UFC 94 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 94 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
MMAcca
1/31/09 10:43:34PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by FlashyG

I'm not sure how Guida got that decision, I thought Nate's hip tosses and striking were enough to get a Unanimous but I guess you never know when it goes to the cards.

No, because if you hug someone really hard, like I mean hug the **** out of them, it's worth more points than takedowns and repeatedly punching them in the head and body.

Hug em' like you love em' = Guaranteed decision victory
imanidiot777
1/31/09 10:44:41PM

Posted by MMAcca

3-3 with 15 points. beat that i dare you all.......

5-1 with 46 points.
copcopps
1/31/09 10:45:04PM
22 points yay
Throwdown
1/31/09 10:45:18PM
I don't think there's any cheering me up after this card...
imanidiot777
1/31/09 10:46:09PM

Posted by copcopps

22 points yay

Yea I had Guida by UD, sucks for me. What would that get me 14 points?
Twenty20Dollars
1/31/09 10:46:51PM
Oh yeah, Guida/diaz was the hot bout. Good thing I got that right.

Wow I guess I never realized how young Karo was. 26...
JackHammerXXX
1/31/09 10:47:36PM
aside from my pick's bias for my judgment, that was a robbery for Nate. He won the 'fight'. point blank.

I am a fan of guida, but he did not do any thing besides hold, hug, onto diaz, and to me the most action was on the feet, and he looked bad and Nate looked alright,good. if a guy lays and prays, Kalib starnes the fight, we criticize it and don't respect it as much as someone who goes out for a finish, or at least an offensive attack.

I knew it would be a close fight, not much action or damage done, but I felt due to Guida's pressure, it would be a close decision, but I felt Diaz would be more successful, and more productive, on the feet or on the ground/clinch. You be the judge.
Aether
1/31/09 10:47:40PM
karo doesn't look in any worse shape than he ever does, I dunno what they were talking about him being horribly out of shape at the weigh ins.
MMAcca
1/31/09 10:53:43PM

Posted by Aether

karo doesn't look in any worse shape than he ever does, I dunno what they were talking about him being horribly out of shape at the weigh ins.

Kim looked very impressive in that 1st round imo
imanidiot777
1/31/09 10:54:28PM
Definitely 10-8 for Kim.
Aether
1/31/09 10:55:03PM
yeah he did, let's see if he comes out gassed like he did against matt brown though. I expected him to win the first round.
MMAcca
1/31/09 10:57:14PM
Karo's gets some judo in finally
CanadianCripplr
1/31/09 10:59:39PM
Ever since I saw Karo on the episode of TUF I have cheered for him to get his head beat in. What a cocky goof. He looks much softer and flabbier than usual I thought, in the chest and belly. I need Kim for my parlay but forgot to put my picks in for this card.....doh
Aether
1/31/09 11:00:38PM
whoever takes the third round wins the fight IMO.
MMAcca
1/31/09 11:00:52PM
-Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Hyun Kim
R1 – Kim wrestles Parisyan to the ground early, maintaining control from behind as they're squatted up against the fence. Kim jumps to Parisyan's back as he stands up, and starts punching Parisyan in the head. Parisyan flips them to the ground, but Kim maintains back control with hooks in, punching Parisyan to the sides of the head and urging the crowd on. Parisyan stands with Kim on his back, diving back to the ground in an attempt to break free, but Kim won't let go. Parisyan gets free, but Kim goes for an armbar, followed by a triangle attempt, and then winds up with Parisyan in his full guard. They scramble back to their feet and Kim again gains control from behind, as they move back down to the mat. Parisyan works back to his feet and the two clinch on the fence. They separate, swinging hard, but neither connects.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Dong Hyun Kim.

R2 – Kim throws a high kick that grazes Parisyan, who then throws a few punches, then has his takedown attempt stuffed. They lock up on the fence and Kim takes Parisyan down, a scramble ensues, with Parisyan nearly securing a Kimura. They scramble back to their feet, clinched on the fence. Parisyan scores with a tremendous judo throw. They remain tied up and return to standing along the fence. They separate and trade a few sparse punches before clinching again and making their way back to the fence.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Parisyan.
JackHammerXXX
1/31/09 11:03:54PM
You think it's a game!!! Mike Golberg said Gracie was one the main reasons we have the great 'game' of mixed martial arts!!!
imanidiot777
1/31/09 11:05:53PM
So far this round could go either way....
Twenty20Dollars
1/31/09 11:06:28PM
You guys smell that? -sniff sniff-

Smells like another split decision.

And its a split decision for Karo. Yay I get more points.
mentalcase
1/31/09 11:06:34PM
well they say game plan as in fight strategy
mentalcase
1/31/09 11:07:37PM
this may turn out to be the longest ufc ever
Aether
1/31/09 11:08:47PM
I would give it to Karo. Neither fighter did much in the third round but Karo got 1 or 2 more TDs than Kim.

Most likely Kim will win for being the better hugger in round 3.
EvenFlow
1/31/09 11:09:46PM
4-3, 34 pts.....sorta lookin up i guess
DCRage
1/31/09 11:10:12PM
Karo. SD.
imanidiot777
1/31/09 11:10:42PM
Well so far it looks like we won't have any sub or KO of the night bonuses....
CanadianCripplr
1/31/09 11:13:09PM
What a lame fight. Cant believe he would raise his arms after the final bell like he accomplished something. What a joke decision. Like how is corner guys were so sure of the win after the fight. I guess I was watchin a different match.
I also might be wrong but I thought I saw him grab the fence to prevent a takedown in the 3rd...anyone else see that?
casey64
1/31/09 11:14:13PM

Posted by imanidiot777

i HOPE bONNAR VS. jONES is more exciting, which I think it will be though.
DCRage
1/31/09 11:17:20PM

Posted by imanidiot777

If Bonnar-Jones goes the distance I will heartily agree with you. I have those last 2 fights going all the way. Still, tonight-especially the prelims-is just ridiculous. I sense some interior motives behind the judging.
Aether
1/31/09 11:17:27PM
rofl yeah whoever finishes their opponent is going to get like 5 grand by default no matter how pretty it looks.
mentalcase
1/31/09 11:17:43PM

Posted by CanadianCripplr

What a lame fight. Cant believe he would raise his arms after the final bell like he accomplished something. What a joke decision. Like how is corner guys were so sure of the win after the fight. I guess I was watchin a different match.
I also might be wrong but I thought I saw him grab the fence to prevent a takedown in the 3rd...anyone else see that?

i think its safe to say we are all losers after that fight

the whole card in fact

the only thing that will cheer me up is if bj wins and im sure the same just vice versa for the gsp fans
Aether
1/31/09 11:20:23PM
this card is surprisingly bad. I expected it to be pretty action packed and full of finishes. wellisch vs o'brian I thought for sure would end with a (T)KO, diaz and guida as well... bad decisions and fights.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11