UFC 96 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 96 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
chuckw94
3/7/09 8:09:41PM
0-1 and a parlay gone.
papercut
3/7/09 8:10:05PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by papercut

well I'm glad I didn't decide to put riley in my parlay...

Me too. I took him out 15 minutes before cut-off

I thought about it but I decided against it. I didn't have a good feeling about him.
RampageOwnedYou
3/7/09 8:11:46PM
What the hell is going on with these stoppages. WHEN WILL SOMEONE STEP IN AND FIX IT. I am sick of these early stoppages, and it seems nothing is going to stop it. What a shame, it just ruins the sport.

Think im pissed? I dont even have money or him on my parlay lol
Franklinfan47
3/7/09 8:13:40PM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

What the hell is going on with these stoppages. WHEN WILL SOMEONE STEP IN AND FIX IT. I am sick of these early stoppages, and it seems nothing is going to stop it. What a shame, it just ruins the sport.

They have been happening alot lately. Aldo vs Mickle the other night disgusted me.
lohmann
3/7/09 8:14:52PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

They have been happening alot lately. Aldo vs Mickle the other night disgusted me.

Nothing wrong with that one. Mickle ate like twenty punches before that fight was stopped. I'm interested in seeing the Riley stoppage though.

Is there any way to watch these preliminary bouts?
RampageOwnedYou
3/7/09 8:16:23PM

ALOT, is right!

Not only that fight, Koscheck fight, Struve fight, and Grice fight!

So now we have 5 fights with horrible stoppages in last 3 events. Thats not right, and how many more to come?
Franklinfan47
3/7/09 8:16:31PM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Franklinfan47

Nothing wrong with that one. Mickle ate like twenty punches before that fight was stopped. I'm interested in seeing the Riley stoppage though.

His arms ate 20 punches maybe. He wasnt even knocked down
DCRage
3/7/09 8:17:03PM
Vera wins by R2 TKO. So much for my massive parlay, but then again I was looking at 265:1 odds, give or take a few.
DCRage
3/7/09 8:17:39PM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Franklinfan47

Tomorrow at the earliest, hope they find their ways to online video sites unless it airs on PPV. It was short enough that it could.
lohmann
3/7/09 8:17:40PM

ALOT, is right!

So now we have 5 fights with horrible stoppages in last 3 events. Thats not right, and how many more to come?

Honestly, it needs to happen in a main event. I'd hate to see somebody screwed out of a title shot because of a poor stoppage, but for the good of the sport it needs to happen to a high-profile fighter that will have a lot of room to air his grievance.

1-1, 11 points.
Franklinfan47
3/7/09 8:18:26PM
Thank you Vera 1-1 with 11 points

Hopefully he can get back to his winning ways now.
papercut
3/7/09 8:18:35PM
1-1 no money on riley luckily. and I didn't like the odds for vera but I knew he would win.
imanidiot777
3/7/09 8:19:15PM
1-1 with 7 points now, should have picked Rd 2 lol, feels good not to be at 0.
MMAcca
3/7/09 8:19:43PM

So now we have 5 fights with horrible stoppages in last 3 events.

In your opinion.
dannyfrank
3/7/09 8:20:15PM
1-1 parlay gone

thanks a lot riley
Twenty20Dollars
3/7/09 8:21:29PM
Alright I had Vera R2 tko.
chuckw94
3/7/09 8:21:41PM
1-1 7 points
MMAcca
3/7/09 8:22:56PM

Posted by chuckw94

1-1 7 points

copcopps
3/7/09 8:23:05PM

Posted by DCRage

Vera wins by R2 TKO. So much for my massive parlay, but then again I was looking at 265:1 odds, give or take a few.

And my parlay and my bet is gone
GSPCanada
3/7/09 8:23:12PM
2-0 with 14 pts. u get 2 points for the underdog bonus i think? right?

nothing parlay wise
RampageOwnedYou
3/7/09 8:23:30PM

Honestly, it needs to happen in a main event. I'd hate to see somebody screwed out of a title shot because of a poor stoppage, but for the good of the sport it needs to happen to a high-profile fighter that will have a lot of room to air his grievance.

Dont you hate to see it screw someones career over, and possibly ruin their MMA life?
Thats what happens to fighters like Grice and others, who yet to show there stuff.
EvenFlow
3/7/09 8:24:18PM
damn ref you screwed my modest parlay, now i really want gonzaga to win
RampageOwnedYou
3/7/09 8:27:05PM
1 -1 7 points

Hey RAGE you want to let us know when your just going to post a quick result?

SPPPOIIILLLLLLERRRRRRRR
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

winner tko 3rd round

I dont know about you guys, but im relying on sherdog for the play by play. Its like a 2 min delay from junkie results.
lohmann
3/7/09 8:27:47PM

Dont you hate to see it screw someones career over, and possibly ruin their MMA life?
Thats what happens to fighters like Grice and others, who yet to show there stuff.

Of course I don't want bad stoppages ever (not even because of fighters, but just because I think it's a disservice to fans), but if it happens to someone at the top more people will pay attention. If Quinton Jackson gets hit tonight and falls on a knee to stand back up but the fight is called, I think we'd hear a lot more about it because of Quinton's drawing power.
grappler0000
3/7/09 8:33:02PM
Boetsch vs Brilz is up next...lets see if Brilz's wrestling is good enough to carry him. I think his hands are way too suspect, but we'll see.
MMAcca
3/7/09 8:33:02PM

1 -1 7 points

Hey RAGE you want to let us know when your just going to post a quick result?

SPPPOIIILLLLLLERRRRRRRR
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

winner tko 3rd round

I dont know about you guys, but im relying on sherdog for the play by play. Its like a 2 min delay from junkie results.

You're in the spoiler thread, so expect spoilers
Jackelope
3/7/09 8:34:16PM
The Grice fight was one of the worst stoppages I've seen in a while for sure. Not so sure that the Koscheck fight was bad, though. Koscheck clearly got tagged hard and was definitely out
copcopps
3/7/09 8:34:43PM
0-2 what did I say no confidence in undercards
Aether
3/7/09 8:38:01PM
every single one of these fights could easily go either way IMO. Scary card.
lohmann
3/7/09 8:40:56PM

Posted by Aether

every single one of these fights could easily go either way IMO. Scary card.

At the same time it's a great card.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12