UFC 92 Results/Discussion/Spoilers

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 92 Results/Discussion/Spoilers
« Previous Page
cmb19932
12/28/08 12:23:46AM
forrest will be back damn but great fight and event
DCRage
12/28/08 12:23:56AM
Man oh man, I thought this card was going to have a tough time beating UFC 91...it annihilated it. And we've got enough time left that we're going to get at least one more prelim (probably Hardonk-Wessel). Best UFC in a long time.

That's it for tonight sans upcoming prelim, so until next year...good night, and good luck.
jiujitsufreak74
12/28/08 12:24:12AM

Posted by robnashville

well 9-1 on the nite...84 pts.... only nog let me down......

damn man, post more often hahahaha

this was my favorite event of 2008 by far.
dannyfrank
12/28/08 12:27:18AM
they shoul have called this UFC 92: Night of Upsets

my final score is 5-4 with 62 points. not great as far as pick percentage, but one of my better events as far as points go

night everyone

EDIT: congrats to rampage, mir, and rashad. they all showed me wrong
robnashville
12/28/08 12:28:59AM
i have been having a good season, last season i was very mediocre so don't pay me any mind......

nog killed me on my parlay..i was 20th in the wager side...... i'll take a tumble there....i feel like chris farley in tommy boy "NOG killed my sale!!!!!"
FlashyG
12/28/08 12:33:14AM

Posted by hotrodttt

# 2 this season congrats Flashy

Thanks hotrodttt, great season.
hotrodttt
12/28/08 12:36:02AM
Yes ! We and Flashy are Co-Champions, Forrest Submitted to Rashad and I did the math and we both got 69 Points
imanidiot777
12/28/08 12:47:03AM
Wow, I missed all three of the Big Three matches. Frank Mir looked REALLY good, I'm sure there will be deep discussion in the future about the next big fight between him and Brock. How could I have possibly picked Rampage after the first two destructions?

And for the last fight, I really REALLY hope Anderson Silva moves up to LHW and knocks out the cocky champion. That kiss and groin grab was totally ridiculous I hope Anderson breaks his orbital bones.
MikeyG
12/28/08 12:52:56AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by MikeyG

why, someone completely tears apart mine with no regard, not a chance

what are you talking about? no regard? i just disagreed, no need to get so anal

well its obvious you dont like me from previous posts in other threads so im gonna take what you say without a grain of salt so to speak, and its unecessary to even say you disagree, what is that gonna do? thats pretty much trolling if you ask me, its a mix between emotion and booze but im not happy with the fights, whatever man truce on this end
Jackelope
12/28/08 12:56:07AM

Posted by imanidiot777

Wow, I missed all three of the Big Three matches. Frank Mir looked REALLY good, I'm sure there will be deep discussion in the future about the next big fight between him and Brock. How could I have possibly picked Rampage after the first two destructions?

And for the last fight, I really REALLY hope Anderson Silva moves up to LHW and knocks out the cocky champion. That kiss and groin grab was totally ridiculous I hope Anderson breaks his orbital bones.

Agreed. I want to like Rashad... I really do. I am the kind of guy who appreciates what every one of those dudes goes out there and does for all of us fans. However, I just can't stand Rashad because of his constant show boating and disrespect. He first did it on TUF, and he's continuing to do it today. Forrest has been nothing but a gentleman and then Rashad has to go and pull some crap like that. It's not sportsmanlike, I don't care how you want to put it. Grabbing your crotch and then kissing your fingers (first of all WTF is that some kind of gay come-on???) and second of all I'd like to see someone explain how that encompasses respect in any way, shape or form. Big to Rashad. I can't stand that he pulls this crap time and again.

There is a VERY small number of fighters that I dislike, and he just solidified himself a spot near the top of that list. Not that he needs my respect, or anything.
telnights
12/28/08 1:26:08AM
Great event!!! I didn't do great on my picks but hit huge on my real world betting.

I think this maybe the best event of the year.

Patrick Barry vs Dan Evensen
Wow did Barry's leg kicks look good. He had some solid stand up and we may have another good fighter at HW.

Matt Hamill vs Reese Andy
Hamill looks a little better every time he fights. Those body shots just took the wind out Andy.

Antoni Hardonk vs Mike Wessel
Wessel didn't look real bad. He looked like a guy that took a fight on short notice. Hardonk showed he does have some ground skills. I would have liked to see Hardonk usze he reach a lot more but over all night a bad win.

Cheick Kongo vs Mostapha Al-Turk
This only fight I didnt care for. I think (this is just my point of view) the low blow by Kongo was fully meant to be a low blow. The ref not saying anything about the downward elbows to the back of the head. The fact that what looked to be an eye poke is what setup Kongo's attack that finished the fight. I will say Kongo's take down def looked good.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs Wanderlei Silva
This fight was great. I feel Rampage still showed some holes in his game but he also showed he isn't the guy he was 4 years ago. I'm not sure what Silva does from here. He cant really change again and he didn't look bad at all just got caught. I think he still has a few fight in him.

C.B. Dollaway vs Mike Massenzio
Dollaway didn't look bad but didn't show much improvement in my eyes. I feel both fighters need work.

Rashad Evans vs Forrest Griffin
Cant say I'm happy with the outcome because I don't care for Evans as a person or fighter. But it was a good fight. Both fighters looked good Griffin getting the better of Evans in round 1 and 2. Griffin will be back I'm sure of that. Evans showed again that he has fast hands and power behind them but he also showed he has some holes in his game as well. The fighters I feel can beat Evans right now are Machida, Thiago Silva, and Luis Arthur Cane.

Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Great fight and I was shocked how good Frank's stand up looked. Mir also showed he has power in his punches. Now Nogueira looked almost lost by the fact Mir was out striking him. Is it age getting to Nog or MIr just is that good now? I think its a little bit of both. But I hope people stop hating on Mir now and start giving the guy the respect he deserves as a fighter. Some will say the stoppage was early but Nog was done he couldn't even stand up after it was stopped. Nothing would have changed other than Mir beating on him more.
jiujitsufreak74
12/28/08 2:38:09AM

Posted by MikeyG

Posted by MikeyG

well its obvious you dont like me from previous posts in other threads so im gonna take what you say without a grain of salt so to speak, and its unecessary to even say you disagree, what is that gonna do? thats pretty much trolling if you ask me, its a mix between emotion and booze but im not happy with the fights, whatever man truce on this end

are you serious? i have no opinion of you, nor do i remember any of your other posts. i posted i disagree because i disagreed. i think this card was the best card of 2008, so when i saw you mentioned it was unfair and biased, i wanted to chime in with my differing view point. it's called a discussion.
MikeyG
12/28/08 2:48:16AM

Posted by MikeyG

Posted by MikeyG

are you serious? i have no opinion of you, nor do i remember any of your other posts. i posted i disagree because i disagreed. i think this card was the best card of 2008, so when i saw you mentioned it was unfair and biased, i wanted to chime in with my differing view point. it's called a discussion.

alright explain how that could have been discussed, a bunch of my favorites lost which in turn ruined the event for me, whats to discuss? maybe you didnt mean to troll but you didnt ask me anything or go further into anything so your argument of "discussing" is a bit odd, you just said the opposite of me, you could have said you liked it without quoting me ya know? obviously i dont share that opinion of a good event so honestly whats the point of making it worse? cmon now
Aether
12/28/08 3:04:37AM
great fights but I'm really disappointed in a lot of the outcomes. Can't complain though, like I said the fights were great, probably in the top 3 cards of the year, maybe #1, I just kind of have mixed emotions because the majority of the people I was rooting for lost.

Honestly, if Rashad had lost I would've been fine with all of the other upsets, I really hate that guy so much it's crazy. It's not just that he showboats... he showboats when he's getting his ass handed to him and it's so ridiculous to watch him turtle up, eat 6 shots to the face and then do a stupid little dance like he accomplished something by getting punched a bunch of times.

I do have to hand it to him, he came with a decent gameplan, although I thought he would've been better off taking the fight to the ground right off the bat, which is where he ultimately gained control and won. I really want to see him face a more technical striker that doesn't swing so wildly and leave himself wide open the way that chuck and forrest both have a tendency to do. I think someone like Rampage with good wrestling and solid technical standup will school him, personally. I picked Forrest initially but as soon as I saw him over-committing and throwing wild I knew it was just a matter of time before we saw a repeat of the Jardine fight... Too bad he didn't keep his head together the way he did against Rampage. Even though I still believe he lost that fight, if he had followed the same conservative gameplan tonight I think he would have won.
jiujitsufreak74
12/28/08 3:15:43AM

Posted by MikeyG
alright explain how that could have been discussed, a bunch of my favorites lost which in turn ruined the event for me, whats to discuss? maybe you didnt mean to troll but you didnt ask me anything or go further into anything so your argument of "discussing" is a bit odd, you just said the opposite of me, you could have said you liked it without quoting me ya know? obviously i dont share that opinion of a good event so honestly whats the point of making it worse? cmon now

i just didn't understand how one couldn't like this event. then you explained it, which was my intent. however, you did so in a way that was just plain ridiculous b/c you felt provoked even though that wasn't my intention
StorminYourman
12/28/08 3:40:35AM
Big ups to the winners of the main fights and all but 3 of my favorite fighters lost tonight.

I am kind of bummed,however it was a good night of fights!
MikeyG
12/28/08 3:57:34AM

i just didn't understand how one couldn't like this event. then you explained it, which was my intent. however, you did so in a way that was just plain ridiculous b/c you felt provoked even though that wasn't my intention

maybe i reacted in haste but like i said it was a mix of druken emotional depression plus i dont see the point in quoting me saying you disagree, when fan favorites lose those fans tend to get upset and i think this is obvious and why i didnt like the event

even if the other guys who won put on good shows thats not what i saw tonight, its like i saw friends or family members get ko'd or characters i didnt like get wins like cb and kongo and seeing ryo lose as well was upsetting as well

rampages' extra shots after the ref was trying to stop it could or should have been a DQ emotional outburst or not, along with kongo's clearly intentional groin shot maybe not an instant DQ but turk could or should have pulled a james irvin at ufc 79
Jackelope
12/28/08 10:59:07AM

Posted by MikeyG

maybe i reacted in haste but like i said it was a mix of druken emotional depression plus i dont see the point in quoting me saying you disagree, when fan favorites lose those fans tend to get upset and i think this is obvious and why i didnt like the event

even if the other guys who won put on good shows thats not what i saw tonight, its like i saw friends or family members get ko'd or characters i didnt like get wins like cb and kongo and seeing ryo lose as well was upsetting as well

rampages' extra shots after the ref was trying to stop it could or should have been a DQ emotional outburst or not, along with kongo's clearly intentional groin shot maybe not an instant DQ but turk could or should have pulled a james irvin at ufc 79

Haha, bro I've seen you react like this several times on the boards already. As a moderator its my job to watch out for these kinds of things. Just realize that this is a forum for discussion. People will often quote you and post differing opinion. Unless they throw out insults to attack you personally there's no need to get touchy. As tight as the rules are on this forum its in your best interest to just relax and have a calm discussion. No need to get amped my brother
copcopps
12/28/08 11:11:14AM
btw apparently I didn't change my pick to Evensen and I got the hot bout
casey64
12/28/08 1:31:48PM
How about Rashad, love rashad, and frank vs. brock will be good.
MikeyG
12/28/08 3:43:08PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by MikeyG

Haha, bro I've seen you react like this several times on the boards already. As a moderator its my job to watch out for these kinds of things. Just realize that this is a forum for discussion. People will often quote you and post differing opinion. Unless they throw out insults to attack you personally there's no need to get touchy. As tight as the rules are on this forum its in your best interest to just relax and have a calm discussion. No need to get amped my brother

this was his original quoted post to me saying UFC 92 was the worst event imo

"i disagree. i don't have a problem with any of the fights so far, and it is probably one of the more entertaining cards of 2008"

good for you jjfreak you liked the event obviously i dont share this opinion and i do have a problem with any/all of the fights otherwise i wouldnt say so, ya know? how he writes it dosnt lead into discussion or make me believe he wants to discuss it leads to instigation, theres no point, it was just unecessary, period
jiujitsufreak74
12/28/08 3:48:04PM

Posted by MikeyG

"i disagree. i don't have a problem with any of the fights so far, and it is probably one of the more entertaining cards of 2008"

good for you jjfreak you liked the event obviously i dont share this opinion and i do have a problem with any/all of the fights otherwise i wouldnt say so, ya know? how he writes it dosnt lead into discussion or make me believe he wants to discuss it leads to instigation, theres no point, it was just unecessary, period

wow, i'm in complete shock. i do that all the time, when i see something i disagree with, i quote it, state my opinion, and then wait for them to respond and state why they feel the way they do. you just seem to not be able to have conversation on forums without getting butt hurt
MikeyG
12/28/08 3:52:41PM

wow, i'm in complete shock. i do that all the time, when i see something i disagree with, i quote it, state my opinion, and then wait for them to respond and state why they feel the way they do. you just seem to not be able to have conversation on forums without getting butt hurt

dude theres no hard feelings at all, cheers
Jackelope
12/28/08 10:02:31PM

Posted by MikeyG

I saw the whole discussion. I don't see anything inflammatory about his comments. He didn't say "Dude, you're an idiot... the fight card is awesome!" If he had said something like that then I'd definitely agree with your assessment. Most people around this site are good people, and they're here for a good discussion, not to insult. Anyway, it's all over now. I'm just letting you know that these things are like pendulums- the harder you push it away from you, the harder it will come back towards you. It's best to just keep things on an even keel if you can.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]