UFC 98 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 98 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
EvenFlow
5/24/09 12:23:45AM
so nobody has a working stream?

MMAcca
5/24/09 12:24:14AM
R1: The fighter start out cautious like expected. They are both testing the distance and looking to find their range. Evans misses a low kick as Machida starts to stalk him. Neither fighter is committing to much until Machdia lands a punch. Evans misses with a hook as Machida stalks him. Machida lands a body kick and then a staright punch as Evans comes in. Evans seems to be having a hard time with Machida's karate stance. They clinch breifly only to seperate. Machida drops Evans with a punch and follows up but Evans survives and gets back to his feet. Machida goes for a head kcik as Evans circles around. The round ends with the fighters stalking one another. MMAWeekly scores the round 10-9 for Machida
Jimbo
5/24/09 12:25:05AM
awesome, first machida chant ive ever heard
Jimbo
5/24/09 12:26:19AM

Posted by EvenFlow

so nobody has a working stream?

this is working at the moment

http://atdhe.net/7207/watch-ufc-98
grappler0000
5/24/09 12:28:15AM
Jimbo
5/24/09 12:28:22AM
WOOOOOW that was brutal!!!!
MMAcca
5/24/09 12:28:34AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scoozna
5/24/09 12:28:36AM
WOW!!!
Chuteboxer
5/24/09 12:29:08AM
HE HAS DONE IT
ncordless
5/24/09 12:29:23AM
Holy flurry Batman!
CanadianCripplr
5/24/09 12:29:47AM
WoW...Ive been wanting him to get KTFO for a long time now
EvenFlow
5/24/09 12:29:55AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT- Shawn, gspfan will have to av ready soon
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/24/09 12:30:08AM
YESSSSS WARR MACHIDA!!!!!!!!!!
DCRage
5/24/09 12:30:26AM
HAHAHA, Team Machida vs. Team Rampage on TUF 10! It's Dana's nightmare, a "boring" Champion! I love it, great finish.

Some prelims should be coming up for those who stick around. Otherwise, good night, and good luck.
MMAcca
5/24/09 12:31:25AM
Lyoto 'The Dragon' Machida.

Enough said.
StriderXero
5/24/09 12:35:09AM
As Anderson Silva said, "the LHW tite belongs to Lyoto"
Chazz
5/24/09 12:35:38AM
can i get a blow for blow on the ko?
MMAcca
5/24/09 12:37:13AM

Posted by Chazz

PBP from MMA Weekly:

R2: Evans starts the round with a step in his feet as Machida stalks him. A lot feinting between the fighters as they look for their openings. They clinch up for a bit but seperate quickly. Machida lands a low kick as he stalks Evans. Machida lands a combination and Evans returns fire but can't touch him. The fight slows done as they continue to stalk one another. Machida drops Evans with an uppercut and pounces on him. Evans surviving the barrage of punches and gets back to his feet. Machida landing at will on the feet and Evans is trying to stay alive. Machida lands a huge left hook and knocks Evans out cold.

Lyoto Machida def. Rashad Evans by KO at 3:57, R2.
ncordless
5/24/09 12:38:13AM

Posted by Chazz

It was like watching snakes fight. They danced around for awhile... then all of a sudden there was a blur as both fighters started attacking in a flurry after Machida made intial contact... when it was over Rashad was in a crumpled heap next to the cage.
Aaronno9
5/24/09 12:38:23AM
Holy ****.

Seriously. How is anybody going to beat this dude? That was brutal.
Chazz
5/24/09 12:40:08AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Chazz

PBP from MMA Weekly:

R2: Evans starts the round with a step in his feet as Machida stalks him. A lot feinting between the fighters as they look for their openings. They clinch up for a bit but seperate quickly. Machida lands a low kick as he stalks Evans. Machida lands a combination and Evans returns fire but can't touch him. The fight slows done as they continue to stalk one another. Machida drops Evans with an uppercut and pounces on him. Evans surviving the barrage of punches and gets back to his feet. Machida landing at will on the feet and Evans is trying to stay alive. Machida lands a huge left hook and knocks Evans out cold.

Lyoto Machida
def. Rashad Evans by KO at 3:57, R2.

Thanks man i lost my stream at the end of round one.
mentalcase
5/24/09 12:40:16AM
machida will anderson silva the LHW division
ncordless
5/24/09 12:40:42AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Holy ****.

Seriously. How is anybody going to beat this dude? That was brutal.

Let's hope that Anderson and Machida have a falling out.
scoozna
5/24/09 12:40:50AM
He ended it with the left, but the big looping right damn near took Evans' head off.
Aaronno9
5/24/09 12:40:56AM

Posted by Chuteboxer

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Chuteboxer

Glad to see the man's won a fight finally. It's his last one, I'm sure. At least he went out on a win.

Not according to him. He pretty much just confirmed hes going to have at least 1 more fight.

I think the decision was legit. Hughes won the stand up in the 3rd, and had more top control, and he won the second no doubt. The only reason Serra won the 1st was becouse of the headbutt.

Who do you think he's gonna fight? You think he's gonna wait to see if Thiago beats GSP, and if not, try to rematch him?

I think hes going to try and rematch Thaigo regardless of the GSP outcome. Goldie mentioned something about him blowing the ligiments in his legs for the first fight with Thiago, I had no idea that happened. A second fight would still be interesting imo, see whether Matt get drag him to the mat when hes not injured.
mkiv9secsupra
5/24/09 12:41:23AM
Cant wait for Forrest to fight him! Vera could pose a serious threat as well if he makes a run.....but wow.... BRUTAL!!!!
MMAcca
5/24/09 12:45:38AM
Vera is no threat to anybody's title, at any weight class imo.
mkiv9secsupra
5/24/09 12:56:36AM

Posted by MMAcca

Vera is no threat to anybody's title, at any weight class imo.

Vera is a better kickboxer than Lyoto, which is the only way the fight would go down. Couple that with Vera having a massive reach advantage, it is Vera's fight to lose. I doubt he will ever get the title shot....BUT if he does i will pick him in a heartbeat
mkiv9secsupra
5/24/09 12:57:53AM
Anyone know when the site will be updated?! I want to know how i did!!!
Franklinfan47
5/24/09 1:01:15AM
Finished 6-5 with 47 points. I should be pissed but all I can say is WAR LYOTO I'd say that was one of the best KOs this year imo.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8