"The Rev" James Owen Sullivan, drummer for Avenged Sevenfold, found dead...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » "The Rev" James Owen Sullivan, drummer for Avenged Sevenfold, found dead...
emfleek
12/29/09 10:05:08AM
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. - The drummer with Avenged Sevenfold, a rising force in the heavy metal scene, died on Monday at his home in southern California, the group and authorities said.

James Owen Sullivan, nicknamed "The Rev," appeared to have died of natural causes, Huntington Beach police Lt. John Domingo said. He was 28.

LINK

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I find it hard to believe that a 28-year old died of natural causes. It's such a rarity when it comes to celebrity deaths. We'll have to wait for the autopsy and toxicology reports to come out before we find out for sure what the cause of death was.
cowcatcher
12/29/09 11:09:14AM
this is my 15 year old sons favorite band, and for a kid his age this kind of thing sucks. ive listened to them and they are fantastic musicians even if they arent my favorite genre. he was way too young, RIP.
karn501
12/29/09 12:23:14PM
man that sux amazing band really good drummer
postman
12/29/09 3:56:48PM
What natural causes are there for a 28 year old to die from?
RyanC
12/29/09 4:52:56PM

Posted by postman

What natural causes are there for a 28 year old to die from?

It's possible he had an undiagnosed heart condition or something like that. I'm going to guess drug useage even if it was in the past had some influence on his death. I guess drugs or not it really doesn't matter how he died.

Really too bad though. This happens all too often. A young, talented life cut short. Hollywood and the music business are a dangerous place to live. Once you've "made it" there will be someone at every party you go to ready to give you whatever you want, and there are always people with their hands out. Once they hook you in it's very hard to come back. Drug/alcohol addiction is a bad place to be.

RIP James.
Hendo67
1/2/10 1:08:19PM
Pretty shocking to me, i used to be a big fan of this band a while ago, still am to an extent. Saw them live back in 06, very, very talented drummer. That whole band however had their demons, it's unfortunate that he had passed away, especially at such a young age.

The Rev "Greatest quote of all time"

It's going to be interesting to see how this band goes about their music, they're all best friends and it's unfortunate.

RIP, Rev.
Dime and James will be playing a nice riff up there.
The_Metal_Maniac
1/3/10 11:40:50PM
One of the best drummers out today, and a leading songwriter for Avenged. Pretty sad if drug usage was part of the reason he left so early.