Ricardo Arona heads back to RINGS; gives Wandy the hat trick

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ricardo Arona heads back to RINGS; gives Wandy the hat trick
MMAcca
10/8/08 3:06:20PM
Quoteworthy:

“Quinton is a great fighter, but only when he’s doing well in the fight. When he fights someone like me or Wanderlei he doesn’t like it, tries the takedowns and gets lost. Wanderlei needs to do the same gameplan, doesn’t need to change anything. Quinton has a ******* hand, if he hits you, you’ll feel it, but it’s the perfect game for Wanderlei.”

– Light heavyweight standout Ricardo Arona, who is scheduled to return to the Japanese mixed martial arts promotion RINGS in 2009, weighs in on Wanderlei Silva vs Quinton Jackson III for UFC 92 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on December 27. The Brazilian knows a thing or two about both men, having competed against them back in PRIDE FC.

LINK
HumanTarget
10/8/08 5:00:17PM
Didnt even know RINGS still existed...
waylon_o
10/8/08 5:25:11PM
I have been wandering what's been up with Ricardo. He was one of the greatest lhw's of his time and he just kinda fell off the face of the Earth.
prozacnation1978
10/8/08 7:28:15PM
i still think ufc or even afflication should grab him
sparky
10/8/08 7:32:45PM
This is good and bad in my opinion. Great that he is fighting again , but I was really hoping to see him in the UFC. His style makes for some pretty interesting match ups in the UFC's lightheavy weight divsion. But I am happy he is just going to be fighting again.
Rush
10/8/08 8:21:37PM
He probably wants one or two tune up fights. It's been a while since he has fought and of his last 4 fights he has lost 3 of them. I think for the sake of his confidence and career, he shouldn't jump into fighting top 10 guys right away.

tlangley
10/8/08 10:58:41PM
Arona should totaly go to the UFC
cmill21
10/9/08 12:28:31AM
I think Arona and the UFC would be like fries and gravy. He has the style to dominate with UFC rules.
MMAcca
10/9/08 12:39:14AM

Posted by cmill21

I think Arona and the UFC would be like fries and gravy. He has the style to dominate with UFC rules.

I agree with the above, but i think he should stay away for about a year and get some wins under his belt.

Just to boost his confidence and try to forget about those losses all coming at once.
jiujitsufreak74
10/9/08 1:51:54AM

Posted by cmill21

i have been saying this for a long time. the cage, scoring system and rules regarding knees/elbows will make for a great environment for him to thrive. i really hope he gets a few wins under his belt, gets picked up by the UFC and makes a run at the title. imo, he has the potential to beat every single LHW in the UFC. i just can't wait to see him fight again.
Pookie
10/9/08 7:52:56AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

imo, he has the potential to beat every single LHW in the UFC. i just can't wait to see him fight again.

except shogun
4u2nv
10/9/08 9:02:00AM
he would def be a great prospect in the UFC but he has lost his last 4 of 6 fights i believe and needs some tune up fights. Plus the LHW is stacked enough right now. They need some more HWs and MWs right now. Things r getting old fast with those divisions.
jiujitsufreak74
10/9/08 12:32:51PM

Posted by Pookie

imo, he has the potential to beat every single LHW in the UFC. i just can't wait to see him fight again.

except shogun

even shogun. under UFC rules and the way Shogun has looked i would pick Arona
Pookie
10/9/08 12:38:00PM

Posted by Pookie

except shogun

BOO!!!!!
jiujitsufreak74
10/9/08 12:53:14PM

Posted by Pookie

BOO!!!!!

hopefully Arona does make it to the UFC so that Shogun vs Arona II takes place and we can settle this

Posted by Rush

He probably wants one or two tune up fights. It's been a while since he has fought and of his last 4 fights he has lost 3 of them. I think for the sake of his confidence and career, he shouldn't jump into fighting top 10 guys right away.

i agree that i think he needs 1 or 2 tune up fights, but he hasn't lost 3 of his last 4. he is 2-2 with wins of Wandy and OVereem and losses to Wandy (SD) and Soko
Pookie
10/9/08 1:07:47PM

i agree that i think he needs 1 or 2 tune up fights, but he hasn't lost 3 of his last 4. he is 2-2 with wins of Wandy and OVereem and losses to Wandy (SD) and Soko

Didnt Arona fight Shogun in the finals after beating Wanderlei that night? Wasnt Shogun his 4rth fight ago? Or did the Wandy fight really happen after the shogun fight the same night?

I looke don sherdog and they have the Wandy fight happening after, it just doesnt make sense to me.
cmill21
10/9/08 1:35:06PM

Posted by Pookie

Didnt Arona fight Shogun in the finals after beating Wanderlei that night? Wasnt Shogun his 4rth fight ago? Or did the Wandy fight really happen after the shogun fight the same night?

I looke don sherdog and they have the Wandy fight happening after, it just doesnt make sense to me.

He beat Wand in the tourney, then shogun demolished him, then Wand fought him for his title and then he fought soko.
Pookie
10/9/08 1:38:07PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pookie

He beat Wand in the tourney, then shogun demolished him, then Wand fought him for his title and then he fought soko.

Sokoudjou, Alistair, Wand, Shogun, Wand... cool that makes sense, i think sherdog just has a typo or something.
jiujitsufreak74
10/9/08 3:23:39PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pookie

ah, thanks for the correction. i figured it was weird that Rush would slip up like that...i guess i was the one who was mistaken
Rush
10/9/08 5:23:33PM

ah, thanks for the correction. i figured it was weird that Rush would slip up like that...i guess i was the one who was mistaken

I checked before I posted because I didn't think it was that bad either.