Rich Clementi ‘No Love’ climbs UFC lightweight ladder

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rich Clementi ‘No Love’ climbs UFC lightweight ladder
SmileR
4/28/08 10:17:22PM
Rich “No Love” Clementi played spoiler for many Canadian fans at UFC 83: “St. Pierre vs. Serra 2” with his tough split decision victory over Sam “Hands of Stone” Stout. The shower of boos from some 21 000 fans didn’t phase Clementi, in fact it did the opposite.

Here’s a snip:

“Being booed pumped me up a little bit … whether it’s cheers or boos it’s the energy that matters, I used that a little to my favor.”

The Canadian fans lived up to their stereotype of being overtly polite, however, only after the fight was over:

“The crowd in Montreal and the fans are just awesome … even afterwards I had fans come up to me and say ‘I felt bad booing you’ and they apologized and asked for my autograph.”

Here’s a final snip:

“Do I think I’m ready for that, a title shot or whatever? – No. Do I feel like I’m slowly climbing that ladder and kicking people off it as I’m trying to come up? – Damn right I am.”

Link
krthll1
4/28/08 10:30:39PM
There are a few guys that I really wanna see him fight right now. I think if he beats Terry Etim(Which he most likely will), he should fight a guy like Kurt Pelligrino, Joe Stevenson, Gray Maynard, or maybe even a Tyson Griffin. Those would all be some very stellar fights in my opinion.
Lay_N_Pray
4/28/08 11:03:38PM
I still have not seen his fight with Stout. Was it the correct decision and is there some place I can still view it?
krthll1
4/28/08 11:19:55PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

I still have not seen his fight with Stout. Was it the correct decision and is there some place I can still view it?

Here's a link to the fight.
http://www.pancrase.org/ufc-83-video-rich-clementi-vs-sam-stout/04-23-2008/
I thought it was a good decision. He was just a little bit better than Stout in the fight imo.
jiujitsufreak74
4/28/08 11:35:25PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

i personally wouldn't have been able to call it. i was leaning more towards stout myself but i could have gone either way. so, imo, it was not a bad decision but a razor thin one.

and on that note i am going to say this, don't sleep on Etim; or do so he can stay an underdog
Twenty20Dollars
4/29/08 9:05:08AM
rich keeps impressing me, hopefully he gets submission of the night over terry etim.
Lay_N_Pray
4/29/08 8:08:34PM
Just watched it and I agree with all of you...way too close to call.

Clementi had a takedown and a half in the third round, but Stout also rocked him twice in that round.

It's a tough call, but since Clementi was the one with the dominant round in the first round, I would say its a good decision.
silverbullet
4/29/08 10:23:56PM
The fight was too close to call, but Clementi is a better fighter. Stout basically tried his absolute best to keep it on his feet. And Clementi's stand-up is just a hair worse than Stout's. So just based on that it was a right call.

Great job by Stout stepping it up in Rd 3. Really could have gone either way.
Lockfrow
4/30/08 9:44:08PM
"I felt bad booing you"
Thats great, I've never heard that before.