Your least respected fighter?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Your least respected fighter?
« Previous Page | Next Page »
POLL: Least respected fighter?
Tito Ortiz 10% (7)
Ken Shamrock 7% (5)
Kimbo Slice 19% (14)
Phil Baroni 14% (10)
I respect all MMA fighters 18% (13)
Other(please say who) 33% (24)
Pookie
7/1/08 7:33:08PM
Who saying shogun is better than chuck?

Youre the one who abruptly said chuck was better than shogun. No ones trying to convince you of the opposite, anyone replying to you is just trying to show you that youre a fool.
jiujitsufreak74
7/1/08 7:35:35PM

Posted by goatse

read my above post. it proves you to be a fool. also, using MMAth doesn't show knowledge. you can just as easily say Shogun and Wandy beat Rampage who raped Liddell twice. you obviously seem stuck in a twisted reality that has no real world applications whatsoever. have fun being an ignorant fool, i am done humoring you.

So if mma math doesnt work , why did you use it in your page long response? Or do you mean it only works when you want it to .

but i will take out the mma math and look at it this way, chuck is over the hill and wandy is still 31 and should be in his prime, yet he still lost to chuck.

i was merely trying to relate my argument with your line of thinking. it was just to point out how your redundant argument is refuted by your own train of thought.
dustyp
7/1/08 7:48:00PM
[
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Pookie

Who saying shogun is better than chuck?

Youre the one who abruptly said chuck was better than shogun. No ones trying to convince you of the opposite, anyone replying to you is just trying to show you that youre a fool.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I answered the question who is your least respected fighter. See my first post so i dont have to type it all over agian if you really need it explained

and what were saying is that no way no how no where should shogun be considered being the least respected fighter.You dont even have a reason just that he got beat prolly the only time you have ever seen him fight. Which was against a top 10 fighter in his fist fight in the ufc or a cage. But we're wrong because we are real fans that know what were talkin about . It is one thing to not know it is another to be ignorant. Learn to stop while your ahead.
Pookie
7/1/08 7:56:48PM

Posted by goatse

So he lost to Forrest and to a guy that Chuck beat twice , yet somehow he is better than Chuck? LOL

Right here man.
big_timmy
7/1/08 8:07:01PM
MMAth can prove anything, but it also negates any argument, so its useless really.

Forrest lost to Tito, Tito lost to Chuck, Chuck lost to Rampage, Rampage lost to Shogun, Shogun lost to Forrest. But wait, didnt Forrest lose to Tito, Tito lost to Chuck, Chuck lost to Rampage, Rampage lost to Shogun, Shogun lost to Forrest....

See how silly it is. Just cause someone beat someone who beat someone, dont mean shit, ladies and gentlemen. So who ever uses it to prove a point is a knob.
EON
7/1/08 8:56:17PM

Posted by goatse

So he lost to Forrest and to a guy that Chuck beat twice , yet somehow he is better than Chuck? LOL

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
big_timmy
7/1/08 8:58:53PM
FAIL
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Khaos
7/1/08 9:19:48PM
Melvin Guillard

and

Kimbo Slice

and

of course Joey Scarola(and Nick Serra)

almost forgot about Eli Joslin(TUF 2)

"I'm Not a Bitch", "The Camera's are bothering me", "I don't even know if I want to be a fighter."
jnjjacob
7/1/08 9:26:14PM
Michael Bisping and Melvin Guillard.
They just don't show the respect that I like to see among fighters.
tdietel01
7/1/08 9:46:35PM
I like babalu but holding that choke till the guy passed out was complete shit! so he gets the reward for me.
kimbo shouldnt be disrespected cause he is promoted so much. so far i think he has acted pretty classy for the position he is in. with everyone calling him overrated and such (not that im saying he isnt overrated)
chrismithers
7/1/08 11:06:49PM
ok goatse or whatever the ufc or mma isnt politics so how is standing up to George Bush cool. its not wow you have a song that EMINEM sang and wrote with tito coming outh wow thats cool. im always going to look up to tito from know on. Tito has zip respect to anyone.
Pitbull09
7/1/08 11:35:42PM
Its sad to see guys like Shamrock and Ortiz beside guys liek Baroni and Kimbo on here. At least Ken and Tito did a ton of stuff for the sport unlike Kimbo who has crooked judges and the biggest hype train in MMA right now and Baroni who is simply a cocky self promoting nobody that fights in Elite XC

I picked Baroni but Slice is right up there
chrismithers
7/1/08 11:56:31PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Its sad to see guys like Shamrock and Ortiz beside guys liek Baroni and Kimbo on here. At least Ken and Tito did a ton of stuff for the sport unlike Kimbo who has crooked judges and the biggest hype train in MMA right now and Baroni who is simply a cocky self promoting nobody that fights in Elite XC

I picked Baroni but Slice is right up there

well i just put down guys in the poll i didnt really like thats why i put an other just in case
roger
7/2/08 12:06:10AM
kalib starnes who goes into a fight and not want to get hit anyone who runs 3 rounds losses my respect good thing he's gone
jae_1833
7/2/08 12:19:53AM
Has everyone forgotten the Notorious Gabe Ruediger??
voodoo-jitsu
7/2/08 12:23:28AM
jeremy may if u concider him a fighter
big_timmy
7/2/08 12:24:25AM

Posted by jae_1833

No, i just thought we were only including FIGHTERS.
jae_1833
7/2/08 12:27:56AM
Well c'mon here did you see who Khaos nominated!!!!
dustyp
7/2/08 12:32:12AM

Posted by jae_1833

good one but i prefer to call him by his nickname Mr. Enema from Most Outragous Moments
chrismithers
7/2/08 1:33:33AM

Posted by dustyp

Posted by jae_1833

good one but i prefer to call him by his nickname Mr. Enema from Most Outragous Moments

the half a ton man can cut weight faster than he did
holt8081
7/2/08 3:00:19AM
Kimbo, I dont think he is the real deal at all.
holt8081
7/2/08 3:05:34AM
I forgot to add Houston Alexander, I have no respect for some one who stands over there downed opponant and yells at them, if you dont know what im taliking about watch when he fought Jardine, after he knocked him out he disrespected the sport and his opponant..........imo
kaduey
7/2/08 3:01:14PM
Giant Silva. This guy doesn't belong near any form of fighting platform.
Frank Trigg. You Know!
Tito Ortiz. Never seen a bigger phony in my life.
Sentryou. Same as Giant Silva.
tylerlee123
7/2/08 6:49:29PM
Melvin Guillard
Ben_Hutch
7/2/08 7:25:01PM
Anyone who steps into an MMA Cage/Ring gets my respect.
Franklinfan47
7/2/08 7:30:08PM
Guillard, Kimbo, Ken Shamrock, Hughes (I have all the respect in the world for hughes the fighter, but hughes the man is another story), sylvia, kalib starnes, gabe ruediger, i could go on and on.
Figsak
7/2/08 11:24:47PM
1. I still have Shogun ranked #2. I think rather than just comparing records you have to actually watch his fights to see how incredible the guy is.

2. Saying Pride was the minor leagues means you never watched Pride. Up until UFC bought pride and they started doing cross promotional fights, it was pretty much a universal perception that Pride is where the meat was. Shogun, Wandy, Gomi, Henderson, Aoki, Sakuraba, Arona, Sokoudjou, Barnett, Belfort, Coleman, Both Emelianenkos, CroCop, Frye, 8 Gracies, Herring, Hunt, Ishida, Rampage, Kang, Kondo, Melendez, Misaki, Mousasi, Both Nogueiras, Overeem, Randleman, Rizzo, Ruas, Sakurai, Vovchanchyn, Werdum.

You couldn't of make a list of skilled famous fighters like that from the UFC at that time. UFC was the under dog. (If I missed a few it's because I'm stupid)

But back to the main poll question, I'd say... Matt Serra.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy as a person, I just don't have much respect for a guy that goes from being a (3-3 in the last 6) washout, to getting a title fight that other fighters actually WORKED for. He got the theme park handicap line cut pass. I'm glad the UFC changed the way the operated the end game for the TUF shows.

rowdy1
7/2/08 11:51:08PM
nick diaz...i dont know why exactly but for some reason he angers me i cant stand to watch or hear about his fights.
mrkennedy
7/3/08 12:02:24AM

Posted by goatse

mine is Shogun

outside of rampage hasnt beat anyone worth a prelim fight. Not so much no respect for him even though him not showing up in shape to fight forrest was ridiculous, more as disdain for a guy like that be considered number 1 at any point. laughable

why nobody give the credit to forrest

the fighter i disrespect is Melvin Guillard because he is a trash talk(it o.k to trash talk but you have to backup your word like the diaz brothers)
hathcock32
7/3/08 1:28:21AM
Karo ive tried to like the guy. Dont get me wrong he is a great fighter...every time i hear him in a interview i like him less......Also, i dont really consider him a fighter but he was on a season of the Ultimate fighter so i guess i will count that....but anyway Jeremy May. That kid was a joke. As Mike Dolce put it "that guy sucks" not talking about his fighting even, his personality made me ill.
Pages: 1 [2] 3