Rich Franklin Vs. Dan Henderson

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Rich Franklin Vs. Dan Henderson
bigbubbano23
4/27/08 10:04:55PM
This in my opinion should be one of thier next two fights. But i think the ufc will put hendo against someone they know he can beat to get him back on track before this happens. How do you think this fight would end up? I think it would be a war that goes the length and rich would come away with the W.

Please if you have nothing to say about this post don't bother Thanx
bullettdodger
4/27/08 10:17:17PM
Hendo by leaps and bounds, the MW division in my opinion goes A. Silva, Hendo, then Rich... though if Lutter had beat rich then i would have had Lutter ahead of Rich and behind hendo, setting up a interesting match in lutter hendo... but that will never happen the reason why im still not too sure
Mchubb316
4/27/08 11:00:05PM
I think that this would be a good fight. Both are good strikers, both are good in the clinch, but I think Hendo's wrestling would be the difference and he would win by UD.
Lockfrow
4/28/08 1:24:21AM
I think it would be a brutal fight and Hendo would push the pace and get the W.
jgtribbett
4/28/08 7:45:05AM
Hendo by UD
Aaronno9
4/28/08 8:11:02AM
Ace, second round armbar.
casey64
4/28/08 10:55:27AM
Hendo by far.
Rabi
4/28/08 11:34:37AM
It would be a war but I think Hendo would wear Rich down and win by tko in round 3 or UD.

Would like to see it happen though.
NinjaCyborg
4/28/08 12:16:27PM
There is no reason to throw a can to Hendo. That would be insulting.
Dan Henderson would KO Franklin with a powerbomb slam and then proceed to beat his face in from guard.
Aaronno9
4/28/08 12:56:37PM
Joking or not, id have to seriously question your knowledge of mma if you regard rich franklin as a can.
Hurricane_Brad
4/28/08 1:00:47PM
I think Hendo would win, but Rich would make a fight of it. I hope we see this one soon.
number0
4/28/08 1:26:03PM
I think this would be a great fight.hendo has excellent wrestling and can throw some bombs.Ace is a very technical person all the way around he has the tools to do it, but I see Hendo coming out with his hand raised
sammyd1213
4/28/08 1:53:01PM
Hendo will pound him out early.
telnights
4/28/08 2:05:04PM
Man I still don't understand why people don't give Franklin any respect the guy is a top 3 185er. He has beat the likes of Travis Lutter, Yushin Okami, Jason MacDonald, David Loiseau, Nathan Quarry, Evan Tanner x2, and Jorge Rivera. All of those fighters a very respected at 185. The only real losses he has to speak of are against arguably the best P4P fight in the world Anderson Silva and a guy who is a top 10 in a weight class above him Lyoto Machida. I think this could be one of best match ups at 185.
MMAcca
4/28/08 3:09:14PM
Ace would win, exactly the same way rampage did
JWils
4/28/08 3:38:06PM
This fight should happen..... this is a great matchup.

With that said, I would pick Henderson to win. I think his wrestling and overall strength would be the difference. I'd predict a UD win for Henderson.

If they did fight, I would hope that they would stand and trade for a few minutes. It would be interesting to see how Franklin would deal with Henderson's big right hand.
kaskd
4/28/08 4:07:47PM
The only way i see Franklin having a chance is if he can take Hendo down and submit him. Franklin's striking is a lot more technical, but w/ Hendo's chin and his over hand right leading the charge Franklin won't be able to stand. and if Hendo takes Franklin down (repeatedly )which will probably happen im predicting a UD. If Hendo tries to aggressively too GnP for a finish Franklin will escape. Hendo will have to spend too much effort just controlling Franklin.

Still I doubt this fight is going to happen. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Hendo wanted to stay at LHW. Plus, Franklin sells tickets, and White probably wants to build Franklin back up a little before handing him a loss. Same w/ Hendo, a lot of people who arent really into MMA don't know his name yet and only know him as 2 losses. I see Dana feeding Hendo 2 more easy fights then throwing him a challenge.
therionace
4/28/08 7:43:29PM
hendo loses this one. i think rich will execute a smart game-plan against the ufc's caveman, dan henderson.
prozacnation1978
4/28/08 10:52:48PM
i like rich alot, but i see hendo beating him, no way hendo goes 0-3
jiujitsufreak74
4/28/08 11:07:14PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i like rich alot, but i see hendo beating him, no way hendo goes 0-3

i agree with you that Henderson will win...but many said that about Wandy too. now i know its different b/c whoever lost would have had 3 losses but still, anything can happen in this sport of MMA.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
4/28/08 11:20:37PM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

There is no reason to throw a can to Hendo. That would be insulting.
Dan Henderson would KO Franklin with a powerbomb slam and then proceed to beat his face in from guard.

please stay off your computer and stick to your usual

this fight would be a tossup imo. i would give rich the advantage in technical striking but dan would have the chin advantage. i would give rich the submission advantage but dan would have the take down advantage. i would give dan the KO power. I would give rich the conditioning advantage. one helluva fight if you ask me.
NinjaCyborg
4/29/08 12:29:23PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Joking or not, id have to seriously question your knowledge of mma if you regard rich franklin as a can.

I Never said Rich Franklin was a can.
I was responding to a comment the thread starter made.

"But i think the ufc will put hendo against someone they know he can beat to get him back on track "

I was responding to that, saying there is no reason to throw Hendo a can. He's a top level fighter. If he can't get in there and fight with Rich Franklin, then he doesn't need to fight at all.
No cans for hendo.
CJB
4/29/08 1:49:09PM
Really unsure about this fight. I don't know who would win and i don't know who i'd want to win.

I'm sure it'll happen soon enough.
bigbubbano23
4/29/08 2:56:29PM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

"But i think the ufc will put hendo against someone they know he can beat to get him back on track "

I was responding to that, saying there is no reason to throw Hendo a can. He's a top level fighter. If he can't get in there and fight with Rich Franklin, then he doesn't need to fight at all.
No cans for hendo.

yo dude trust me when i say that the ufc is not going to risk hedo losing another fight after two consecutive loses. But i do think that they will give him a good match, but def somebody who has a very small chance of winning. Maybe Okami, o and don't question my knowledge bra i smack you
Tein_Lung
4/29/08 3:28:37PM
THe fight won't happen... The UFC cannot take the rick of Ace beating Hendo... if hendo wins its great and he gets a rematch with Anderson... but if Rich wins Hendo falls into nothingness and Rich still won't fight anderson... The fight would sell tickets but the outcomes is too unpredictable for the UFC to risk it...
Aaronno9
4/29/08 5:17:32PM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

Posted by Aaronno9

No cans for hendo.

Oh right, my bad. I just assumed you meant ace was the can. Sorry buddy.