Response to Din Thomas

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Response to Din Thomas
kmansoori6
6/6/07 2:18:53PM
Just out of curiosity, Does anyone know if there was any kind of response to Din Thomas' comments about the boxers/boxing community talking shit about MMA. If anyone has any info plz share...
johny_rotten
6/6/07 3:50:54PM

Posted by kmansoori6

Just out of curiosity, Does anyone know if there was any kind of response to Din Thomas' comments about the boxers/boxing community talking shit about MMA. If anyone has any info plz share...

Din was "Johny come lately" on this whole thing. Before he opened his mouth Floyd already apologized for his comments, and said he would never step in the octagon.
kmansoori6
6/6/07 4:12:15PM
oops...
Stickan
6/6/07 5:41:40PM

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by kmansoori6

Din was "Johny come lately" on this whole thing. Before he opened his mouth Floyd already apologized for his comments, and said he would never step in the octagon.

Cintron is still in the mix though. A fight between Din Thomas and Kermit Cintron would be cool to see. I'd love to see Din setup that double-leg they way he did against Stephens. Even a self-claimed great wrestler like Cintron wouldn't be able to stuff that shot.

Din is the man. I'd like to see him step up in competition though.
hughesfan1
6/6/07 5:45:45PM
I'd love to see Din break Citron's arm or choke him out.
bayonetxwork
6/6/07 7:49:50PM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by kmansoori6

Cintron is still in the mix though. A fight between Din Thomas and Kermit Cintron would be cool to see. I'd love to see Din setup that double-leg they way he did against Stephens. Even a self-claimed great wrestler like Cintron wouldn't be able to stuff that shot.

Din is the man. I'd like to see him step up in competition though.

No one can stuff that shot, haha, by the time you realize he changed his level, your already on your back. Probably the best MMA shot I've seen in a while.
Damien6663
6/6/07 9:09:50PM
Din is legit, he has the total package striking, jitsu, wrestling....My only gripe with Din's game is he is to eager to pull guard, this loses him points on the judges card's.
johny_rotten
6/6/07 10:48:23PM

Posted by Damien6663

Din is legit, he has the total package striking, jitsu, wrestling....My only gripe with Din's game is he is to eager to pull guard, this loses him points on the judges card's.

I agree completely with that. A true test for him will be when he faces a guy like Joe Daddy who has sub defense, and very good wrestleing.
JimiMak
6/6/07 11:06:51PM
I don't care who it is, unless you're trying to setup a sub immediately, pulling guard sucks, even in real grappling it shows you have no takedowns or defense to them. I you just wanna jump to guard that sucks, other than that he is a great fighter.
IDK bout y'all, but rather than see a boxer get embarrassed I'd rather see a boxer who has a wrestling background get tapped by a sub guy, or ko'd by someone you wouldn't think would ko a boxer, it shouldn't be old UFC it should be a schooling. Even if Kimbo makes a good appearance based on his recent training, subbing a boxer would show he has real intent and that it only takes a little sub training to beat a boxer.
Stickan
6/7/07 10:01:01AM

Posted by JimiMak

I don't care who it is, unless you're trying to setup a sub immediately, pulling guard sucks, even in real grappling it shows you have no takedowns or defense to them. I you just wanna jump to guard that sucks, other than that he is a great fighter.
IDK bout y'all, but rather than see a boxer get embarrassed I'd rather see a boxer who has a wrestling background get tapped by a sub guy, or ko'd by someone you wouldn't think would ko a boxer, it shouldn't be old UFC it should be a schooling. Even if Kimbo makes a good appearance based on his recent training, subbing a boxer would show he has real intent and that it only takes a little sub training to beat a boxer.

In the perfect world I'd like to see a top level boxer get into the UFC and get destroyed by strikes for example knees or leg kicks. That would open their eyes for sure.
cmill21
6/7/07 7:11:58PM
A Mirko Filipovic high kick to the head of....whoever the heavyweight champ in boxing is would be funny. Yeah maybe they can take a punch, but can they take a devastating high kick? Or how about Floyd Mayweather fighting Gomi? That'd be funny.
Stickan
6/7/07 7:43:20PM

Posted by cmill21
Or how about Floyd Mayweather fighting Gomi? That'd be funny.

Probably not. Gomi doesn't seem like the smartest guy on the planet and he would probably want to stand and trade wild punches with Floyd. He would get knocked out badly.
KYGUY07
6/8/07 3:58:18PM
Din would kill Cintron.