UFC 97 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 97 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
MMAcca
4/19/09 12:29:33AM
Finish him..........Please
mkiv9secsupra
4/19/09 12:31:22AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Infused

Did anyone else hear the ref say "No stomping"?

When did that become a rule?

Not sure, but i haven't seen any foot stomps for a while now in UFC matches

oooohhhhh did he mean foot stomps? i cant see the event because every stream is crap. but no foot stomps would be a ridiculous rule. why not no punching or kicking as well?
Infused
4/19/09 12:33:46AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Infused

Did anyone else hear the ref say "No stomping"?

When did that become a rule?

Not sure, but i haven't seen any foot stomps for a while now in UFC matches

oooohhhhh did he mean foot stomps? i cant see the event because every stream is crap. but no foot stomps would be a ridiculous rule. why not no punching or kicking as well?

I've seen stomps recently as in the last 3 events I [i]think[/i].

But yeah, Anderson stomped and the ref said "Hey no stomping"
Twenty20Dollars
4/19/09 12:34:38AM
are we in the twilight zone?

Is Silva trying to fight back on the UFC not letting him Box.
burialchamber
4/19/09 12:34:40AM
I remember reading that foot stomps were banned specifically for the Montreal event as part of the terms of having it in Quebec.
MMAcca
4/19/09 12:35:42AM
When does the Silva/Leites fight start ?
mkiv9secsupra
4/19/09 12:36:13AM

Posted by burialchamber

I remember reading that foot stomps were banned specifically for the Montreal event as part of the terms of having it in Quebec.

yeah i remember UFC and Montreal Athletic commissions were having disputes and even led to rumors about the show being cancelled. so that might be one of the stipulations.
papercut
4/19/09 12:36:21AM
from the live updates on mmajunkie, sounds like anderson is extremely arrogant and refusing to engage. I picked anderson but from what it sounds like, he NEEDS to lose. he has forgotten how to be humble.
burialchamber
4/19/09 12:37:51AM
So much for being embarrassed by his last performance and wanting to prove something to the critics. He's not doing anything to change their minds so far...
mkiv9secsupra
4/19/09 12:39:31AM

Posted by burialchamber

So much for being embarrassed by his last performance and wanting to prove something to the critics. He's not doing anything to change their minds so far...

Maybe we all just didnt give Leites the respect he deserves?
MMAcca
4/19/09 12:40:53AM

Posted by papercut

from the live updates on mmajunkie, sounds like anderson is extremely arrogant and refusing to engage. I picked anderson but from what it sounds like, he NEEDS to lose. he has forgotten how to be humble.

Not true. Leites keeps randomly laying down on the ground
Twenty20Dollars
4/19/09 12:41:48AM

Posted by MMAcca

When does the Silva/Leites fight start ?

npayant
4/19/09 12:41:58AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by burialchamber

You guys... Leites is looking like a complete ass out there. He can't get the fight to the ground, is getting completely schooled on the feet and is getting frustrated. The crowd is booing because Leites keeps trying just to lay on the mat hoping that Anderson will follow. Why the hell would he?!?

Believe me, Anderson wants to keep this standing and make it exciting but Leites either backs up or lays down.
mkiv9secsupra
4/19/09 12:44:43AM

Posted by npayant

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by burialchamber

You guys... Leites is looking like a complete ass out there. He can't get the fight to the ground, is getting completely schooled on the feet and is getting frustrated. The crowd is booing because Leites keeps trying just to lay on the mat hoping that Anderson will follow. Why the hell would he?!?

Believe me, Anderson wants to keep this standing and make it exciting but Leites either backs up or lays down.

Lol i only saw rounds one and half of two when i posted that. when i read the sherdog play by play i quickly changed my mind lol

Out of all the competition Anderson has dominated, LEITES is going to be the longest lasting?! lol C'mon anderson TKO him
MMAcca
4/19/09 12:44:56AM

Posted by npayant

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by burialchamber

jgtribbett
4/19/09 12:45:27AM
making it exciting might be good for fans but that isnt why i watch it.. i want to see ppl win however they can.. granted... leites should know that a. silva is gonna climb into his guard... haha
mrsmiley
4/19/09 12:45:41AM
I'm dissapointed in both guys right now.
Anderson seems like he could care less and Leites wont exchange
MMAcca
4/19/09 12:47:02AM
That chant was harsh.....
mkiv9secsupra
4/19/09 12:48:09AM
Also on the Sherdog PbP:

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-10
TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Silva
Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Silva

A)Did Sherdog screw up?
B)Is Jordan Breen an idiot?, or
C)Does Canada not employ the 10 point must system?
jgtribbett
4/19/09 12:48:34AM
what was the chant...? my feed died
Infused
4/19/09 12:49:31AM

Posted by jgtribbett

"Bullshit, Bullshit"
mkiv9secsupra
4/19/09 12:49:54AM

Posted by jgtribbett

allong with the rest of the worlds........damn servers
jgtribbett
4/19/09 12:50:19AM
hahaha that sucks and it is harsh
ncordless
4/19/09 12:52:07AM
They made anderson cry
Twenty20Dollars
4/19/09 12:52:28AM
This is just pathetic, Im out.
MMAcca
4/19/09 12:52:31AM
Anderson Silva wins a 50 - 46 UD
mentalcase
4/19/09 1:13:29AM
What may be remembered as the worst title fight in UFC history mercifully ends.

-sherdog

suddenly im not that pissed off i lost my stream
ncordless
4/19/09 2:38:11AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Also on the Sherdog PbP:

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-10
TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Silva
Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Silva

A)Did Sherdog screw up?
B)Is Jordan Breen an idiot?, or
C)Does Canada not employ the 10 point must system?

LoL... Jordan Breen is on his show right now calling everyone who says that there are no 10-10 rounds in mma an idiot. In no way do 10-10 rounds contradict the 10 point must system.
Pookie
4/19/09 4:02:44AM
You know i actually really like that fight.
Pookie
4/19/09 4:19:47AM

Posted by EvenFlow

OHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WOOOOO

WARR SHOGUNNNN

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10