UFC Reveals Security Steps Taken To Protect Chael Sonnen In Brazil

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Reveals Security Steps Taken To Protect Chael Sonnen In Brazil
FastKnockout
4/26/12 1:24:16PM
The UFC had to abandon plans to book UFC Middleweight champ Anderson Silva defending his title against Chael Sonnen in a Brazilian stadium due to logistical issues involving hotel room shortages due to a UN conference. That might not be such a bad thing, for the UFC security team that is since apparently just bringing Sonnen into the country for a press conference is a serious security challenge.

The wise-cracking Sonnen, who gave Silva the toughest fight of his UFC career at UFC 117, certainly knows how to piss off Brazilian fans. He's made a long series of semi-racist remarks about the alleged primitive state of the country, made endless jokes at the expense of the Nogueira brothers and other Brazilian stars and continues to push his luck at every opportunity.

Sonnen and Silva will now meet in the headliner of UFC 148 in Las Vegas. UFC 147 will remain in Brazil, although the promotion is still working to secure a venue. UFC Featherweight champ Jose Aldo vs. Erik Koch is expected to headline that event with a co-main of Ultimate Fighter Brazil coaches Vitor Belfort vs. Wanderlei Silva.

LINK
airkerma
4/26/12 1:37:49PM
The Rock, Vin Diesel, and Chael Sonnen walk into a bar in Brazil together...wait...has anyone heard this one yet?
Chael_Sonnen
4/26/12 2:46:47PM
Chael doesn't need security.....security needs Chael.
KungFuMaster
4/26/12 3:15:58PM

Posted by airkerma

The Rock, Vin Diesel, and Chael Sonnen walk into a bar in Brazil together...wait...has anyone heard this one yet?

And?
KingCmb
4/26/12 3:33:42PM
Ironically they had Paulo thiago be his lead security guard in brazil
tcunningham
4/26/12 5:00:41PM
"He's made a long series of semi-racist remarks about the alleged primitive state of the country-"

not sure if i heard any semi-racist remarks. he didnt say anything about the color of their skin. i guess some people interpret things different. he did say a ton of bad shit about the country of Brazil though. i still think the things he said were hilarious, as bad as they are
BigBadAl
4/27/12 11:57:57AM

Posted by tcunningham

"He's made a long series of semi-racist remarks about the alleged primitive state of the country-"

not sure if i heard any semi-racist remarks. he didnt say anything about the color of their skin. i guess some people interpret things different. he did say a ton of bad shit about the country of Brazil though. i still think the things he said were hilarious, as bad as they are

Racism isn't just about skin colour though. Anyway, I didn't hear anything that I would deem semi-racist from Chael. I too found them hilarious and if similar things were said about my country I would still find it hilarious. Then I would give back as good as I got. Some people need to lighten up.