My Revelation on Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » My Revelation on Anderson Silva
RMFG_187
10/30/09 10:03:20PM
Ok here it goes.

Up until recently, I really disliked Anderson as a person and a fighter. He came off as someone who is really cocky, but knows how to fight this great sport to perfection. I always talked down on him, never gave him credit other than he was the best MW in the world. I didnt have him in top 5 on P4P list, I didn't even think he was a great sportsman.

But recently have been looking into him with a different perspective. He is the single greatest athlete in the world. The guys speed, agility, footwork, head movement, reaction time, mental game, & hand speed are the best I have ever seen. The guy is 10 steps ahead at all times, never gets hit, never loses a round(okay maybe that 1 round) and always finishes the fight. 1000 years from now fighters at the top of there game will be compared to him, and use him as a bench mark, a bench mark that won't and can't be easily passed. He is the single most Complete fighter in the world, and is that 1 in a Billion case where the perfect Human, does the perfect thing meant for him. The guy is tailor made to be a Mixed Martial artist.

Don't get me wrong, I still have Fedor as the best in the world at the moment, but Anderson Silva is something else. Fedor has the mystic surrounding him, and is a complete fighter himself with excellent Sambo, Judo, JiuJitsu and striking skills. But Anderson is just on a different level.

Now I am about to post a statement that I will never repeat about anyone, any team, anything ever again. It will get some people angry or outright not agreeing with me but here it goes.

Anderson Will NEVER I mean NEVER lose another fight again. He will Finish everyone of his opponents, and make it known that he is the next step in the evolution of the Human.

Edit: Anyone who agrees or disagrees, I wanna hear your thoughts, especially the Anderson haters out there. Don't be shy, I use to be one
RMFG_187
10/30/09 10:18:30PM
And in Light of my revelation, I have changed my Avatar and profile Gif to Support him.

WAR ANDERSON
mshalosky
10/30/09 10:35:33PM

Anderson Will NEVER I mean NEVER lose another fight again. He will Finish everyone of his opponents, and make it known that he is the next step in the evolution of the Human.

Thats because the ufc didnt resign hendo the only real person with a chance at beating him right now at middleweight. I think a few guys a lightheavy could beat him.
higdon10
10/30/09 10:41:15PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Thats pretty bold my friend.

Aaronno9
10/30/09 10:50:43PM
He might loose a round, or not finish a fight. But id agree that, at LHW or HW, Anderson wont loose a fight.
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/30/09 10:56:01PM
Ok, I am not going to disagree with you on the skills of Anderson Silva. He is one of the greatest fighters of all time. There is no doubt in my mind that when he is focused, he can take out anyone at anytime.

That being said, me and you have both done a 180. Eight months ago I had Andy in my top 10 favorite fighters list on this site. But now, it seems that everything that comes out of his mouth is negative. When I heard what the translation to the crowd up in Montreal was, it kinda pissed me off. I want to like this dude again, but he gives his opinion when it shouldn't really matter. He is the champion. He should fight whoever is put in front of him as long as it isn't a teammate. If they want Belfort to fight him, then he needs to fight him. The same goes for Nate and Dan. He doesn't think Shogun deserved to fight Lyoto? Too bad. It's not his call.

As far as him never getting beat again, that may not be the case. I vaguely remember a recent news article on this site that had Anderson saying that he realizes he could get beat by a great jiu jitsu guy. I give him props for coming out and being truthful about that. Other than that though, I feel that his arrogance overshadows what an amazing fighter he truly is.

That's pretty much my opinion on the guy. I'm not trying to **** on yours. Everyone has different reasons on why they pick certain fighters as their favorites. I love fighters that entertain, but I also love fighters who are humble and respectful. The guys that show class in and out of the cage. Great thread and props for putting your opinion out there like you did.
jae_1833
10/30/09 11:45:12PM
And upon creation of this thread you have permanantly lost all chances of ever being in the "Nuthuggers Suck" camp!
Aether
10/31/09 1:16:10AM
WOW.

A little excessive there. lol. Anderson is clearly an amazing fighter and far and away the best MW but come on man. Perfect human? People will be compared to him for a THOUSAND YEARS?

LOL. Take it easy.
ChokeUout
10/31/09 1:37:53AM
Damn dude...Silva's my favorite fighter by far...but seriously, your making ME blush....

I'd say he's lost 3 rounds: THe first rounds against both Lutter and Hendo, and the second round against leites.

I'd agree that he'll never be the underdog in any of his fights, and I don't see him losing. I think he's better than any 205, 185, or 170 pounder in MMA. But I think calling him the perfect human is going a tad far....

But hey, to each their own...I agree on most of your post except the part where you seem to want to build a temple to him and pay him homage

I'm happy to see silva getting the love he deserves though. Lots of people been hating on the spider as of late.
Hendo67
10/31/09 2:56:14AM
I'm off and on about Anderson Silva, I really enjoy watching him...but it seems like he can come off as well, arrogant and very self centered. The thing is with Anderson, for me ...whenever he fights i want to see him lose, and lose convincingly, however when he's performing at his best i really enjoy watching him compete.

I do see a weakness with Anderson and it's his takedown defense, to me it's nothing special and when you have him on his back he's not that great. I know Joe Rogan and Goldberg like to say "HE'S SO GOOD ON THE GROUND, VERY VERY GOOD" But i don't see this, i think had Hendo stuck to the game plan he would have grinded out a decision due to gnp... It seemed like Anderson was easy for Lutter to take down, didn't he take him down with a simple ankle pick?.. I honestly don't think Anderson has faced the best fighters in the world yet, and don't tell me James Irvin, Forrest Griffin and Thales Leites are the best in the world, because they're not. Irvin's fighting style fit so well into Andersons style, same with Forrests. Let Anderson fight TOP TIER competetion.

I don't know, i'm on and off about him, i don't think he's the best, i think Fedor is the best and when someone exposes him i'll think differently, but i do think Anderson is ONE of the best.
RMFG_187
10/31/09 3:11:50AM

Posted by ChokeUout

I agree on most of your post except the part where you seem to want to build a temple to him and pay him homage

hahahaha, its just I never looked at him in that light, now that I have, I see he was born to be MW champ of the world, and maybe LHW champ of the world soon.
PABLOMAFIOSO
10/31/09 7:19:55AM

Posted by jae_1833

And upon creation of this thread you have permanantly lost all chances of ever being in the "Nuthuggers Suck" camp!

1daveufc
10/31/09 9:12:09AM

Posted by Aaronno9

He might loose a round, or not finish a fight. But id agree that, at LHW or HW, Anderson wont loose a fight.

HW??? one word LESNAR
prozacnation1978
10/31/09 10:07:20AM
i honestly think the spider will fall some time in 2010
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/31/09 12:19:41PM
Jackelope
10/31/09 1:25:27PM
He is by far the best MW in the world, but by no means do I feel he's invincible. He still lacks a serious wrestling game. Break it down whichever way you want and you can clearly see that. No one is complete, and no one is unbeatable. As soon as you think you are that's when it all comes crashing down around you. That has been Anderson's downfall of the past year or so. Pride comes just before the fall.

It's only a matter of time with Anderson. Same with any other fighter.
RMFG_187
10/31/09 5:09:41PM
He does lack wrestling ability, but in my recollection he has only been taken down 3 in the UFC, and 2 were in 1 fight where he finished it off his back, the next fight was hendo, where he reversed a takedown and ended on top.

Anderson has 2 very key variables on his side almost everysingle time he fights.

They're 5 rounders
&
Every round begins in the standup.

He has only ever been in trouble once, that was againt Lutter, no one knows how he got mount, but he didn't hold it and couldn't finish it.

Hendo did take him down and control him, but all he did was a Maurice Smith hand over the mouth (Which is now illegal) and he was stuck in a weird half guard position that didn't get him anywhere. And we all saw what happend in the next round. that first 30 seconds of round 2 was a standup clinic.
SpiderSilva
10/31/09 6:34:22PM
Lets look at this one of Lutters takedowns a jumping knee to the head that missed if connected it would have ended the fight 2nd seemed like Silva wasnt defending the takedown and he won from his back and for everyone who says Hendo would beat him in a rematch with GnP well he took Silva down in the fist and Silva made Hendos GnP obsolete Hendo didnt do anything there in the 2nd Rd Hendo did the worst thing you could do trade with Silva and he almost got KOed which led to the Sub. Everyone can hate him all they want but they sure love to watch him destroy someone and Im sure he said the things he did to the Canadians cause they booed him

Silva is the best 185 and 205 fighter in the world he could pick apart any 205er out there even Machita(his buddy) few people can dominate 2 weight classes.

Silva and Fedor are the greatest MMA fighters to date
CwB
11/1/09 7:07:50PM
I have never been a fan or a hater, but I love watching him fight.

I thought he would lose soon too until i saw his absolute destruction of Forrest Griffin, but now i dont see anyone beating him at MW or LHW, especially if he retires in the next two years...

Anderson Silva has looked more impressive then any other fighter in the world, since coming to the UFC. He has left me awe struck a couple times...

But I still WANT TO SEE GSP vs ANDY SILVA, no matter what everyone else says.
Lord_Lenny
11/1/09 7:15:18PM
anderson is a highly engineered alien cyborg sent to humiliate humanity's greatest warriors
sbulldavid
11/7/09 9:10:46PM
I don't really like Silva anymore, but I don't see anybody that matches up with him maybe Mousasi in another year, GSP is probably his most difficult match-up. I've always been a Shogun guy but I think Shogun would have problems with Silva's hand speed.
tomp6581
11/9/09 11:29:53AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Brilliant
TOMMYAYO05
11/10/09 1:54:39AM
Thats really funny he was my favorite or one of my favorites but,now i get this sense that hes really cocky and now hes saying who should get to fight him and who shouldnt?dude just needs to shut up and do his job.He is still great and i see noone beating him anytime soon he will retire on top.Silva goes up to 215,Fedor drops a little?Thats the fight id love to see.
Macheetah
11/10/09 2:56:42PM
I agree with you, Silva and Machida are years ahead of the game and I don't see them losing the rest of their career's. Best fighters in MMA.
Violentcuv
11/10/09 5:05:35PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i honestly think the spider will fall some time in 2010

I'm with you. I think Anderson is a great fighter and is on the elite level with few other fighters out there now but someone in his next 5 or 6 upcoming fights will catch him.