UFC 94 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 94 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
bojangalz
1/31/09 8:32:59PM
Junkie's goes into a little better detail I guess.
MMAcca
1/31/09 8:35:26PM
Do you really want to hurt me
bojangalz
1/31/09 8:35:43PM
Going to the judges. Sounds like the last round went to Wellisch.

Probably going split again knowing my luck.
copcopps
1/31/09 8:35:55PM
0-2 BOOOO
bojangalz
1/31/09 8:36:39PM
Round 1 - Wellisch quickly closes the distances and tries to take O'Brien to the ground, but he's popped and dropped with a right. Wellisch quickly gets back to his feet, and the fighters trade blows furiously. O'Brien takes Wellisch to the mat and works from inside his opponent's guard. Pressed against the fence, Weliisch pulls O'Brien toward him. O'Brien, though, backs away and allows Wellisch to get back to his feet. Wellisch misses with a head kick and then lands a soft leg kick. A lazy takedown attempt by Wellisch allows O'Brien to toss him to the mat. He follows and works from inside Wellisch's guard. O'Brien throws a few short punches to the body. The referee soon break and restarts them. The fighters again throw wildly, and O'Brien connects with a left and then partially connects on a right. Wellisch gets through a blow, but O'Brien shoots and takes him down. O'Brien backs away and lets him up. However, after his next takedown, O'Brien collapses on top of him before the round ends. MMAjunkie.com has it 10-9 for O'Brien.

Round 2 - After trading more punches to open the round, Wellisch lands a body kick and follows with a leg kick. O'Brien avoids subsequent blows and counters Wellisch with three consecutive jabs. Wellisch lands a nice leg kick. O'Brien works jabs as Wellisch swings and misses wildly. O'Brien lands a nice left- overhand right combination, but Wellisch shakes it off and attempts a takedown. O'Brien, though, dips for the double-leg takedown and slams his opponent to the mat. Wellisch rolls free and quickly gets to his feet and lands a left-right combo. O'Brien counters with an uppercut, but Wellisch continues to push forward. O'Brien counters a low kick-jab combo with an easy takedown and again slams Wellisch to the mat. Wellisch, though, again gets to his feet quickly and land a nice combo of low kicks and punches just as the round ends. MMAjunkie.com has it 10-9 for O'Brien.

Round 3 - Wellisch goes on the offensive as O'Brien looks to counter. Wellisch chases with some lunging rights and eats a shot that opens his nose and causes a steady flow of blood. O'Brien shoots and scores the takedown, but Wellisch rolls free and easily gets to his feet. The fighters trade jabs and Wellisch again throws wildly and lands with a left. O'Brien patiently awaits to counter and forces the fight to the ground again. Wellisch quickly gets to his feet and throws left-right combinations. O'Brien deflects most of them. Wellisch sneaks through an overhand right. Wellisch swings wildly and just misses with a knee to the head. O'Brien shoots and again gets the takedown, but again, he can't keep his opponent there. Wellisch, now gushing blood from his nose and mouth, stalks after O'Brien but is again easily taken to the mount. O'Brien stands over him and tries to rain down a blow, but Wellisch easily deflects it and gets to his feet. The fighters battle for ground position as the round ends. MMAjunkie.com scores a close final round for Wellisch, 10-9.
MMAcca
1/31/09 8:37:19PM
MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Wellisch; the fight 29-28 for Wellisch.
DCRage
1/31/09 8:37:29PM
O'Brien. Split decision again. 29-28s again.
MMAcca
1/31/09 8:38:00PM

Jake O'Brien def. Christian Wellisch by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 28-29), R3
Pookie
1/31/09 8:38:08PM

Posted by DCRage

O'Brien. Split decision again. 29-28s again.

Yay
Franklinfan47
1/31/09 8:39:08PM
1-1 with 5 points. Glad Irish won but I really thought he was goin to finish it. Hopefully I start doing better.
copcopps
1/31/09 8:39:46PM
1-1 now that I realized it yaya :D
MMAcca
1/31/09 8:41:14PM
Anybody got John Howard ?
DCRage
1/31/09 8:43:37PM
Screw that. Anyone else got a bad case of the splits? Or a craving for banana splits?
GSPCanada
1/31/09 8:43:38PM
I got howard by decision

is there something going on woth karo? the first time i heard someone say he better fight i thought it was a joke because of ufc 88 so can someone let me know if something is actually wrong or is it all a joke?
DCRage
1/31/09 8:44:36PM
They're concerned he's gonna have panic attacks again and it'll cause him to pull out. UFC signed Rick Story as a replacement just in case.

Howard-Wilson now underway.
bojangalz
1/31/09 8:49:30PM
JOHN HOWARD VS. CHRIS WILSON

Round 1 - Howard with an early leg kick before Wilson fakes a takedown attempt. Wilson throws a kick, which is stuffed, and Howard powers through to put his opponent on his back. He quickly returns to his feet, though, and just misses a head kick that would have wrecked Wilson. Howard lands a leg kick, but Wilson counters with two of his own that knock his opponent off balance. Howard throws a punch and clinches, but Wilson gets the underhooks and takes the fight to the ground. Howard immediately breaks free and grazes Wilson a blow as he gets back up. Wilson has a small cut above his nose. Wilson then lands a leg kick that knocks Howard off his feet and takes him to the mat. Wilson had a head lock and Howard patiently thinks his way through it. After rolling to his back, Howard defends body blows from Wilson. Howard breaks free, defends a guillotine, rolls to the mat, and takes top position. The quick exchange earns a round of applause from a near-full arena. After a break in action, referee Herb Dean stands the fighters. Howard lands a body shot and then slams Wilson to the mat as an exciting first round ends. It's a close one, but MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Wilson.
GSPCanada
1/31/09 8:49:31PM
thanks, but this is basically an assumption for people who think karo was lying and not actually injured before the yoshida fight?
EvenFlow
1/31/09 8:49:58PM
lol sherdog pbp says that arroyo won by split decision
Shawn91111
1/31/09 8:51:30PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Alright!...my parlay is still good..right playground?
MMAcca
1/31/09 8:52:27PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by EvenFlow

+1 (fingers crossed )
copcopps
1/31/09 8:52:37PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by EvenFlow

I hate you

Mine parlay's dead
bojangalz
1/31/09 8:52:53PM
no, the've got it for cramer
Franklinfan47
1/31/09 8:53:00PM

Posted by EvenFlow

lol ya ur right.
bojangalz
1/31/09 8:54:03PM
from sherdog...

The official scores are: 29-28 Cramer, 29-28 Arroyo and 29-28 for Cramer.

They've got it listed as a split decision for Cramer
MMAcca
1/31/09 8:54:14PM

Posted by bojangalz

Dreams shattered
Franklinfan47
1/31/09 8:54:55PM

Posted by bojangalz

from sherdog...

The official scores are: 29-28 Cramer, 29-28 Arroyo and 29-28 for Cramer.

They've got it listed as a split decision for Cramer

Check both fighters records
EvenFlow
1/31/09 8:55:54PM

Posted by bojangalz

on the "quick results" link they do
DCRage
1/31/09 8:56:23PM
It was Cramer by SD.

Junkie says 10-9 Howard in R2, and that the random Penn & GSP chants have started in the crowd.
loller90278
1/31/09 8:57:12PM
this event is going to turn out pretty bad for most members.. i smell a lot of upsets..
MMAcca
1/31/09 8:57:41PM
R2 – Howard opens with a brutal leg kick, but Wilson survives and returns with a solid knee strike. Howard then takes Wilson down, they scramble, and are soon back on the feet. Howard scores again with a high single leg takedown, elevating Wilson and dropping him on his back, then starts working from half-guard. They scramble back to their feet. They clinch along the fence, trading knees, before separating and trading blows, Howard again landing the harder shots. He takes Wilson down again, but Wilson ends up in guard this time and starts his ground and pound, unable to do any real damage before the round ends with Howard scrambling out.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Howard.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11