Rich Franklin Needs a New Contract Before He'll Take His Next UFC Fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rich Franklin Needs a New Contract Before He'll Take His Next UFC Fight
emfleek
6/26/09 8:40:40AM
After his impressive win over Wanderlei Silva in the main event at UFC 99, Rich Franklin's future has been a subject of a great deal of speculation among UFC fans, with talk that he could fight a young up-and-comer like Luiz Cane or an Octagon legend like Chuck Liddell or Tito Ortiz. But Franklin said on this week's episode of ESPN.com's MMA Live that it's way too early to determine his next step because first he needs to renegotiate his contract.

Franklin was asked whether he expected to headline UFC 103, which is tentatively scheduled for September 19 in Dallas, and he said he wasn't sure.

STORY
fizz
6/26/09 1:37:11PM
CPT FTW
chickmagnet
6/26/09 2:01:15PM
Get Tito back in the UFC, lets see these two square off. Since there is no true contender after Shogun, I would have rather seen Rich and Shogun square off
for number one conetnder, and have one of them fight Machida, probably at UFC 105 or 106.

But since Shogun is already set, I say bring back Tito and have him fight Rich. Chuck's time is over now. Hes a legend but I if he loses which theres a good chance he could, I dont want to see his legacy get tarnished.
prozacnation1978
6/26/09 2:17:01PM
probably face lidell next he has alot of options at light heavy weight
4u2nv
6/26/09 3:45:27PM
I really wanna see Rich get his shot... i mean he does need to fight a top 10 contender and i don't think Liddel is top 10 anymore. No offense to his fans, i love him but his time is up. I'd like to see Rich vs Cane it'll be a interesting fight, i just don't think it can sell or promote well.
kaskd
6/26/09 5:01:07PM

Posted by 4u2nv

I really wanna see Rich get his shot... i mean he does need to fight a top 10 contender and i don't think Liddel is top 10 anymore. No offense to his fans, i love him but his time is up. I'd like to see Rich vs Cane it'll be a interesting fight, i just don't think it can sell or promote well.

Yeah, because of who he is Rich is being protected right now in the LHW. Realistically he should be facing top competition already for a real run at the belt, and not tool around with the 2nd tier fighters (no offense meant to any of his previous opponents).