Rich Franklin vs Jason the Athlete should be a great fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rich Franklin vs Jason the Athlete should be a great fight
Next Page »
www-WeLoan-us
1/17/07 9:39:02AM
Rich needs to step up or this could be it for him
WaikruMass
1/17/07 10:35:14AM
Rich is going to mop the floor with him. I cant believe their throwing Mac to the wolves like this with the TUFkilling popularity he's been enjoying. he's done.
www-WeLoan-us
1/17/07 10:43:47AM
i hope you are right. I am a rich franklin fan
DoTheMMAth
1/17/07 11:02:03AM
I can't wait to see Ace back in action; I just hope that he can recover from his last prison-style beating and have his head back in the game.
waylon_o
1/17/07 11:08:22AM
I like Franklin, but I expect big things from the Athlete...he's shown some great submission skills, but he took a lot of hard hits in those last few fights too. I expect Franklin to win.
WaikruMass
1/17/07 11:11:33AM

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

i hope you are right. I am a rich franklin fan

I've always been a franklin fan, and i thought dana screwed him big time by throwing him in with silva after so much time off. i cant wait to see him back on top, he his one of the best MW out there IMO.
www-WeLoan-us
1/17/07 11:24:57AM
he definitly is a warrior...The athlete will be a good fight for him . Your right Dana should of never thrown him in there with spider BUT man that guy can strike . The way he made Ace look was scary
waylon_o
1/17/07 12:05:12PM
I disagree totally...it doesn't matter how long Franklin was out before that fight...if he wasn't ready, he just needed to give his belt up and climb back up the ladder...if you have a belt in the UFC, you should be ready to fight anyone at anytime, no exceptions...
thepitbull00
1/17/07 2:35:54PM
Jason Macdonald has proven he can take a shot to the head and survive. Plus you can't get out of his submissions when they;re locked on. Look at Ed Herman, he dragged Jason half way across the cage and couldn't get free. Rich cannot take this fight lightly or he will get beat.
waylon_o
1/17/07 2:47:23PM
I'm with you on that.
strikefirstgear
1/17/07 2:50:05PM
Jason is no slouch on the ground and if Ace takes it lightly he might have a few scary moments but I think Jason isn't even on the same level in the well rounded fighter department.

Franklin can handle himself on the ground and in the stand up he should dominate decisively. I think that losing the belt to Silva will ultimately be the best thing for Franklin. He needed to know that he could lose the belt at any time. Keeps his edge sharp.

I can't wait to see the rematch with Silva. He wont go for the clinch as easily again. I bet Franklin is very curious to see the Lutter fight.
cowcatcher
1/17/07 7:40:06PM
MacDonald has lost to some decent, but by no means top notch fighters though: Cote, Eastman, Shonie, Mahood, and Starnes
pitbull
1/17/07 8:05:40PM
Damn, Franklins nose was in a state after all those knees from Silva.

Broken big style.

Naaaaasty!!!

Hes a great fighter though, he should win this nexc fight.
zephead
1/17/07 8:21:35PM
Rich will be fine. He played the game against Anderson and paid for it. You don't clinch with a guy that is know for the clinch game. I don't expect Rich to roll on the ground with Jason. Rich will fight his fight and be fine
tamarslay3
1/17/07 8:40:18PM
Franklin is the most overrated fighter in the ufc along with tim because there is no competion is the middle weight divison until someone drops weight class or gains weight class and sylvia has NO competion but now there is cro crop
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
strikefirstgear
1/17/07 9:06:43PM

Posted by zephead

Rich will be fine. He played the game against Anderson and paid for it. You don't clinch with a guy that is know for the clinch game. I don't expect Rich to roll on the ground with Jason. Rich will fight his fight and be fine

I Agree with that completely. I think Rich is underated by some. But the cool thing about this sport is it all comes out in the octagon. We will see if he is the real deal.
www-WeLoan-us
1/17/07 10:51:28PM
Ace is definitly not the most over rated fighter that is crazy. Time will tell but I see a rematch between Ave and Spyder and a very different Ace.
jhop
1/23/07 7:43:51AM
I don't think Franklin will be overlooking anyone for a long time. I think he will look to end it early.
MMA
1/23/07 10:57:35AM
To be honest, I rather see MacDonald vs. Groove. That fight would be much closer to call.

Franklin is going to destroy MacDonald. Yeah, MacDonald is on a roll right now, but Franklin is on a whole different level. Let's face it, Herman and Leben are not contenders.

MacDonald look pretty sloppy against his Leben fight (during the standup), and that choke he caught Leben with said more about how bad Leben's ground game is than anything else.

I predict 2nd round TKO victory by Franklin.
loller90278
1/23/07 2:08:49PM
mcdonald does not stand a chance, i think hes a b level fighter at best.. beating leben did not impress me. i think it will be franklin by either unanimous decision or tko 2nd round
Gladiator
1/23/07 2:35:19PM
a diego sanchez fan is accusing a former-champion of being overrated? the ufc middle-weight division may not be stacked, but i dont think that means franklin isnt a world-class fighter, and as for tim sylvia... im not sure if there is anyone out there who has that great an opinion of his skills
WarCreed
1/24/07 4:35:11PM
Rich has learned alot from last match. He stated himself that he thought he would work from in the clinch but had no idea how strong Silva is before it was too late. I see a good fight but a quick one.

Franklin via TKO strikes
strikefirstgear
1/24/07 5:10:15PM

Posted by WarCreed

Rich has learned alot from last match. He stated himself that he thought he would work from in the clinch but had no idea how strong Silva is before it was too late. I see a good fight but a quick one.

Franklin via TKO strikes

Bad game plan. I am looking forward to seing Silva/Franklin 2.

shawneth
1/24/07 6:04:31PM
So many people see so much in Jason Macdonald. He was getting anal pwned through out that whole fight with Leben. I don't understand how anybody thinks he has a chance against Franklin.
Gomiera
1/24/07 6:18:15PM
I see Franklin dismantling Macdonald on his return fight. Franklin is on a mission this time and he wont let the Athlete's sloppy striking to get in his way.
dcox86
1/24/07 6:21:31PM

Posted by tamarslay3

Franklin is the most overrated fighter in the ufc along with tim because there is no competion is the middle weight divison until someone drops weight class or gains weight class and sylvia has NO competion but now there is cro crop

how can tim be overrated if 90% of the fans hate him and beg for him to lose everytime he fights
jmoooooo
1/24/07 6:59:39PM
could be a great fight, and a huge opportunity for macdonald if he can pull off a win

that being said, if franklin is fighting 100% and fights smart (stays on his feet) its an easy win

macdonalds takedowns didnt look impressive, and franklin has better takedown defence than leben...i see poor macdonald looking like hughes in his last fight against gsp or monson against sylvia....its too bad, i really like macdonald

but macdonald signed a 4 fight contract with the UFC so he'll be around for a while anyway

something else to consider, MFC is still advertising macdonald as fighting on Feb 3 here in edmonton. so would be a month between fights.
pv3Hpv3p
1/24/07 8:34:55PM

Posted by tamarslay3

In a way you're right, not that Rich is an overrated fighter, the guy's a stud, but there really was lack of competition in the MW div. After he UD'd Louiaso (sp?) there was really no one left. But I have to disagree that he is over rated because he did truly own that division, he is a monster at 185lbs, I don't know how he cuts down to that, and I know you hear it from everywhere, but the guy is the definition of a well rounded fighter. He has decent ground skills, good standup (helps that he's a lefty). That said, he might want to work on his clinch before he gets back in there with A.Silva
cam8528
1/24/07 8:58:15PM
I agree that Rich needs this win. I think it should be an easy one, but you never know. It should, however, be a pretty good fight.
Unkoman
1/27/07 3:07:45PM

Posted by WaikruMass

Rich is going to mop the floor with him. I cant believe their throwing Mac to the wolves like this with the TUFkilling popularity he's been enjoying. he's done.

I don't think this point of his career he has a choice. He's 34 he has to run for the title or retire.
Pages: [1] 2