Retire from life? Maybe, but UFC 148's Griffin won't retire from fighting after Ortiz

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Retire from life? Maybe, but UFC 148's Griffin won't retire from fighting after Ortiz
prophecy033
7/5/12 11:04:53PM
If Forrest Griffin (18-7 MMA, 9-5 UFC) is anything, he's a creature of habit, whether that habit is self-loathing, sarcasm or training.

The former two have endeared the former light heavyweight champ to fans since his win on "The Ultimate Fighter 1." The latter has kept him going after setbacks, and will keep him going after he fights former champ Tito Ortiz (16-10-1 MMA, 15-10-1 UFC) at UFC 148.

"I like training camps," Griffin said today. "You've got to get out of bed and do something, and wrestling around with dudes is what I want to do."

The subject of retirement was in the air today during a Q&A session in support of UFC 148, which takes place Saturday at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas (main-card fights air on pay-per-view while prelims air on FX). The co-main event between Griffin and Ortiz serves not only as a rubber match but also as Ortiz's retirement fight.

Link
Boo_Radley21
7/6/12 10:04:47AM
Forrest should be a coach
TKDMichael
7/6/12 10:20:58AM
I want Forrest to beat Tito. BTW, Retire from Life? Is that supposed to mean suicide(I'm Joking)