SO I just rewatched Friday the 13th 2.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » SO I just rewatched Friday the 13th 2.
Naturaldisaster
2/3/09 2:20:48AM
I havent seen it in forever. But is it just me or did Jason look short as hell in the movie? I in the other movies when he has the Mask and everything he looks enormous. But in 2 he looks small and gets the **** beat out of him. I didnt remember it until i saw last night
DCRage
2/3/09 7:30:12AM
There's another one coming out next week-On Friday The 13th of course. Obviously I have no interest in seeing it but naturally will be curious to see how they handle (botch?) Jason this time.
pv3Hpv3p
2/3/09 10:19:06AM

Posted by DCRage

There's another one coming out next week-On Friday The 13th of course. Obviously I have no interest in seeing it but naturally will be curious to see how they handle (botch?) Jason this time.

I'll give it a chance... Rob Zombie did a great job on the Holloween remake... I think he's got a shot at doing this one justice
Boo_Radley21
2/3/09 12:46:48PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by DCRage

I'll give it a chance... Rob Zombie did a great job on the Holloween remake... I think he's got a shot at doing this one justice

Was it Rob Zombie who made this one? I thought it was the guy who made Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but hell yea Zombie did a good job of Halloween, and I will see this movie regardless of who made it.
DCRage
2/3/09 12:59:20PM
According to IMDB, no. This one's Michael Bay-produced. Zombie had no role whatsoever. Although...*checking cast* one Willa Ford can be seen in the film. Remember her?
FrankTheTank1181
2/3/09 10:57:18PM
If I remember right, in this new movie Jason runs and jumps out from behind doors stuff, not his usual determined looking walk.
Shawn91111
2/3/09 11:17:13PM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

If I remember right, in this new movie Jason runs and jumps out from behind doors stuff, not his usual determined looking walk.

Yea when I saw the trailers, I was like wait a second Jason doesnt run. Now he is running and jumping thats just unfair. If he ever learns a ground game its all over.
pv3Hpv3p
2/4/09 9:33:14AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by DCRage

Was it Rob Zombie who made this one? I thought it was the guy who made Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but hell yea Zombie did a good job of Halloween, and I will see this movie regardless of who made it.

My fault... I don't know where I heard that... I guess it was Marcus Nispel (??) the guy who did, like you mentioned, Halloween and also Pathfinder... Don't know what to think now
cowcatcher
2/4/09 11:07:36AM
i cant remember if it was part 2 or 3 but there was a black couple that ended up getting killed early but they were singing this song that goes "ooo ooo baby oooooo baby" that is F'N hilarious. every time i call a couple of my old friends from when i was a kid i sing it over the phone and we start cracking up.
big_timmy
2/7/09 1:14:41PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by DCRage

I am a huge horor movie fan, and especially the old classics. Zombies verson of Helloween was crud in all aspects. Why did Michael have to be a tortured kid? Can't it just be that he was born evil like in the original? know he had the curse of that rune on him, but still, cant he just be that, and not have a reason to kill everyone? Why does Zombie think that making girls scream for their lives make us care about them? It doesnt my good sir! And it dragged on soooooooooooooo long. In the original, the greatest sign off ever, "Was that the boogy man?" "As a matter of fact, it was." but instead, in Zombies film, they continue on for a ridiculous amount of time. **** that.

AS for remaking perfect films, why remake Friday the 13th? Sure the sequels were absolute dildos, but you dont fix what aint broke.

Would you remake Se7en? Citizen kane? Rear Window? The Godfather? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!