Ricardo Almeida vs. Mike Pyle Targeted for UFC 128

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ricardo Almeida vs. Mike Pyle Targeted for UFC 128
pmoney
12/25/10 11:17:13AM
A welterweight bout between local favorite Ricardo Almeida and Mike Pyle is slated for UFC 128 in Newark, NJ, MMA Fighting learned through sources close to the fight.

UFC 128 is expected to take place March 19 at the Prudential Center, headlined by Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Rashad Evans for the UFC light heavyweight title.

Article
FastKnockout
12/25/10 3:04:03PM
I don't like underestimating someone like Almeida but I think this is Pyle's fight to lose. Almeida has the jui-jitsu but I think Pyle will just be too powerful for him. I can see Pyle managing a TKO with ground and pound sometime in the second round.
SamPan
12/25/10 4:22:13PM
I agree. Pyle will probably be the underdog betting, but he's one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC. Pyle UD
Twenty20Dollars
12/25/10 4:55:17PM
I think Ricardo will be bigger and control Pyle for UD.

But started to become a semi-fan of Pyle after the hathaway win but not on the bandwagon yet.
prozacnation1978
12/25/10 9:41:06PM
Good fight
Bjj will cancel each other out
Pyle has better striking
Doubt whole fight will bestanding
If pyle fights same way like he did against hathaway
He should win by ud
Pyle will be underdog but a good wager bet
icantthinkofanything
12/27/10 11:32:00AM
I see Pyle having the advantage standing, I would agree that bjj will cancel out, but I think Ricardo will hold Pyle down for the victory.

gartface
12/27/10 11:50:42AM
Ummmm since when is Mike Pyle's BJJ on the same level? His submission offense is good, but his defense isn't that great. I think Ricardo will dominate him and end up choking him out.
babalu46
12/28/10 8:53:44AM

Posted by gartface

Ummmm since when is Mike Pyle's BJJ on the same level? His submission offense is good, but his defense isn't that great. I think Ricardo will dominate him and end up choking him out.

This is pretty much exactly what i was going to post
gartface
12/28/10 9:19:09AM

Posted by babalu46

Posted by gartface

This is pretty much exactly what i was going to post

Dude can't defend a rear naked choke to save his life.