UFC 97 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 97 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page
Pookie
4/19/09 4:24:13AM

Posted by DCRage

Man, you all are gonna make me enjoy it so much if Nogun does lose. All this nuthugging is bordering on over(u)ated.

EvenFlow
4/19/09 4:32:01AM

Posted by DCRage

Man, you all are gonna make me enjoy it so much if Nogun does lose. All this nuthugging is bordering on over(u)ated.

Nogun huh? I was getting sick of you saying that, now it makes it that much sweeter.
Shawn91111
4/19/09 6:55:11AM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by DCRage

Nogun huh? I was getting sick of you saying that, now it makes it that much sweeter.

that it does..that it does
Franklinfan47
4/19/09 11:14:47AM
I bombed on this one. On the fights, I went 6-6, but every fight I got right I had the ending wrong so I only ended up with like 30 points. Hit 2/3 of my parlay with Bocek and Cane, but Chonan didn't come through, which is funny because he was the one i felt safest about.

Was pleasantly surprised Grant and Stout were able to pull the close decisions out, just wish I had faith and picked them because I had Wiman and Chonan taking the decision. Wiman vs Stout was an awesome fight.

Was disapointed Loiseau lost, thought for sure we were gonna see a new and improved crow this time around, but once again, Herman took the decision instead. Good win for Herman though. Ditto for Vinny vs Marshall, feel stupid picking vinny to take the decision now, just once it would be great if he wasnt a choke artist

Was surprised to see J-mac go down like he did, I think he's been exposed on the feet and unless he adapts he may get dropped by the ufc. I thought for sure he was going to get Quarry down and work his game.

Was also very sad to see Liddell go down. I thought for sure we were finally going to see the old chuck liddell this fight but he just doesnt seem to have it anymore. Good win for Shogun, be interesting to see who he fights next. I think liddell is finished.

Glad to see Sozynski, Cane, Bocek, Kongo, Kang and silva all get wins. Can't wait to see all back in the octagon, Cane vs Cantwell was a war.

Overall, I enjoyed the fights last night, except for the main event obviously. Was disapointed by both fighters. Leites was scared I think. Going for takedowns is one thing, but just falling to his back everytime silva came forward was ridiculous. Plus, Silva looked very tentative. I thought it was hilarious hearing the GSP and bullshit chants during the fight, as well as Silvas kicks and punches to the feet made me laugh as well. Overall though, a disapointing main event.

Bring on ufc 98!
LakieMan
4/19/09 5:28:47PM
Went 7-5, hit me parley, so I guess on the playground stats I did decent, but I was not impressed with the main event.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]