through rich at all. Rich fares pretty well with wrestlers. gives them fits. as long as he can keep the fight standing which he is more than capable of doing, he would pick Sonnen apart. And your crazy if you dont think he would pick Maia apart. I would actually take Rich in a rematch against Vitor
Dtime_NBT
4/9/11 7:03:19PM
Rich go to 185 and get the belt man