Reveal your secrets, playground.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Reveal your secrets, playground.
KungFuMaster
9/20/11 11:29:33PM
How do you guys get 19,000 from one event? Do you simply parlay the biggest underdogs and hang on for dear life? I am baffled. I carefully calculated and brainstormed my wagers while smoke comes out of my ears only to earn a measly 500.

Tell me how you guys do it? There must be a secret.
Chael_Sonnen
9/20/11 11:30:49PM
Bet on the good fighters
Pookie
9/21/11 12:04:57AM
If you make 500 every event over a season, you still have 6000. Which is about top 100 every season.
Shawn91111
9/21/11 12:28:26AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

How do you guys get 19,000 from one event? Do you simply parlay the biggest underdogs and hang on for dear life? I am baffled. I carefully calculated and brainstormed my wagers while smoke comes out of my ears only to earn a measly 500.

Tell me how you guys do it? There must be a secret.

Take a look at the people who are getting $19,000 on the first event, look at their betting history and you will see why they once in a blue moon strike it rich with their always betting on huge underdogs.

Unless your name is Tuvok who just bets on anything GSP related.

The formula should be camp driven as wagers play a huge part in how a fight camp is ranked. You have a few people betting on underdogs and losing huge amounts of money, then they shouldnt be in your camp

Id also rather earn $500 than lose half my bankroll on the first event.
Twenty20Dollars
9/21/11 12:30:11AM
And here I was ready to reveal some secrets when I read the title....

LuckyCharms
9/21/11 1:02:28AM
Tell me about . I was ready to tell everyone about this one time on my 21st birthday, How I almost slept with a transexual but since it not. I'll kept to myself along with my therapist
Pookie
9/21/11 1:21:44AM

Posted by LuckyCharms

Tell me about . I was ready to tell everyone about this one time on my 21st birthday, How I almost slept with a transexual but since it not. I'll kept to myself along with my therapist

Yeah, thats totally normal. It's not like you were the one who invited it over to your apartment. How were you to know? It's your 21st birthday, your friends should be watching your back damnit.
Poor_Franklin
9/21/11 1:30:28AM
never fall for ufc's hype
UFC_Fanatic
9/21/11 1:55:48AM
I've never made that kinda fantasy cash on wagers, hell, but any time that I've made any decent cash at all on wagers, it's when I take educated and calculated wagers on underdogs. I try to make a few modest wagers in my parlay for guys that are as close to -100 or so as I can find that I feel are as close to a guarantee as one can get in MMA, then I bet on the underdog that I believe has the best chance of winning based on the stylistic match up and start watching past fights if I can find them, and if I think the under dog's style is a bad match up for the favorite then I bet on him for my last parlay. Basically I take a few chances on under dogs that I feel has better than a puncher's chance of winning based on the stylistic match ups.
FastKnockout
9/21/11 2:31:09AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

never fall for ufc's hype

I've been suckered by the hype machine known as the UFC more times then I can count.
Theoutlaw08
9/21/11 11:41:37AM
Put big bucks on a fur sure parlay. I think it works best if you take two forsure things and then a mid to long shot, and put like 500 to 1000 on it
KungFuMaster
9/21/11 12:07:29PM
There is a strategy for coming out on top. I think I have cracked the code and sadly I cannot reveal it here. As you can see, I am not a good picker but I am a decent wagerer and I think I will do much better for this season than the last. I wish I can give away the secret by laying out the blue print for all to see but I have sworn oath to ECP to keep all secrets from its enemies.
Shawn91111
9/21/11 5:23:59PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

There is a strategy for coming out on top. I think I have cracked the code and sadly I cannot reveal it here. As you can see, I am not a good picker but I am a decent wagerer and I think I will do much better for this season than the last. I wish I can give away the secret by laying out the blue print for all to see but I have sworn oath to ECP to keep all secrets from its enemies.

Id worry about my pick% than wagers at this point if I were you.
Poor_Franklin
9/21/11 5:40:14PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Id worry about my pick% than wagers at this point if I were you.

ouch
KungFuMaster
9/21/11 6:02:11PM
Shawn, you have to work on your timing. I already admitted I am a bad picker. It could have been gold. It really could have....
Pookie
9/23/11 4:29:57AM
Don't put someone in your parlay if they're at -300 or worse. In the long run it'll almost always bite you in the ass if you make a habit of it.
KungFuMaster
10/8/11 2:23:48PM
There goes playing it safe. I was messing with my wagers to see what the potential earnings for parlaying huge underdogs were - I guess I am locked on Miocic, Garcia, and Massenzio for a potential loss of $3000 and a potential gain of $69,000.

The good news is I kept my $4,000 bet on Miocic so if he wins, I break even.
KungFuMaster
10/8/11 5:56:45PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

There goes playing it safe. I was messing with my wagers to see what the potential earnings for parlaying huge underdogs were - I guess I am locked on Miocic, Garcia, and Massenzio for a potential loss of $3000 and a potential gain of $69,000.

Now that I had some time to think about it, it not a bad bet after all. The risk is worth it. *crosses fingers*
Shawn91111
10/8/11 11:47:59PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by KungFuMaster

Now that I had some time to think about it, it not a bad bet after all. The risk is worth it. *crosses fingers*

$3,000 which is a little less than half your bankroll on a +310 underdog even if the line was out of whack, and over $4,000 on a newcomer. Big risk imo
Pookie
10/9/11 1:17:17AM
There were lots of good underdogs to bet on that card.

Garcia was not one of them
KungFuMaster
10/30/11 1:30:14AM
Forget trying to catch the leaders. The leader is at $600,000 and I am sitting here with $30,000. I guess if you want to win, you have to go for all or nothing.
emfleek
10/30/11 8:30:19AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Forget trying to catch the leaders. The leader is at $600,000 and I am sitting here with $30,000. I guess if you want to win, you have to go for all or nothing.

For the most part, that's how a lot of guys are. If you bet big every time, you're bound to hit it big at some point. Even DCRage (former mod) hit a big parlay every once in a blue moon when he would parlay 3 dogs.
Shawn91111
11/1/11 12:04:13AM
I wouldnt worry about being in first for wagers. I worry more that I make smart bets that doesnt cost my fight camp a slip in the rankings.
Kpro
11/1/11 4:40:11AM

Posted by Shawn91111

I wouldnt worry about being in first for wagers. I worry more that I make smart bets that doesnt cost my fight camp a slip in the rankings.

Same, I'll never in my life win a top wagers badge because of the role wagers play in camp rankings.
Pookie
11/1/11 4:43:57AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Shawn91111

Same, I'll never in my life win a top wagers badge because of the role wagers play in camp rankings.

We are the 10,000 club. Hear our Roar.