Rich "Ace" Franklin vs. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Rich "Ace" Franklin vs. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
Biggz
8/2/08 2:17:25PM
I personally think that they should be fighting each other on the up coming card. (maybe thats just a little bit of wishfull thinking on my part) but i really think that if they both win their fights, a fight between them would be huge. i would love to see it. i also think it would be a awesome fight to co-headline some sort of title fight. because they both move up and down, i think it would be a great fight wether its at MM or LHW

War a Mac Danzig vs. Nate Diaz fight in the future
Twenty20Dollars
8/2/08 2:32:06PM
well prolly cus they don't want hendo having a chance of suffering 3 losses in a row and want to try and give him a shot to win.

but i think palahares his opponent might play the spoiler that night against hendo but idk yet.
bojangalz
8/2/08 3:23:11PM
I've been pulling for a Franklin/Hendo match-up for a while now. I honestly don't know which direction I would go on that one. It would be a hell of a fight though!
casketcoin
8/2/08 3:28:26PM
Ive been wanting to see this fight forever.It sucks that they kind of wasted the chance for this card. If Shogun was healthy i would do a little changing around fighters on that cad and it would look something like this:

Chuck v.s. Shogun
Franklin v.s. Henderson
Rashad v.s. Hammill
Palhares v.s. Marquardt
HENDO915
8/2/08 3:30:53PM
Henderson said (a month after his loss to silva) that his next apponent was probably going to be Rich Franklin and they were actually supposed to fight at UFC 85 but Franklin turned down the fight. I don't know why they arn't fighting each other but I know it's not because the ufc is afraid that Henderson will loose three fights in a row. Plus In my opinion I think Henderson would easily beat Franklin.
iceliddell240
8/2/08 3:40:21PM

Posted by casketcoin

Ive been wanting to see this fight forever.It sucks that they kind of wasted the chance for this card. If Shogun was healthy i would do a little changing around fighters on that cad and it would look something like this:

Chuck v.s. Shogun
Franklin v.s. Henderson
Rashad v.s. Hammill
Palhares v.s. Marquardt

couldnt agree more great card
jgtribbett
8/3/08 1:38:48AM
i want this fight more than anything.. i'm a huge hendo fan.. personally i think his run is ending but i still wanna see this (i also think franklin is done too thought)
cmill21
8/3/08 2:18:45AM
I think Hendo takes it. I don't see anything that Rich can do better then Hendo. Hendo's chin is great and he has huge power, he's an olympic calibur wrestler and Rich isn't known for his ground game. I think Hendo will beat Rousomir, he should be able to keep it standing and he's better on the feet. I think MW is such a better weight for hendo since he shoulden't get over powered like he did at 205.
mrsmiley
8/3/08 8:56:31PM
Hendo VS Franklin would be great.

I got to give the slight edge to Hendo though.He's got that right hand from hell,and imo,Franklins jaw would shatter if he got caught.

my prediction.

A some what boring first round with the two feeling eachother out.

Round 2 opens with some good action.Some well placed shots.I'm going on a limb and saying after Hendo catches Franklin with a right, Rich actualy gets a takedown on Dan and holds him their until the fight is stood up.Round 2 ends much like the same way round one started.

3:37 seconds into the third round Hendo rocks Rich with a small flurry Franklin never fully recovers from.He plays defense the rest of the match.

Dan Henderson by UD.
bls1919
8/3/08 9:46:04PM
Not going to happen anytime soon. i see Dan staying at 185 and Franklin at 205. I cant wait to see Franklin/Hammil though. ITs going to be a great fight.
Pitbull09
8/3/08 11:57:03PM
I wanted this fight to happen before Rich moved up but if he won, it wouldve just delayed the MW division and prevented a fast rematch with Silva and Henderson.

I would hope Henderson would win that fight, I see him as #2 MW, Franklin #3