UFC 94 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 94 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
EvenFlow
1/31/09 9:59:41PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Fitch wins the UD Another 11 points for me.

Well, I finished the prelims 3-2 with 27 points, not that bad. Called Fitch and Tavares perfectly, picked Obrien as the winner, but Arroyo and Wilson crapped the bed for me. Im goin to go watch the main card, good luck all and enjoy the fights.

same here, 3-2, 27 pts.
Shawn91111
1/31/09 9:59:56PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Fitch wins the UD Another 11 points for me.

Well, I finished the prelims 3-2 with 27 points, not that bad. Called Fitch and Tavares perfectly, picked Obrien as the winner, but Arroyo and Wilson crapped the bed for me. Im goin to go watch the main card, good luck all and enjoy the fights.

Damn braggers
Aether
1/31/09 10:01:19PM
gotta say, I'm pretty ******* pumped right now. Maybe even moreso than I was for Fedor Arlovski.
mentalcase
1/31/09 10:01:23PM
my balls are starting to tingal
Shawn91111
1/31/09 10:03:04PM

Posted by mentalcase

my balls are starting to tingal

Mine do that too when I put Icy Hot on them
MMAcca
1/31/09 10:03:08PM
Gono

Fitch

Twenty20Dollars
1/31/09 10:05:39PM
I think someone just got their new avatar, that gono picture.

ok everyone do a shot when they hear the word "elusive".
MMAcca
1/31/09 10:13:31PM
WAR NATE DIAZ!!
mentalcase
1/31/09 10:16:34PM
why do some fighters wet their feet at the start of the fight?

Shawn91111
1/31/09 10:18:30PM

Posted by mentalcase

why do some fighters wet their feet at the start of the fight?

Traction on the mat?. Not sure but I did it in basketball to my sneakers for traction
mentalcase
1/31/09 10:19:40PM
ok thanks, that what i thought it might be
Aether
1/31/09 10:20:04PM
looks like it's going to be a rough fight for clay.

lol or not.
MMAcca
1/31/09 10:26:49PM
-Nathan Diaz vs. Clay Guida
R1 – Guida scores first with a couple strong leg kicks, but Diaz is doing a good job putting his jab out there. Guida is using his movement a lot, keeping his head down and throwing the right hand followed by a kick, but Diaz is starting to really pop the jab. Guida snags a leg, but soon gives up on the takedown and launches a right hand to the body. Diaz goes for the takedown, but Guida stuffs it and ends up on top of Diaz on the ground in half-guard, then moving to full guard. As Diaz stands, Guida takes his back, wrestling Diaz down with a full nelson hold. Diaz flips over, lands on all fours, but Guida still has back control as they stand up. Guida scoops Diaz up and slams him to mat, landing in guard, firing punches. They scramble back up to the feet where Guida maintains control and lands a solid knee.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 Guida.

I thought nate did enough early to take the round.......
mentalcase
1/31/09 10:30:00PM
guida dose nothing offensivly just holds on cause he knows if he dosent he will get subbed
Aether
1/31/09 10:30:16PM
I do too... wrestling gets scored too heavily. Guida controls people but for the most part he hugs them and wrestles them around, he really didn't do any damage to nate in the last 3 minutes.
MMAcca
1/31/09 10:30:18PM
R2 – The round opens with a brief exchange, then a clinch on the fence, Diaz landing knees to the body, then Guida landing knees to the thighs. From behind, Guida wrestles Diaz to the mat, but they quickly return to their feet along the fence. A chess match for position at this point with Guida being more in control. Diaz scores a nice hip toss, but Guida maintains control from behind Diaz, neither able to secure anything too damaging. Diaz again scores the takedown, but Guida maintains contol and then works into Diaz' guard as the round ends, Diaz looking for a submission, Guida throwing punches.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Guida.
EvenFlow
1/31/09 10:33:38PM
wtf nate
MMAcca
1/31/09 10:33:53PM

Posted by mentalcase

guida dose nothing offensivly just holds on cause he knows if he dosent he will get subbed

I would give both rounds so far to Diaz.

Guida is just cuddling. I mean it's ok if you're at a love-in with some hippies, but the dude is supposed to be fighting
Aether
1/31/09 10:35:35PM
Guida wins in the Ultimate Hugging Competition... He didn't even get most of the takedowns, he just wouldn't let go of his back. The majority of the TDs were from Nate repeatedly leg tripping him.
MMAcca
1/31/09 10:36:53PM
Another SD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

******* **** bollocks
mentalcase
1/31/09 10:37:17PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by mentalcase

Guida is just cuddling. I mean it's ok if you're at a love-in with some hippies, but the dude is supposed to be fighting

exactly diaz out boxed him has better subs clay just hold on, the new breed of lay and pray- move around with a lot of energy and hold on and pray,- **** **** **** ****
MMAcca
1/31/09 10:38:13PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by mentalcase

exactly diaz out boxed him has better subs clay just hold on, the new breed of lay and pray- move around with a lot of energy and hold on and pray,- **** **** **** ****

''I'm fighting for all the out of work carpenters'' WTF!?
Shawn91111
1/31/09 10:38:14PM
3-3...alright Clay!
FlashyG
1/31/09 10:38:48PM
I'm not sure how Guida got that decision, I thought Nate's hip tosses and striking were enough to get a Unanimous but I guess you never know when it goes to the cards.
Twenty20Dollars
1/31/09 10:39:28PM
Atleast I got some more points. First time I picked against nate diaz. Not a real exciting fight though.
MMAcca
1/31/09 10:41:06PM
3-3 with 15 points. beat that i dare you all.......
Aether
1/31/09 10:41:08PM

Posted by FlashyG

I'm not sure how Guida got that decision, I thought Nate's hip tosses and striking were enough to get a Unanimous but I guess you never know when it goes to the cards.

No, because if you hug someone really hard, like I mean hug the **** out of them, it's worth more points than takedowns and repeatedly punching them in the head and body.
Aaronno9
1/31/09 10:42:12PM
Y'know, im getting abit fed up with Clay now. Hes beat Mac and Nate, and didnt really land a shot on either of them. He just clings on constantly even when hes not getting takedowns. I think it was any other fighter doing what he does, the ref would restart the fight.

And im not just bitter, I picked Clay via decision. Im still really impressed with Nate though. Offensively, he won that fight hands down. Urg. Im to drunk to argue.
Meg
1/31/09 10:42:41PM
Well I'm 0 for 1.
mentalcase
1/31/09 10:42:55PM
if karo gets koed it might cheer me up
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11