UFC 91 Results/Discussion/Spoilers...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 91 Results/Discussion/Spoilers...
« Previous Page
MALICE
11/16/08 12:30:41AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by MMAcca

Gurgel paid no attention to dellagrotte their whatsoever......

Gurgel is very talented, his only weakness is his mental game. He never listens, and always loses focus and ends up brawling.

I agree. It's very frustrating to see such a talented BJJ practitioner not playing to his strengths.

But he's done the same thing in every fight i've seen him in, so he's not gonna change anytime soon imo.

I know, it's every time. That's what made this pick so easy for me. And gave me 22 points.
MMAcca
11/16/08 12:34:00AM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by MMAcca

Gurgel paid no attention to dellagrotte their whatsoever......

Gurgel is very talented, his only weakness is his mental game. He never listens, and always loses focus and ends up brawling.

I agree. It's very frustrating to see such a talented BJJ practitioner not playing to his strengths.

But he's done the same thing in every fight i've seen him in, so he's not gonna change anytime soon imo.

I know, it's every time. That's what made this pick so easy for me. And gave me 22 points.

If only i had stuck with my gut instinct....Instead, i read an interview with Gurgel, where he said he would take notice of dellagrotte.... then changed my pick accordingly
MMAcca
11/16/08 12:36:42AM
Bocek/Robinson is on now, does that mean we've seen every fight tonight ?
MALICE
11/16/08 12:37:15AM

Posted by MMAcca

Yup, that has to be a first.
MMAcca
11/16/08 12:42:09AM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by MMAcca

Yup, that has to be a first.

thought so too
xtra_chewy
11/16/08 12:44:12AM
There will be some hatin' on these forums tomorrow....

I finally picked the main event right for once.

MMAcca
11/16/08 12:46:08AM

Posted by xtra_chewy

There will be some hatin' on these forums tomorrow....

I finally picked the main event right for once.

I hope all of the haters are dealt with (ie: warnings,etc.....) because Brock deserves that title. end of story.
imanidiot777
11/16/08 12:46:42AM
Wow, that is all I can say. First off, congrats to Brock, I was fairly impressed with his stand up game in that fight as well, no longer looked awkward like the Mir fight and was better in the Herring fight; looked pretty comfortable today.

That knockout of Dos Anjos was RIDICULOUS! If anyone can find a GIF of that I'd love you forever
cmill21
11/16/08 12:48:31AM
I still want to see Brock face a top striker, and I still think Nog or Mir will sub him again. I didn't care who won either way, but Brock winning gave me a 7-2 mark for the card so woot.
MMAcca
11/16/08 12:51:56AM

Posted by cmill21

I still want to see Brock face a top striker, and I still think Nog or Mir will sub him again. I didn't care who won either way, but Brock winning gave me a 7-2 mark for the card so woot.

I agree that Big Nog will submit him and take the belt, however i think Brock would beat Mir if they ever had a rematch.
Wolfenstein
11/16/08 12:58:14AM
That may have been the best pacing for a UFC event ever. We got to see all 9 fights...spectacular
cmill21
11/16/08 1:02:54AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by cmill21

I agree that Big Nog will submit him and take the belt, however i think Brock would beat Mir if they ever had a rematch.

I do think that Brock could take Mir out but I think JJ guys are horrible for him to face. If Werdum didn't get caught I think he would also beat Brock, I would say GG to but as soon as Gabe gets hit he fold like a tent.
bojangalz
11/16/08 1:05:07AM
Not too bad here... 8-1 (missed on Couture) with 77 points. But I hit $62K with McLovin, KenFlo, and Maia. Also hit $22K on Maia alone (That'll be the last time we see him at even money!)
MMAcca
11/16/08 1:08:55AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by cmill21

I do think that Brock could take Mir out but I think JJ guys are horrible for him to face. If Werdum didn't get caught I think he would also beat Brock, I would say GG to but as soon as Gabe gets hit he fold like a tent.

Yeah, Brock is always gonna struggle against elite, big, BJJ guys, because of how late he has come into the sport.
cmill21
11/16/08 1:12:31AM

Posted by bojangalz
Also hit $22K on Maia alone (That'll be the last time we see him at even money!)

His next fight may be against Anderson.
MMAcca
11/16/08 1:18:22AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by bojangalz
Also hit $22K on Maia alone (That'll be the last time we see him at even money!)

His next fight may be against Anderson.

I think he's more likely to fight Okami/Marquadt next, you ?
DCRage
11/16/08 8:49:13AM
I think Maia will need one more win before a title shot, although now there are some TUF 9 rumors about Maia now getting on the coaching candidates list.

The Bonus Of The Night winners, $60K to each:
Fight-Gurgel vs. Riley
KO-Stephens
Sub-Hazelett

Attendance: They claimed 14,272 paid for a live gate of $4.8 million. That's the 4th-largest live gate in UFC history and the 3rd-largest ever in Nevada.
Kpro
6/26/12 2:17:52AM

Posted by DCRage

Kpro and everyone else, don't post anything else like that unless you have concrete proof to back it up. No more warnings, not in the mood tonight.

K THX!
BuffaloDave
6/26/12 9:28:07AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by DCRage

Kpro and everyone else, don't post anything else like that unless you have concrete proof to back it up. No more warnings, not in the mood tonight.

K THX!

So glad I missed the dark days of this DCRage fella. Definitely would have been banned a few times by him. LOL at him swinging his mod dick around because he wasn't in the mood.

I bet he was the type to brag to friends (or probably in his case, other internet forums) that he was a mod.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]