UFC 94 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 94 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page
MMAcca
2/1/09 12:46:34AM
Massive props to GSP. He was passing guard like BJ was a BJJ novice
grappler0000
2/1/09 12:46:37AM

Posted by Aether

Posted by imanidiot777

His corner threw it in, I don't wanna hear anything from his mouth about quitting ever again, QUITTER!

He didn't quit, the doctor told him to stop the fight.

Actually, it looked like his brother told the doctor to stop it...could be wrong, but that's what I saw.
MMAcca
2/1/09 12:48:14AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Aether

Posted by imanidiot777

His corner threw it in, I don't wanna hear anything from his mouth about quitting ever again, QUITTER!

Actually, it looked like his brother told the doctor to stop it...could be wrong, but that's what I saw.

That's what i thought. His brother tapped the doc's shoulder and told him no more.
Twenty20Dollars
2/1/09 12:50:07AM
I was waiting to see tuvok500's response. Very good. GSP ALL the way!

Now this sets up title fights.

Bj vs Kenny
GSP vs Alves
Machida vs Rashad

I dont like machida but the guy finished the fight and should get the next shot.
Aether
2/1/09 12:51:58AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Aether

Posted by imanidiot777

That's what i thought. His brother tapped the doc's shoulder and told him no more.

They said it was at the doctor's advice though. Either way, BJ didn't quit, he layed there and ate elbows and punches for 15 straight minutes and stood up and walked back to his corner. If he were a quitter he would've stopped defending.
MMAcca
2/1/09 12:52:27AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I was waiting to see tuvok500's response. Very good. GSP ALL the way!

Now this sets up title fights.

Bj vs Kenny
GSP vs Alves
Machida vs Rashad

I dont like machida but the guy finished the fight and should get the next shot.

Then GSP Vs Anderson Silva
EvenFlow
2/1/09 12:53:19AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by EvenFlow

awesome, the ultimate takedown championship,

Doctor stoppage due to takedowns

i said that before the stoppage happened

no matter, thiago will take the gold
CanadianCripplr
2/1/09 12:53:55AM
I think the brother told the doc to stop it. They saw that all that was comin was more severe beating and possibly getting hurt or really busted open. The way his was gaining side control he was gonna pin his arm and pound him out hard in the last round.
I havent been this pumped about a fight since I made 2k betting rampage over chuck. This actually feels better and I didnt bet. I thought it would be much closer.
Talk about saving an otherwise lame fight card....
StriderXero
2/1/09 12:55:32AM
I am a huge BJ fan, but after the 2nd round I knew BJ wasn't going to win the fight. Sad to me but true. PROPS TO GSP, HE's P4P best right now

1 GSP
2 Fedor
3 Anderson
tuvok500
2/1/09 12:57:43AM
GSP is now # 1 P4P on the planet.
He just destroyed the # 3 P4P so i am moving him above Silva !!

As for GSP vs Silva, I want this fight to be at 185, not a catch weight, and my prediction, GSP rd 3 TKO !!!

My prediction for Bj vs Florian, Florian UD !!

My prediction for GSP vs Alves, GSP rd 2 TKO !!

thank you all !!

JWest12
2/1/09 12:58:53AM
I picked 4th rd TKP by GSP and put $1000 on him. I did pretty well. I am so happy right now. That was complete dominance! Go GSP!!!
Aether
2/1/09 1:02:28AM
nahhhhh Fedor is definitely still #1 GSP is probably #2. GSP has been beaten more than once, Fedor has never been beaten and he has more fights.
GSPCanada
2/1/09 1:02:37AM
offcially tko stoppage

unofficially he quit. just look at it bj had a few cuts but why did the doctor wanna stop it and why did his brother agree? Bj stood there and didnt want to fight anymore the doctor knew it and his camp knew it. unofficially its a quit. bj talked alot n he has lost some fans i think
loller90278
2/1/09 1:02:56AM
i've said it before and will say it again.. bj's jiu jitsu is overrated. my hats off to gsp for making bj look like a white belt on the ground.

my p4p:

1. fedor
1. gsp
2. a. silva

and no thats not a mistake, fedor and gsp are tied.
Jackelope
2/1/09 2:33:45AM
You guys need to cool it on saying fighters "quit"

It's okay to say that physically and mentally a fighter was obviously beaten, but unless you specifically hear a fighter say "I quit" you have no right to say these things. We let a lot of stuff slide with the Varner fight, and some stuff might slide through in this fight, but c'mon guys- quit? When was the last time you saw a fighter just straight up say "I quit"?

If a doctor says you're done regardless of whether the corner agrees or the fighter agrees the match is over. There is nothing they can do. Those are the rules.

It was obvious BJ was beaten, I would never deny that, but as a neutral fan who enjoys both fighters immensely and was watching the fight from an objective stance I never once saw BJ say "I quit". That kind of troll talk doesn't belong on the playground. We're a place for intelligent debate- let's keep it that way.
GSPCanada
2/1/09 2:56:30AM

Posted by Jackelope

It's okay to say that physically and mentally a fighter was obviously beaten, but unless you specifically hear a fighter say "I quit" you have no right to say these things. We let a lot of stuff slide with the Varner fight, and some stuff might slide through in this fight, but c'mon guys- quit? When was the last time you saw a fighter just straight up say "I quit"?

If a doctor says you're done regardless of whether the corner agrees or the fighter agrees the match is over. There is nothing they can do. Those are the rules.

It was obvious BJ was beaten, I would never deny that, but as a neutral fan who enjoys both fighters immensely and was watching the fight from an objective stance I never once saw BJ say "I quit". That kind of troll talk doesn't belong on the playground. We're a place for intelligent debate- let's keep it that way.

you are right that we should be able to talk intelligently about it although he never said he quit, by the end of the 4th I think he didnt want to fight anymore his brother told the doc the doc told herb n herb called it I just dont see much of a difference between what bj did tonight (maybe you didnt see it the way i did) and what george did against hughes the first time
telnights
2/1/09 4:41:21AM

Posted by Jackelope

I agree 100% with this!!!
casey64
2/1/09 10:13:21AM
I'm not saying Bj quit, but I didnt see that fight being one sided, before I watched. I thought it was gonna be a brawl, but it surprised me.
Franklinfan47
2/1/09 11:01:51AM
Well I went 6-4 and lost one of my three bets. Arroyo, Wilson, Diaz, and Bonnar all crapped out on me. Not my greatest event, yet I cant stop smiling

WAR GSP!!!!
casey64
2/1/09 11:37:21AM
Went 7-3 won about 300 dollars, losing a parlay because of Chris Wilson.
Twenty20Dollars
2/1/09 12:15:38PM
I thought GSP was going to beat BJ like Matt hughes beat BJ, in the cruxifx(sp) or however you spell it.

After Herb said bj you need to defend yourself gsp turned it up a notch in the 4th I think it was.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]