Who should Ricardo Almeida fight next?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who should Ricardo Almeida fight next?
POLL: Next fight?
Nate Marquardt (rematch) 12% (3)
Jason MacDonald 23% (6)
Wilson Gouveia 4% (1)
Kendall Grove 19% (5)
Martin Kampmann 35% (9)
Alan Belcher 8% (2)
mentalcase
10/25/08 6:04:13PM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
tuvok500
10/25/08 6:10:07PM
I would like to see him facing Maia !! would be an insane ground fight !!

Aaronno9
10/25/08 6:14:45PM
The problem when you put two good grapplers together is that the fight generally wont go to the ground, and it just ends up being a pretty poor slugfest. Id like to see him fight mcdonald though, would be an interesting fight to see where both guys are at.
tuvok500
10/25/08 6:21:24PM

Posted by Aaronno9

The problem when you put two good grapplers together is that the fight generally wont go to the ground, and it just ends up being a pretty poor slugfest. Id like to see him fight mcdonald though, would be an interesting fight to see where both guys are at.

Well they just have to pay the fighters to NOT STAND !!! LOL where are you Shaw ??

juanez13
10/25/08 6:30:47PM
I'd like to see him get matched up against Martin Kampman, I think the fight makes sense right now, and would be a good fight. Or maybe Sakara if they want him to get back on track.
Aaronno9
10/25/08 6:33:00PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Aaronno9

Well they just have to pay the fighters to NOT STAND !!! LOL where are you Shaw ??

CwB
10/25/08 8:27:07PM

Posted by juanez13

I'd like to see him get matched up against Martin Kampman, I think the fight makes sense right now, and would be a good fight. Or maybe Sakara if they want him to get back on track.

I am hoping that kampman drops to welterweight so i dont want to see that happen.

I think macdonald would be a good test for him, to see if he is a true top ten middleweight
juanez13
10/25/08 8:40:38PM

Posted by CwB

Posted by juanez13

I am hoping that kampman drops to welterweight so i dont want to see that happen.

I think macdonald would be a good test for him, to see if he is a true top ten middleweight

Truth. Now i remember the rumors that came after his loss to Marquardt about possibly dropping to WW. No complaints from me, the kid is talented, and i wish him nothing but the best.
copcopps
10/25/08 9:12:57PM
Jason Macdonald, so Macdonald can lose

I don't like MacDonald
Twenty20Dollars
10/25/08 9:58:52PM
I voted for Macdonald. I would root for jason if he fought ricardo. I actually think jason is pretty cool cus he called out bisping.

Or Ricardo could face Kendall, to see which guy is going to move up closer to being a contender.
SpiderSilva
10/26/08 1:19:16AM
I say give him a can not this guy

higdon10
10/26/08 2:22:13AM
Thales Leites
GrandMaster313
10/26/08 2:26:24AM

Posted by Aaronno9

u kinda stole my thunder on this one ! would make a great fight i think.
higdon10
10/26/08 2:27:33AM
What about Robbie Lawler
Budgellism
10/26/08 1:00:11PM
I'd like to see him fight Marquardt.

These guys are both very talented and up there in the MW rankings. I think Marquardt would take it, but it would be a good test to see if he's ready for a rematch with Silva.

Put Almeida against Marquardt then the winner fights someone like Cote or Okami or something.