UFC 96 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 96 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
Next Page »
DCRage
3/7/09 3:04:03PM
We're underway!
Unaired prelims:
Shane Nelson beat Aaron Riley by TKO (strikes) at 1:44 of round 1.
PPV:
Gray Maynard beat Jim Miller by unanimous decision, 3 30-27s.
Matt Hamill beat Mark Munoz by KO at 3:53 of round 1.
Matt Brown beat Pete Sell by TKO (strikes) at 1:32 of round 1.
Kendall Grove beat Jason Day by TKO (strikes) at 1:32 of round 1. As a result, if Dana keeps his word, Day is out of UFC.
Shane Carwin beat Gabriel Gonzaga by KO at 1:09 of round 1.
Tamdan McCrory beat Ryan Madigan by TKO (strikes) at 3:35 of round 1. (Prelim)
Main Event: Quinton Jackson beat Keith Jardine by unanimous decision, 2 29-28s and 1 30-27.
Brandon Vera beat Mike Patt by TKO (leg kicks) at 1:27 of round 2. (Prelim)
Jason Brilz beat Tim Boetsch by unanimous decision, 3 29-28s. (Prelim)

One other important reminder for after tonight's show: Unless you're in the 1-2 parts of the world (I know a couple places in the US are included) that doesn't recognize DST, SPRING FORWARD AT 2 AM! Set those clocks ahead 1 hour...1 hours' less sleep...but hey, at least for the night owls it means 1 less hour to wait for DREAM 7 at 4 AM ET, right? (Remember, DREAM 7 WILL NOT AIR LIVE ON HDNET! It airs next Saturday)
bojangalz
3/7/09 3:08:53PM
No DREAM live?! Weak sause HDNET. I was planning on one hell of a marathon night of MMA. Gonna have to stream that one I guess.
Shawn91111
3/7/09 3:21:40PM
Where can we watch this online
DCRage
3/7/09 3:28:45PM

Posted by bojangalz

No DREAM live?! Weak sause HDNET. I was planning on one hell of a marathon night of MMA. Gonna have to stream that one I guess.

One of the HDNet Fights bigwigs put out a press release on the subject a few days ago that made it's way to one or more of the usual news sites, I'll see if I can find it for you. I think it had something to do with them feeling that not enough people would be watching at the start time, plus it being on a Sunday. He noted that they hoped DREAM would, in the future, do Friday or Saturday shows like Sengoku is doing next, then they definitely would do it live or at least a same-day tape perhaps.
Wolfenstein
3/7/09 4:18:56PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by bojangalz

One of the HDNet Fights bigwigs put out a press release on the subject a few days ago that made it's way to one or more of the usual news sites, I'll see if I can find it for you. I think it had something to do with them feeling that not enough people would be watching at the start time, plus it being on a Sunday. He noted that they hoped DREAM would, in the future, do Friday or Saturday shows like Sengoku is doing next, then they definitely would do it live or at least a same-day tape perhaps.

It was at the MMA Fanhouse, which is becoming a pretty good site for MMA news. Anyways here's the explanation.

link
dannyfrank
3/7/09 6:25:49PM

Posted by Shawn91111

a site that usually works for me is channelsurfing.net
DCRage
3/7/09 6:50:45PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Dude, you ask this every time even when I mention that MMAturf.net will have live streaming. Maybe you should write that down?
MMAcca
3/7/09 6:58:20PM

Posted by DCRage

Main Event: Quinton Jackson vs. Keith Jardine. If Jackson wins, he next faces UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans for the title. If Jardine wins, Ryoto (Lyoto) Machida is likely next at last...until/unless Dana finds a way to make him wait. Again.

Not definately true. Rampage has been quoted as saying he would like to fight Forrest Griffin after he's fought Jardine.
RampageOwnedYou
3/7/09 7:16:08PM

How do you not know where to watch it? You have asked this every time an event happens, sad.
imanidiot777
3/7/09 7:26:22PM
Hereeeee we go, for once I'd like to get on the top scoring list lol. Soon to be seen.
MMAcca
3/7/09 7:30:58PM
Aaron Riley vs. Shane Nelson is up first. Anybody got Nelson in this ?
burialchamber
3/7/09 7:32:52PM
I have no confidence in any of my picks tonight. I'm expecting this to be a bad night for me...
loller90278
3/7/09 7:39:13PM

Posted by MMAcca

Aaron Riley vs. Shane Nelson is up first. Anybody got Nelson in this ?

most definitely not. He will quit mentally after he feels Riley's power.
Pookie
3/7/09 7:39:23PM

Posted by burialchamber

I have no confidence in any of my picks tonight. I'm expecting this to be a bad night for me...

If all goes well, everybody will have a shitty night tonight
EvenFlow
3/7/09 7:46:59PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by burialchamber

If all goes well, everybody will have a shitty night tonight

we have the same picks again minus miller, quit jinxing me pookie
Pookie
3/7/09 7:55:17PM
Im actually fairly confident in Miller, so if youre lucky i just jinxed that pick for myself

Good luck everybody.
copcopps
3/7/09 7:57:23PM
I'm having little confidence in my undercard picks
imanidiot777
3/7/09 7:59:22PM
Great start, I'm 0-1 and I hate Shane Nelson. MMA Weekly actually SAID it was a very poor stoppage, that is the first time I've seen that written in one of their play by plays it must have been BAD!
lohmann
3/7/09 8:00:21PM
I lost my parlay in the first fight on a premature stoppage?

I foresee a bad night.
DCRage
3/7/09 8:00:43PM
Haha, I picked Nelson! Albeit by split decision, but it hits 1/3 of my massive parlay if it hits. Now I need upset wins from Patt & Jardine.
MMAcca
3/7/09 8:02:43PM
Awful start!

Who's the ref in that fight ?
Franklinfan47
3/7/09 8:02:57PM

Posted by lohmann

I lost my parlay in the first fight on a premature stoppage?

I foresee a bad night.

Same here buddy. Bullshit stoppage!
copcopps
3/7/09 8:03:04PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Great start, I'm 0-1 and I hate Shane Nelson. MMA Weekly actually SAID it was a very poor stoppage, that is the first time I've seen that written in one of their play by plays it must have been BAD!

same here stupid Shane luckily he's not in my parlay
Pookie
3/7/09 8:03:12PM
"The crowd boos the decision mightily."
LOL

Oh well, Nelson impressed me with those 44 seconds... really didnt expect him to do much in the stand-up at all.

Tonight is going to be fun. The Shots begin!
DCRage
3/7/09 8:04:02PM
Careful with your choices of words, people.

Looks like Vera-Patt is up next. Make it 2 upsets in a row, Patt!
burialchamber
3/7/09 8:04:39PM
Oh great. Lost my parlay too...
Franklinfan47
3/7/09 8:04:43PM
the pic they put up on mmaweekly is actually Riley protesting the call.
papercut
3/7/09 8:06:31PM
well I'm glad I didn't decide to put riley in my parlay...
MMAcca
3/7/09 8:07:40PM

Posted by papercut

well I'm glad I didn't decide to put riley in my parlay...

Me too. I took him out 15 minutes before cut-off
Twenty20Dollars
3/7/09 8:09:30PM
Oh its going to be a lonnggg night. And only 1 fight has happened. I thought for sure Riley would have this fight in the bag. Dang
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12