UFC 94 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 94 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
MMAcca
1/31/09 9:20:42PM
R2 – More GSP and B.J. Penn chants erupt in one corner of the arena, as Gamburyan moves in on Tavares with a combination of punches and kicks that doesn't do much damage, few landing. Tavares attempts a takedown, but Gamburyan reverses it and lands on the mat in Tavares' full guard, attacking with ground and pound. A slow down in the action and referee Josh Rosenthal stands the fighters up. They immediately start trading punches, Tavares getting the better of the exchange, landing a wild right hook before they lock-up along the fence, the round ending.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Gamburyan.
Franklinfan47
1/31/09 9:21:21PM
R2 – More GSP and B.J. Penn chants erupt in one corner of the arena, as Gamburyan moves in on Tavares with a combination of punches and kicks that doesn't do much damage, few landing. Tavares attempts a takedown, but Gamburyan reverses it and lands on the mat in Tavares' full guard, attacking with ground and pound. A slow down in the action and referee Josh Rosenthal stands the fighters up. They immediately start trading punches, Tavares getting the better of the exchange, landing a wild right hook before they lock-up along the fence, the round ending.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Gamburyan.

I smell another split decision.
mentalcase
1/31/09 9:23:56PM
holy **** 3 split dec to start the night this has got to be a ufc first andf there may be a 4th
FlashyG
1/31/09 9:28:16PM
Is it too late to call this UFC 94 - Split Decision?
loller90278
1/31/09 9:28:24PM
Round 3 - Tavares shoots early and secures a leg, but Gamburyan escapes. After throwing a leg kick, Gamburyan now shoots, but he also has no luck. Tavares uses a right to set up a takedown attempt, but Gamburyan shrugs it off. Tavares connects on a right and then counters with another moments later. Gamburyan jabs as Tavares continues to keep his opponent's back against the fence. Gamburyan connects on a few kicks, and the fight has new life. Gamburyan connect on an overhand left and a follow-up right, but Tavares continues to be the aggressor and stalk Gamburyan around the perimeter of the cage. Tavares goes high with a head kick, which is deflected, and then he connects on a right and a knee to the face as Gamburyan misses on his takedown attempt. Gamburyan again shoots and puts his opponent up against the cage, but Tavares escapes. With 30 seconds to go, the fighters trade jabs as the round ends unceremoniously. It's a close round, and MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Tavares. But it's another tough decision for the judges.
MMAcca
1/31/09 9:29:05PM

Thiago Tavares def. Manny Gamburyan by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28), R3
Pookie
1/31/09 9:29:34PM
2-2 with 10 points !!!!!

postman
1/31/09 9:29:40PM
Wow just got on 3 splits is crazy. I'm 1-2 not looking good and I changed some picks but they didn't register so hope my first thought was right.
EvenFlow
1/31/09 9:29:43PM

Posted by MMAcca

Thiago Tavares def. Manny Gamburyan by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28), R3

2-2 16 pts.
loller90278
1/31/09 9:30:20PM
ooh a UD! now we're starting to mix things up!
postman
1/31/09 9:30:59PM
Yeah I really like thaigo that was oneof my picks I changed thanks for not happening!

2-2 12points
MMAcca
1/31/09 9:31:32PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by MMAcca

2-2 16 pts.

2-2 10 points
copcopps
1/31/09 9:31:54PM
there goes my parlay

thansk a lot Thiago Fez Tavares
Aether
1/31/09 9:32:37PM
damn I was scared there. 2-2, thanks tavares, I needed that win. Damn how did arroyo lose to kramer? That should've been a relatively easy sub for him from what I remember seeing of him on the show.
Franklinfan47
1/31/09 9:33:49PM
Tavares wins by UD! A UD people! 11 points on that one .
I'm now 2-2 with 16 points
loller90278
1/31/09 9:34:40PM
Round 1 - Gono enters the cage in drag, complete with silver dresses, jewelry, sunglasses, wigs, sequined gloves and two drag-tastic back-up dancers. The cageside dance routine delights the crowd.

I LOL'D

but i think its a new trend. it was 3 sd's and now its going to be 3 UD's
Aether
1/31/09 9:36:52PM
I think fitch by UD is pretty much the safest pick on the card.
bojangalz
1/31/09 9:37:30PM
1-3 7 points...I hate mma. Is there any open spots in that Playground Fantasy Baseball league?
Twenty20Dollars
1/31/09 9:38:11PM
Man F*** this event, Im already screwed.

Parlay didnt work, and I've got like 1 win.

I wish I would have changed to howard like I was thinking and not changed manny to beat tavares

MMAcca
1/31/09 9:38:57PM
Fitch is also in drag. wearing a pink sequinned dress.

copcopps
1/31/09 9:39:27PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Man F*** this event, Im already screwed.

Parlay didnt work, and I've got like 1 win.

same here 1-3

mentalcase
1/31/09 9:42:38PM
gona pride entrence

this is my favorite
MMAcca
1/31/09 9:43:50PM
R1 – Fitch opens with a hard-fought takedown attempt, but Gono defends and they end up clinched on the fence, exchanging knees before separating. Fitch drives in with punches, clinches and then starts an attack of knees to the body. They separate, but Fitch immediately continues to stalk Gono and finally scores a takedown, getting to the Japanese fighter's back. He works for the choke, but starts throwing punches to the side of Gono's head in an attempt to open him up. Gono tries to stand, but Fitch maintains back control as the round ends.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Fitch.
MMAcca
1/31/09 9:48:34PM
R2 – Fitch lands a hard kick to the leg of Gono that leaves him limping a bit before they clinch along the fence. Fitch eventually secures a leg-trip takedown, landing in Gono's closed guard. Fitch starts dropping forearms and punches to Gono's head and body. Fitch attacks the body with a series of punches, then goes heavy with forearms on Gono's skull, putting the fight very near a stoppage. Gono scrambles, but Fitch takes his back and locks on the body triangle, punching his head. Gono tries to get out, but gets caught in an armbar just before the bell sounds.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Fitch.
Aether
1/31/09 9:50:23PM
good old predictable fitch Give me my 11 points, buddy.
breakdown5
1/31/09 9:54:00PM
This event is killing me. I really need a Fitch UD here.
Shawn91111
1/31/09 9:57:02PM
Damn what round did Gono get an 8 for?
MMAcca
1/31/09 9:57:53PM
R3 – Fitch catches Gono with a punch to the midsection and then follows with a solid kick and takedown. He immediately starts working his ground and pound from half guard, stuffing punches and forearms in Gono's face. Gono does a good job upkicking Fitch back and returning to his feet. Gono attempts a jumping knee, but Fitch catches him and ties him up on the fence. Back away from the cage, Gono goes for a rolling kneebar, but Fitch defends well, maintaining back control. Gono turns and Fitch works some brutal strikes from knee on belly. Gono reverses into Fitch's half butterfly guard before falling into full guard. Gono gets out and stands up, attempting a kick as Fitch stands up, but can't score. Fitch lands a left-right punch combination followed by several knees, then scrambles Gono to the mat as the round ends.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Fitch; the fight 30-27 for Fitch.

John Fitch def. Akihiro Gono by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26), R3
mentalcase
1/31/09 9:58:05PM
everyone who has a chance on winning the season picked fitch by dec so u dont really improve ur ranking
Franklinfan47
1/31/09 9:58:22PM
Fitch wins the UD Another 11 points for me.

Well, I finished the prelims 3-2 with 27 points, not that bad. Called Fitch and Tavares perfectly, picked Obrien as the winner, but Arroyo and Wilson crapped the bed for me. Im goin to go watch the main card, good luck all and enjoy the fights.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11